“Excellent Villas - Great value”

Villas of Grand Cypress
Ranked #1 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excellent Villas - Great value”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

we stayed in a one bedroom villa for 9 nights, I originally looked at various Disney hotels but would have paid £100 - £200 more per night and all we would have had is a room and bathroom. At Villas of Grand Cypress, we had a large living/seating area with large corner sofa and equally large tv, a dining area, a spacious bedroom with very comfortable bed and another large tv and a bathroom with separate walk in shower. Can not fault the villa in terms of space and decor, and the lovely outside patio area. Didnt use the pool or play golf so cant comment on these. There are obvious advantages to staying in a disney hotel but the 10 - 20 minutes drive to Disney for what we ended up with was well worth it. Ive stayed in a number of villas but in terms of of decor, amenities and value this is by far the best, everything is relatively new and up to date. I would definitely stay here again (even if you dont play golf) and thoroughly deserves the No 1 in Orlando status.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim C
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I’m so happy the Villas was a convenient and luxurious option for your vacation to the parks. Having that living room, dining room, patio, and fully equipped kitchen added into your stock of shared space for the family really brings a holiday to the next level, doesn't it? I’m excited for your “definitely” to become a reality!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Arabic first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I cannot express how happy we are that we chose to stay at grand cypress villas:) we had a two bedroom villa with a kitchen and it was very clean. It was our first trip ever for our kids and we were here for Disney world and it was my daughters birthday and they went above and beyond thank you so much Devan for your detailed touches it brought so much happiness to our little girl and also the housekeeping staff they are amazing as well!! We went to the Hyatt because your able to use their pool and we wanted to check it out and we ended up leaving fast and coming back and using the Grand cypresses pool right from the entrance we had super friendly guy offer us water he brought us towels and even some noodles for our little ones and at the Hyatt they said we had no noodles and if we wanted a pool tube for my 5 year we had to buy it from them no thanks.. The Grand Cypress's pool was also heated and the other one was not or at least didn't feel like it . At cypress villas I loved how accommodating everyone was and genuinely friendly I was so sad to leave. We will be back here as we have now found our home away from home!!!! You won't regret staying here:) The Ramirez Family

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Ellegian
I know Devan was so excited as she set up the surprise for your daughter’s birthday, and I’m so glad it made her feel special. It’s wonderful to hear that our pool bar team made you feel so welcome and relaxed. Come back soon, Ramirez Family!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have been traveling with a large group of golfers all over the country for 23 years and this was by far the nicest venue we have attended. The accommodations were so nice that I could make the Villas a permanent residence. I had all the creature comforts of home. My group will be back next year.

Room Tip: I stayed in a 3 bedroom villa with 2 other gentlemen and found it to be very comfortable. Can easil...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bmonwy2014
The nicest golf venue you and your group have encountered in 23 years of golfing? We like the sound of that! See you next year!
Miami
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is one outstanding golf resort. The New Course, which copies the Old Course at St. Andrews, is an experience. The other three inn hole courses are spectacular, too. All are immaculately maintained.

I have been going out there for twenty years. We stay in the one bedroom villas. I had lamented that the villas had become dated and in need of renovation. The manager, Mark Cox, must have listened. The entire place has been renovated.

The new renovated villas are spectacular. Big LED TV's, new kitchens, bathrooms, everything redone. So tastefully done. I took pictures during my recent trip and my wife, who never travels with me when I'm go there (she doesn't play golf), told me that she wants to stay there ow.

The resort is an absolute oasis. It is just down the street from the Hyatt Grand Cypress, it's related property. The Hyatt has 1500 rooms and massive acreage. I prefer the Villas since I play golf and enjoy the privacy and more intimate size of the Villa golf property. The main hotel has a huge pool that kids will love. The Villas have a smaller pool area that is much more private. All of the Villas are within a three minute walk to the pool and the adjacent new gym.

I typically travel out there with golf buddies and we will have a meal at the seafood restaurant at the main hotel. The Villas also has an excellent casual restaurant and I have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner there. Very good.

The level of service is outstanding. The staff has been there a long time and they recognize me when I return for a another golf weekend. The manager, Mark Cox, has been there as long as I have been coming there. He is a true professional and a gentleman.

I am planning on returning there for a long weekend this summer and in the years to come. This place is just perfect now.

Go there and experience it.

Room Tip: They often have golf packages. Also, the Academy of Golf, which is run by Fred Griffin, a top instru...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Arrowleaf
As a valued repeat guest for twenty years now, I am so pleased that you enjoyed the renovated rooms with your golf buddies. Have your wife give us a call and we’ll help her set up some spa services and shopping excursions so she can experience the luxury of the Villas when she accompanies you on one of your trips. We’ll see you soon when you check in for your long summer weekend!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Came here for a brief weekend trip with my boyfriend, AngryBirdRed (another fellow TA reviewer) and it was our 2nd time back here together. We arrived super late but we had a wonderful room set up already for us in Court 4, Rm 4022. The bellman told us about the updates and such, super nice of him.

Service: Fantastic! Never had a problem with anyone. Everyone was super friendly, nice, and respectful. I even actually got a call from concierge about a week prior to arrival and was asked if I needed anything. No other hotel has EVER done that. Kudos! I did actually call back and asked about an empty fridge and we were granted just that. We were waiting for our Mears shuttle to pick us up from the airport, they were late by like 10-20 mins and Wes at the reception desk called Mears to find out what was going on! Never had a hotel do that for us.

Room: Completely renovated and looks amazing! The hot water isn’t as hot as I would like but otherwise room was clean and so nice that I was sad to go home!! There were also a lot of flies and saw an ant or two but otherwise, nothing else. We had a view of the water and the golfing greens. And the room is spacious.

If you ever wanted a free shuttle to the Outlets or the parks, just let concierge know and they will tell you the times and such.

We may come back in the future!

Room Tip: Any room is fine. If you want to be close to pool, I suggest Court 4.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bubblingtruth
It’s fantastic to read that the service you received with us was so, as you say, “fantastic!” I’m glad our concierge, front desk, and bellstand teams were able to pamper you like they did. The team will be ready for you on your next trip to the Sunshine State!
Reviewed 8 May 2014

First class!!! From pulling into the Office to check in to driving out of the guard gates back to the airport, you are going to feel like you are in a first class Resort the whole stay. Rooms are top of the line only to be exceeded by the service the staff provides you. The villa staff, the pro shop staff , and the club house staff are first rate you should be proud of the job you are doing! This is the place to stay if you are a golfer and respect great service!! My hat is off to you!!! Perry S

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Perry S
I’m honored by the tipping of your hat to our team’s service, Perry! We will be here with more “first class,” “top of the line,” and “first rate” when you make your next golf trip to Orlando.
KNUTSFORD
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I took my family on our annual 'parasite' holiday to Orlando from April 7 until April 18 2014 - there were 12 of us in total. I originally booked three rooms at one of the Universal Hotels but about a month before going I took another look at the hotel and noticed that it's trip advisor ratings had moved downwards. I started to look again and came across the Villas of Grand Cypress which was and still is rated number 1 in Orlando. On checking the price for the week it was only a few hundred pounds more to take a 4 bedroom villa at Grand Cypress and to invite my daughter, granddaughter and other son who were not coming originally.
I was not disappointed - the villa was beautiful having recently had a renovation. All bedrooms had their own bathroom with shower and bath and were beautifully furnished. Kitchen was small in comparison to the rest of the villa (around 3000 sq feet) but it did the job and it meant we did not have to try to get 12 people ready to go out for breakfast each day plus it saved a lot of money on breakfast plus laundry costs.
The villa is on a very nice golf course and being a resident we got a great deal - $79 for a round plus buggy plus club rental.
The property is only 10 minutes from Disney and 20 minutes from Universal and they run a shuttle service to their sister hotel the Grand Hyatt where you can pick up a bus to the resorts there and back for free.
The staff were very friendly at the resort particularly around the pool area and the concierge was very helpfful.
It was great all being together, although it was a little bit like the movie 'Home Alone' at times with 12 of us but it is a great alternative to a hotel especially for a larger party like ours. If I went back again I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: As I booked late I took what they had. I think it would be best to ask at reservations what rooms th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GRAHAM M
It’s so special to have the whole family under one roof like in our Four-Bedroom Villas, even if it is reminiscent of “Home Alone” at times. The use of a kitchen during a lengthy holiday like yours is a total game changer when it comes to convenience and comfort, isn’t it? I hope your whole clan finds its way back to the Villas next year!