“If it wasn't for the coupon code.....”

Ranked #237 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Boca Raton, Florida
“If it wasn't for the coupon code.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

The pics online look nice, but boy were we disappointed. We got there late one friday night around 11pm. The night shift girl was very nice and tried to be as helpful as possible. I was not impressed with the room but for the fact that I used a coupon code online to book it, I tried not to complain....neither did my wife. We realized we needed more towels and pillows so I went to the front desk and the girl was the only person in he whole place....I had to go to another room to take the stuff I needed...fourtunately the process led my to a better room than where we were staying. Also, the buss for universal doesn't show up until 10:30 am! That whole experiance plus the other people that were staying there made me and my wife a little uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend it....if it wasn't for the coupon code.....

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here hop on the super8 website and find a coupon code like I did..saved 20%
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know when things are not right. I understand how disappointing it can be when your expectations are not met. I certainly appologize for any inconvenience encountered during your stay. You provided a valuable comment regarding the shuttle trasportation- I'm working closely with the president of the company to resolve all shuttle schedule issues.

I'm so sorry I couldn't take care of your problems while your stay, but it is my hope that you give us another chance to serve you. If I can provide any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at 407-313-8888.
Thank you.

Super 8 Orlando International Drive

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed in one of the "upgraded" rooms, which is basically a new coat of paint and upgraded decor. The room was clean and larger than I expected, and the staff is friendly. The motel is close to WetnWild and Universal Studios. We chose to take a cab to Universal instead of driving ourselves. The front desk called the cab service for us and we were on our way within 10 minutes. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay without the frills, this is a good deal.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank tllcjb
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our hotel. A lot of changes have been made and will continually be made to improve guest satisfaction. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Thank you again, and if I can be of assistance to you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

None
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

This does exactly what it's supposed to do and nothing else. If you want cheap accommodation and to be 15min walk from Universal, then this is the place for you. The rooms have been recently renovated and the beds are comfy enough. Internet works in the room perfectly and the TV has all the channels you could need. You are surrounded by different restaurants on Int. Drive so no problems on that side. Negative: The breakfast is terrible and the swimming pool is in the middle of the car park.

To see more reviews and photos go to www.everydaysomewhere.com

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EverydaySomewhere
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to write the review. I'm glad you enjoyed our renovated rooms. You will be happy to hear we will be serving upgraded "Super Start" breakfast, as of September 1st, which will include more and healthier choices. I will be more than happy to welcome you back .

Dayton, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

The rooms were clean and well mantained. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Very close to Universal and the shuttle was a life saver. Very satisfied with the price that I paid. Had new carpet and furnishings.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Cheryl2956
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

Judging by the price, i was not really expecting much. The staff was very nice and friendly and the rooms were clean. When we got to the room, the giant picture hanging over the bed was ON the bed. It fell. I bypassed that because it wasnt a big deal. They came to put it back quickly. There was no fridge or microwave like we expected and the shower would barely come on. we had 1 washcloth and there were 5 of us. Not all that impressed. Wont be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

I've stayed here more than once and each time have had a pleasant experience. The manager, Nadia, is so helpful and genuinely concerned about the guests. Being greeted by her charming smile when checking in makes it all the better. I've stayed at more expensive hotels in this area that were not as nice as this one. This is definitely the best value on I-Drive.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank hopeful99
Naples, Fl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

I didn't have a good first impression of the place when there is a separate lobby door for after hours checking with bulletproof glass between you and the front desk. Was charged an extra $2.50 a night that wasn't quoted at time of reservation. When questioned about it i was told it was an extra tax. The room was large but sparsely furnished with no lamps at bedside and furniture that was old. The room was clean with both clean sheets and towels, but with an older and outdated bathroom. The chain lock on the door was missing. Not a good feeling of security. The building seems well maintained and the staff was helpful but I would probably pay a few dollars more the next time and stay at a better place.

Stayed May 2012