“Rooms outdated but conviently located”

Super 8 Orlando International Drive
Ranked #239 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Naples, Fl
“Rooms outdated but conviently located”
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

I didn't have a good first impression of the place when there is a separate lobby door for after hours checking with bulletproof glass between you and the front desk. Was charged an extra $2.50 a night that wasn't quoted at time of reservation. When questioned about it i was told it was an extra tax. The room was large but sparsely furnished with no lamps at bedside and furniture that was old. The room was clean with both clean sheets and towels, but with an older and outdated bathroom. The chain lock on the door was missing. Not a good feeling of security. The building seems well maintained and the staff was helpful but I would probably pay a few dollars more the next time and stay at a better place.

Stayed May 2012
1 Thank kharmannghia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
HOMESTEAD
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Paid for this room completely online.. At check in was asked for id and credit card used when booking nite desk agent made a copy of my info for incidental charges which i did not see as odd because hotels usually want a deposit at check in . this is the first and last time that i ever paid my deposit using my credit card instead of cash... Did not want my room cleaned because i don't trust anyone around my personal belonging .The price was great the first room i was at tiolet was stopped up .. so they moved us down the hall to another room.yseterday (4/27/12) i deposited my check and see a new charge from orlando (i stayed from 4/5-4/8/2012) it said USF food orlando ,fl .I am in miami,fl. Called my bank and they say that the credit card info was manually entered at the purchase site on (4/27) told them it ain't me i am in miami..F#$%ing super 8 that is the only place while on my trip that i used the card.. be ware of this hotel overnight agent was a young american kid in his early 20's..USF good thing i caught the little $10 charge, guess he was checking to see if i had money on it before the big purchase... dont stay here.. one bad apple spoils the bunch

Room Tip: don't get any rooms at this motel get another place to stay..
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JOHNSONL422

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

San Juan, PR
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This hotel was recently renovated. The rooms are clean and tastefully decorated. The staff is friendly and helpful. Excellent location for Universal Studios, almost walking distance.

Just a piece of advice: not all the rooms have mini-fridge and microwave, so be sure which one you reserve, if these amenities are important for you. I was about to be given a room without them, and I had to show my reservation to get a room with microwave and mini-fridge.

The hotel offers a nice continental breakfast, which consists of bread, muffins, oatmeal, cereals, milk, coffee, juices, butter and jelly. The breakfast area is very nice.

Definitively, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with microwave and mini-fridge.
4 Thank Emil A
NS
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Paid very little, but wouldn't stay here even if it was free. As others have said, the staff are helpful, but the overall atmosphere of the place and the rooms felt scary. Claustrophobic rooms, dated and dirty. Damp smell in the room and door appeared to have had the lock broken. I expected basic, but it isn't appropriate for a family.

4 Thank JaneE88
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The staff are friendly and helpful, but the problem with this hotel is the rooms. To claim the rooms have been re-modeled is false. The rooms have been painted and carpeted, but one of our rooms had old furniture and bedside lights did not work, the bathrooms are in need of refurbishment and at least a good clean. In one room the hanging rail was falling off the wall and the other room did not have a rail.
We paid a rate of $89-00 per night and booked 4 nights ,leaving after one night.
We were offered another room, but declined.
DONT BOOK.

Room Tip: Ask to see rooms before booking.
2 Thank gedcarroll
louisville ky
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Spent two nights in March, 2012 in a king bed room. Not all rooms have micro/fridge. Nice, smiling lady at front desk presents a good first impression of the property. Hotel workers I encountered on the property spoke and were friendly. Rooms are nicely renovated except for the bathrooms which still show their age. Exterior of property appears clean and fresh. Pool and pool area is nicely maintained. Great location for Universal. The property is a good value but the resort fee that shows up on your bill at checkout left me feeling like they pulled a minor fast one. Why not just include that in the room rate and avoid the appearance of deception? I think next time in Orlando I would prefer to look elsewhere rather than have charges automatically added at the end of my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank exvector
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Overall this was a pretty good hotel. The rooms have been recently renovated and were very clean upon arrival. The front desk staff was generally very friendly and helpful. The included Internet was quick and easy to setup. The location is excellent if you are going to Universal, and have quick access to I-4 if you are going to Disney. We stayed over President's Day weekend and the price was appropriate considering the holiday.

On the other hand: we have a son with severe food allergies so we travel with his food and book hotels with refrigerators and microwaves in the room. Our confirmation said that we had both, but when we arrived there were no refrigerators or microwaves. The front desk told us that none of the rooms have fridges. They have a no refund policy, and since it was a holiday weekend, we made do with a cooler and the ice machine.

The second major problem had to do with key cards. On both the second and third day of our trip, when we returned from the parks with our children, our keycards failed to open the door. It was extremely difficult to drag tired kids up to a hotel room only to have to wait 15 minutes to have keys remade to get into our room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family