“Looking Forward to Our Upcoming Visit!”

Villas of Grand Cypress
Ranked #1 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Villas every year for our anniversary for the past 10 years. The rooms are beautifully appointed and so clean. The staff is so professional, pleasant and welcoming. They are there to assist with any need that may arise. One day during our first stay I did not feel well. The chef made me a special soup and had it delivered it to the room. I felt better in no time! We are not typically breakfast eaters, but we really enjoyed the breakfast at the Villas. I am health conscious and like fruit and oatmeal, which they made to order. We have had our special anniversary dinner in the restaurant and have always been so thrilled with the food and service! John the bellman is the most welcoming, and always seems to remember us.
We were not able to go to the Villas last year and missed it terribly. We are so looking forward to a week of total relaxation by the pool with a good book (and a Mojito!).
See you on September 1st!
Tom and Denise Schaeffer
Manchester, CT

Room Tip: The one bedroom Villa has a beautiful two level patio on the water. We the Villa has a full kitchen...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TDSCHAEFFER
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

We missed you last year, too, Mr. and Mrs. Schaeffer! Every anniversary you spend at the Villas is an anniversary for us of your first stay. September 1st can’t come quickly enough. You bring the good book; we’ll bring the mojito!

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for four four nights this summer. Excellent location - 30 minutes from the airport, and close to all major amusement parks. The best parts were (1) the rooms - we had a one bedroom villa. For avg of $250 per night, we had 1200 square feet with full kitchen, dining room, living room and bedroom. All furniture new (love their sofa bed - very high end) and the place came with washer/dryer as well. Excellent service.

Nice pool too - we were there w another family and spent quite a few happy evenings by the pool. Bikes were available for rental too (free)!!!

Forgot to mention golf - my son and I practiced and played - all rental/practice facilities (including 4 regulation holes) are free. I played 18 for $70 and my son $20. They also had great twightlight rate too.

Definitely going back!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Dcli1969

Those sofa beds are a comfort force to be reckoned with! Gone are the days of thin, sagging mini-mattresses and bars in your back. These sleeper sofas are more comfy than most beds! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on them; what a great travel tip!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I planned a trip to Orlando for my husband's 36th birthday. While searching online, I came across the Villas of Grand Cypress. I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous rooms and golf courses there. I called the resort to book my travel and the agent was very helpful. In the weeks subsequent to our arrival I received several phone calls from the staff to see if there was anything they could do or help with prior to arrival (which was a nice touch). When we arrived I was greeted by my name. The bellman took us to our villa. WOW!!! When we walked in I was blown away. The room was huge and immaculate. He proceeded to show us how to work various items in the villa. Such as the coffee maker, shower, tv...etc. I found a room service card which was really convenient. We ordered our breakfast each night for the following day. The only issue I had was the day of our golf experience. When we arrived for our tee time, I was very disappointed to find they put two other men with us. I honestly booked this trip so my husband and I could have a romantic getaway. I understand why they do that, however it was very uncomfortable to find I would have to golf with two other men (whom I never met before). The funny thing is my husband mentioned it earlier that morning that he wondered if they were going to put us with two other golfers. I told him that they never mentioned it to me and that I doubted it. Well, they did. Needless to say, I chose not to golf and just ride in the cart because I am not comfortable enough golfing with people I do not know (esp. men). Both were delicious. My husband plays to play and keep score...me I just tag along for the experience. I am not one to hold anyone up, so if I were not playing or driving the ball, I would pick it up and take it with me. I didn't feel comfortable doing that with strangers so I just sat with my husband and kept him company. After golfing, we ate Nine 18. I ordered the Roast beef sandwich and my husband had the grilled chicken sandwich. YUM!!! My husband and I also got a couples massage before we left...the women were amazing. They knew how to make us feel comfortable and really helped us relax. My husband and I will definitely go back. There are so many amenities there that we did not experience such as bike rentals and a trip to the pool. I also noticed stables, I am not sure if they are part of the resort but that would definitely been fun.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

How fantastic that you and your husband enjoyed a couple’s massage in your room! A selection from our collection of in-room spa services is the perfect addition to any relaxing getaway. I’m sorry to hear that your golf round was not what you hoped for. While it is general golf course practice to pair up twosomes for a tee time, if for any reason in the future you are not comfortable with some facet of your reservation, please let one of our starters or rangers know, and they will be glad to do all they can to make your round as relaxing and fun for you as possible. We’ll keep 2 bikes ready for you when you return!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The perfect golf getaway in a perfect location. Close enough to Disney but far enough away from the crowds. This was out second time staying and first with kids. The pool is great for kids and adults. The golf is second to none. The price for what you get is a real deal. House keeping staff amazing do basically everything for you. Impossible to complain about grand cypress impossible !!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Wolfpack0861

Well we definitely won’t ask you to do the impossible! I’m so glad you came back again and brought the kids this time. Your next “perfect golf getaway” will be here when you’re ready!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is the best kept secret in Orlando. The are are just magnificent and clean. The beds were what a 5 star hotel should be like. Since hotel is gated you don't get any out siders. Pool was great and was quite. Staff was something special just always asking if they could be of service. I'm hooked on this place.
Also they don't charge parking like most hotels do in Orlando.
Price was just right. I'm coming back for more.
They also offer free shuttle service to Hyatt grand cypress so you can use are there facilities at no extra charge.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Israel H
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

“Hooked” on the Villas is the only way to be! This best kept secret will be here when you are ready for more!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

If you are in the Orlando area and you are looking for a place to relax, enjoy peace and tranquility in a first class environment, the you will love the Villas of Grand Cypress. From the moment, you arrive until the day you leave, the staff makes each guest feel special with the personal service provided by all. I will be returning soon.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms with lake views are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Melvin R

How tremendous that you were made to feel special from the beginning to the very end of your stay at the Villas; that’s our EXACT aim! We’ll have more of that “personal service” waiting for you when you return soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

It's hard to know where to start. This was our first trip to the villas and I hope it won't be the last. We were in three family groups, comprising of three generations of one family - not a golfer among us. However, we chose the villas for their proximity to Disney and what we hoped would be a relaxing and comfortable environment. We weren't wrong. From our first welcome from the wonderful bellman, John, to our final day lunch at The Clubhouse, we enjoyed every minute. The accommodation was great, the location and grounds lovely, and the staff were so attentive - nothing was too much trouble. After a minor issue with allocation of one of our villas on arrival, staff went out of their way to make up for the inconvenience. I won't go into all the details here, but suffice to say that we were won over by their efforts. I wish we visited the U.S.A more often so that we could go back sooner, but we'll just have to be patient till the next time. By the way, we enjoyed the place so much, we even tried golfing! Thanks to all staff for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Studio villas may sleep four but a family with older children may prefer the privacy of a one bedroo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie R

Your family was definitely in good hands with John as a bellperson! I’m so glad our staff did not hesitate to do everything they could to make sure your stay was a true holiday. And well done, giving golf a try! Now that you’re a golfer, you’ll have to come back soon and work on that par!