“Good value”

Ranked #248 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed in one of the "upgraded" rooms, which is basically a new coat of paint and upgraded decor. The room was clean and larger than I expected, and the staff is friendly. The motel is close to WetnWild and Universal Studios. We chose to take a cab to Universal instead of driving ourselves. The front desk called the cab service for us and we were on our way within 10 minutes. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay without the frills, this is a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank tllcjb
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our hotel. A lot of changes have been made and will continually be made to improve guest satisfaction. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Thank you again, and if I can be of assistance to you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Nadia Golosovskaya
Super 8 Orlando International Drive

Write a ReviewReviews (1,626)

Reviewed 23 July 2012

This does exactly what it's supposed to do and nothing else. If you want cheap accommodation and to be 15min walk from Universal, then this is the place for you. The rooms have been recently renovated and the beds are comfy enough. Internet works in the room perfectly and the TV has all the channels you could need. You are surrounded by different restaurants on Int. Drive so no problems on that side. Negative: The breakfast is terrible and the swimming pool is in the middle of the car park.

To see more reviews and photos go to www.everydaysomewhere.com

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EverydaySomewhere
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to write the review. I'm glad you enjoyed our renovated rooms. You will be happy to hear we will be serving upgraded "Super Start" breakfast, as of September 1st, which will include more and healthier choices. I will be more than happy to welcome you back .

Kind regards,
Nadia Golosovskaya

Reviewed 11 July 2012

The rooms were clean and well mantained. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Very close to Universal and the shuttle was a life saver. Very satisfied with the price that I paid. Had new carpet and furnishings.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Cheryl2956
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Judging by the price, i was not really expecting much. The staff was very nice and friendly and the rooms were clean. When we got to the room, the giant picture hanging over the bed was ON the bed. It fell. I bypassed that because it wasnt a big deal. They came to put it back quickly. There was no fridge or microwave like we expected and the shower would barely come on. we had 1 washcloth and there were 5 of us. Not all that impressed. Wont be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I've stayed here more than once and each time have had a pleasant experience. The manager, Nadia, is so helpful and genuinely concerned about the guests. Being greeted by her charming smile when checking in makes it all the better. I've stayed at more expensive hotels in this area that were not as nice as this one. This is definitely the best value on I-Drive.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank hopeful99
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I didn't have a good first impression of the place when there is a separate lobby door for after hours checking with bulletproof glass between you and the front desk. Was charged an extra $2.50 a night that wasn't quoted at time of reservation. When questioned about it i was told it was an extra tax. The room was large but sparsely furnished with no lamps at bedside and furniture that was old. The room was clean with both clean sheets and towels, but with an older and outdated bathroom. The chain lock on the door was missing. Not a good feeling of security. The building seems well maintained and the staff was helpful but I would probably pay a few dollars more the next time and stay at a better place.

Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank kharmannghia
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Paid for this room completely online.. At check in was asked for id and credit card used when booking nite desk agent made a copy of my info for incidental charges which i did not see as odd because hotels usually want a deposit at check in . this is the first and last time that i ever paid my deposit using my credit card instead of cash... Did not want my room cleaned because i don't trust anyone around my personal belonging .The price was great the first room i was at tiolet was stopped up .. so they moved us down the hall to another room.yseterday (4/27/12) i deposited my check and see a new charge from orlando (i stayed from 4/5-4/8/2012) it said USF food orlando ,fl .I am in miami,fl. Called my bank and they say that the credit card info was manually entered at the purchase site on (4/27) told them it ain't me i am in miami..F#$%ing super 8 that is the only place while on my trip that i used the card.. be ware of this hotel overnight agent was a young american kid in his early 20's..USF good thing i caught the little $10 charge, guess he was checking to see if i had money on it before the big purchase... dont stay here.. one bad apple spoils the bunch

Room Tip: don't get any rooms at this motel get another place to stay..