We stayed at Sonesta for 9 days, and absolutely loved it! We last stayed there when it was called Staybridge Suites, about 4 years ago. We were pleasantly surpirsed by the revamp of the hotel, which is still taking place whilst we stayed.
The staff are very friendly and accommodating - we were most impressed by Vanessa, Migna and Robert (the Manager), who were always willing to help us and just to chat to us, which was nice. Even the kitchen staff/cleaners are friendly and warm people, and remembered us from our last visit, which was nice.
The breakfast was good - there was a wide variety of choice, and the food was replenished regularly. The hot food changed on a daily basis as well, which was nice. The breakfast area did get very busy in the mornings; the best time to eat is after 9.30 or early at about 7. If not, you may struggle to find a table indoors, but we also found it nice to sit out by the pool and have our breakfast.
The rooms were very stylish and modern, as well as clean and tidy. There were 2 flat screen TVs in the suite, which was good from our perspective. The bathroom is also modern; the room was cleaned daily, and to a good standard, but sometimes late in the day (maybe because we were on the top floor). You feel very safe as there are always security staff everywhere.
The Manager was always willing to get customers' feedback as to any changes to make the stay even better, and seemed genuinly interested in our opinions.
The hotel is close to: Ponderosa, Cici's Pizza, Tony Roma's Restaurant, Goodie's Supermarket and Friendly's Restaurant. Opposite the hotel, there will be a large restaurant and shopping complex coming soon, which will provide more eating options to this area of International Drive.
Overall, we could not fault this place, and don't know why it is only a 3-star - easily a 4+! For a few £100s, the extra cost is well worth your money, especially if you want a peaceful, relaxing stay.
S. P. S. Dhiman & Family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta ES Suites Orlando offers a convenient International Drive location, across from the Orlando Eye, near the Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Universal Orlando, and Sea World Orlando. With a fresh modern appeal, all guest suites, public space and dining options have been completely re-imagined. Offering brand new One and Two Bedroom Suites (sleeping up to 8 guests), a complimentary upgraded breakfast buffet each morning, a new take on Happy Hour, on-site Shoppe convenience store, and The Pour, our new lobby lounge. The hotel also offers WiFi, onsite fitness room, heated swimming pool, business services, laundry, a shuttle to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando, and an adjacent I-Ride Trolley Stop which provides transportation to Sea World, Aquatica, and the Orlando Premium Outlets. Guests appreciate this contemporary hotel near restaurants, shops and attractions easily within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Staybridge Suites
- Sonesta ES Suites Orlando Florida