Villas of Grand Cypress
US$101
US$116
US$85
  • Pool
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$287
US$227
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$256
US$211
US$98
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
US$293
US$261
Travelocity
US$521
US$356
1,550 results
All reviewsgolf resortbedroom villaclub suitegolf courses aremark coxhyatt poolnearby hyattbathroom mirrorpitch and puttsister propertythe entire staffhome away from homefull kitchendisney fireworkspaddle boatssitting areashuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I went to this resort for a writer's retreat (so it was business with a dab of pleasure) and I loved it. I stayed in a club suite. Had a roommate so we had double beds (or maybe it was two queens), anyway, the bed was soooooooooo comfortable. I loved the suite. It was very large. It's much larger than a standard hotel room or even most suites. It was one large room, but it was large. The bathroom is a small spa. The tub was amazing and I took two hot soaks just because I couldn't resist. The sitting area was very comfortable and we had a great view of the property from the balcony. There was a lovely fountain which made it very peaceful.

We ordered room service once. It was prompt and the food was good. I dined in The Club a few times. Pricey but yummy. The shuttle service around the property was also very prompt. The staff was nice, pool was well kept and clean. I didn't use the spa. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you're attending a conference you may want to ask for a room that's within walking distance to the conference space.
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on The Villas of Grand Cypress. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, although you were here for a business conference. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future!

Reviewed 26 July 2011

As another reviewer said, they certainly don't care if your room is ready on time. I have 4 kids and they wouldn't even call housekeeping for me. Front desk staff rude. Pool dumpy. This is NOT a 4 star hotel by any means.

• Stayed: July 2011
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on The Villas of Grand Cypress. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you and your children experienced with the delayed check-in. Please call me directly at 407-239-1961 so that we can discuss your concerns further.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

I booked two rooms of this hotel 4 months before our arrival through Hotwire.com. I made a request (twice) that we need these two rooms to be right next to each other, as my parents have special needs and really need our extensive care. However, when we arrived, this request was NOT honored. I asked for other options as we really need to have two rooms right next to each other, but the front desk staffs were NOT very helpful and we ended up having two rooms across the street, one upstairs unit and one down stairs unit. Not very good first impression.

The location of the Hotel was great (close to Disney World), but we would recommend people rent a car if you are planning to stay here and go to Disney World, as relying on the resort shuttle to go to Disney World might not be convenient. The property is really pretty and peaceful, however, the room does show its age, and some small accessories are starting to show some wear and tear. The Hyatt Grand Cypress just went through multi-millions upgrade with its room (e.g. adding iHome ipod speakers), but NOT for the Villas of Grand Cypress. I felt sad that I can't even find a alarm speaker to connect my iPod @ the villas.

The staff did not offer us options for the resort fee ($17 per day per room as of July 2011), which I felt was not really fair as we spent most of the days at Disney World and did NOT use any of the resort facilities (not even their shuttle). That said, the staffs (especially the shuttle drivers) seem to be friendly and nice. One little complain, if you stay in a downstairs unit, you might hear some noises coming down from upstairs tenants, which was not really nice. The upstairs unit (my parents) did not have this issue. But the ceiling fan (air conditioning) in my parent's unit was broken, which kept them really cold for the nights. Also, due to the hot and humid weather, there are a lot of bugs (not in the room, but outside the room in the balcony area, etc.), which for city girls like my wife and daughter didn't really appreciate that.

Overall, a good experience.

1  Thank whchuang

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your stay with us. We are disappointed that your stay was not what you had anticipated. We were very pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed Disney and our close proximity to the theme parks. For the benefit of others, we’d like to add that the resort fee also includes overnight parking, shuttle service around the resort and to the theme parks, access and use of the fitness club, use of the Racquet Club and driving range, high speed internet and Wi-Fi access in the room, just to mention a few more amenities. I would like to speak with you personally regarding your concerns from your stay. Please contact me directly at 407-239-1961.

Reviewed 16 July 2011

This is a very peaceful and beautiful resort. We stayed 2 nights and wish we stayed longer. The pool is wonderful and the villa's are amazing!!! We didnt eat at the clubhouse, but went to the local restaurants instead, they are so close like a mile or 2 away. Our daughter loved going to the Hyatt and playing in there pool which is free with the stay!!! Cant wait to go back in the Spring of 2012

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay went with us! We are so happy to hear that your stay was peaceful and relaxing, and that your daughter enjoyed the pool at the Hyatt. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the resort in the Spring of 2012!

Reviewed 15 July 2011

Housekeeping, room service and the gated security staff were great. Had to wait over an hour for the villa to be ready after check-in time and the front desk staff at check-out appeared uninterested in our stayand how it went.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay with us. We are very disappointed to read that you were inconvenienced at check-in and were not able to get into the room until past check-in time. We strive to provide the highest level of service possible, and do not want any of our guests to feel hindered during their stay with us. It is also very concerning to read that you felt that our Front Desk staff was not concerned as to how your stay with us was. I would like to speak with you personally regarding these issues. Please feel free to contact me directly at 407-239-1961.