The hotel has had a recent rennovation, so all the negative reviews before 2009 can be pretty much disregarded. The room we stayed in was at the end furthest from International Drive, towards the Sea World entrance, and it looked exactly like the pictures - very modern and fresh looking. Clean too, which you have to expect. The only downside was a very light stain on the carpet at the door, which I guess you'd expect as the pool was maybe 50 feet away, and there's no door mat to stand on when you (or anyone else) comes in dripping wet.
There was a 28" or so LCD TV in our double room with about 30 channels, including HBO, a nice sofa and coffee table which we didn't expect. The bed was really comfy, shower was nice and big (no bath), and there was an iron, hair dryer, and free safe, where you punch in your own combination to lock and unlock it. Very handy.
We stayed there as part of our Honeymoon, which started in NYC, then went to Miami, and ended up in Orlando. We're big kids, so it suited us really well. We opted to pick nice hotels in NYC and Miami, and stay in a Motel/Hotel in Orlando, but pay a little extra for some comforts. The IPRAS really exceeded expectations; and that's coming from staying in a 4.5 star hotel in Times Square NYC. Okay it's not the Hilton, and they don't lay mints onto your pillow in gold oyster shells, but it's a cut above the standard Days Inn, Ramada and Best Western types.
We didn't really use that much of the hotel's facilities, just opting to purchase the $9.95 internet for 2 days so we could email home, and we never visited the bar and grill. We used the hotel as a base for doing all the parks and lots of shopping, but it was nice to come 'home' to the nicely landscaped gardens, and have a quick dip in the pool.
Seaworld is about a 10min walk away, and ditto aquatica. Perfect for saving the $12 on parking! Everywhere else is either a trolley ride on the "i-ride" bus service, or a car drive away. We had a car, so we were slightly more flexible, but it was by no means a necessity.
The only downside was on checking out, when we received a bill for breakfast and were charged twice for internet on the same day. We were left standing for 30mins while the girl at the desk went away to check the breakfast list to see if we were lying or not. When she came back, there was no apology and no level of service at all.
Having said that, every other member of staff apart from that one girl was very polite and pleasant, and made us very welcome.
Would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat. Hands down one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. Conveniently located adjacent to SeaWorld and its water park Aquatica and just minutes away from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World and the Orange County Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- International Plaza Orlando
- Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At SeaWorld Florida