“Perfect relaxation”

Villas of Grand Cypress
Ranked #1 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just returned from a 5 night stay....I found it impossible to fault, with luxury villas and the most wonderful staff. I'd mentioned we were celebrating our wedding anniversary when I booked and they had provided a bottle of wine and strawberries dipped in chocolate - just perfect.
The villa was spacious with a state of the art bathroom and lovely toiletries. The bed was very comfortable and our private terrace overlooked the lake and golf course - wonderful to sit and enjoy the bird life and dramatic weather. Even when it was stormy we were happy to relax inside.
The staff are so attentive and nothing is too much trouble - they constantly ask if they can help and take a special pride in working in such a beautiful place. We booked a deal which included breakfast which was wonderful and we were able to relax on the terrace for ages with no sense of urgency. There are shuttles available 24 hours a day to the Hyatt Grand Cypress where it's possible to join shuttles to the parks and outlet mall so although a car is useful, it's not essential.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a terrace and view so you can't go wrong, really
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

You’ve just mentioned one of my favorite things to do at the Villas—“relax on the terrace for ages with no sense of urgency.” It’s like renting a private island, but one that is a stone’s throw from some of the world’s largest attractions! Happy anniversary once more to you both!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,519)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Trip Advisor has never failed me. I found this little hidden hotel by reading reviews on trip advisor. Thank Goodness we decided to come here. It was everything we needed. It felt like home away from home. The rooms are spacious. It is quiet. We never heard a neighbor. We all slept soundly. The rooms were clean. The sheets were white. My only complaint is that many of the white towels were starting to look dingy (not so white). The entire hotel has been upgraded. With such a beautiful place, all towels should reflect the same cleanliness. Other than that, we had a glorious view from our balcony. We WILL be back. Thanks so much for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Amymayme

I’m so delighted that we were “everything” you needed during your time in Orlando! I apologize that there were issues with your toiletries; I have shared your thoughts with our housekeeping department so that we might ensure only the height of luxury in all our accommodations’ appointments. We will have another glorious view ready for you when it’s time to return!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I went to Orlando from June 4th to the 10th and had booked this hotel for the first 3 days. The resort is amazing and the staff is just impeccible. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and they truly are happy at what they do. The rooms are amazing, TV in the mirror, clean, bed is so comfortable, and i cannot say enough. The pool staff (Sonia and Jon) are just AMAZING and sooooo friendly! We ended up going to the other hotel after this and two days in cancelled the rest of the time there and went BACK to the villas as we missed it so much! The pool is fantastic and was just a slice of heaven. I highly recommend this location to anyone! Its an amazing spot and everything and everyone there are great! We can't wait to go back again some day!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great so you wont regret it! we stay in court 5 and it was the perfect spot!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank stephers11

It’s a good thing you came back, because we missed you, too! And I agree with you; John and Sonia fit so well outside at the pool because they are both like two rays of sunshine! I hope that “some day” becomes some day soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Villas of Grand Cypress begin of June and it was a very relaxing and wonderful stay. The place is just amazing with the resort located in the middle of a huge park with 3 Golf courses but still very close than DisneyWorld. Due to the configuration of the resort it's very quiet and it was a long time ago that we were in a place where you can just hear ........ nothing.
Room was big, modern and beautiful with all necessary comfort. Was perfectly clean and in a perfect shape.
We used room services 2 times and it was a good quality-price ratio. Breakfast at the Country club was nice and quality was great. Pancakes are just a killer.
All people were nice and ready to help.
Definitively a place where we will go back when we need to relax or want to enjoy Orlando's parks

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pierre D
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Do you hear that sound? It’s relaxation! And with killer pancakes and proximity to the parks without the endemic craziness, how can you have anything but a “wonderful stay”? I look forward to that definite return trip you mentioned.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Third time staying at Villas of Grand Cypress, just keeps getting better. Great golf, pool and food. Villas are outstanding. Staff are excellent seems the only answer is yes. Can't wait to go back.One of the few resorts where the food and staff match the outstanding villas.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the 2bed/2bath, lots of room and a full kitchen.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Patrick B

We can’t wait for you to go back, either! The goal is to have a staff and dining options that are equally as impressive as our dreamlike rooms. I’m over-the-moon that we met that goal during your stay!

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I have rarely used the word PERFECTION to describe anything--- From reception to departure this resort is an oasis of tranquility with excellent service, luxurious breathtaking accommodations, attention to detail, and sincere caring for the guest.

The villas are gorgeous with state of the art furnishings ( adjustable shutters on all doors and windows for that Key West island feel) and a luxurious bathroom- a fireplace for those romantic evenings and views of the lush foliage and golf course ( some with water views) , grounds meticulously maintained, and a tropical pool with a waterfall spa and separate second whirlpool. Even the pool staff exceeded my expectations with frozen grapes and unending ice water brought to my chaise on those hot afternoons!

Everyone waves and smiles ( even the security gate attendant when they clear you for entry--- great gated resort). The clubhouse restaurant Nine Eighteen has wonderfully prepared food that is better then Hemingway's at the sister property!

This is a true haven of tranquil excellence, yet, the mouse and the whale are minutes away and the resort offers many packages ( priced for value for the guest) for local attractions.

On a personal note-- Kevin and Garreth ( evening and day shift lead bellman slash resort ambassadors) are true " go to people" who often unobtrusively checked in to make sure all was well. Overseeing the crew is front desk manager Jeffrey who was ever so kind even when I was a curmudgeon after a long flight and me having a grumpy attitude--- Jeffrey is a kind hearted and genteel hotelier-- who leads through his own gracious character of caring! I cannot wait to come back--- I am, in about a month for a lengthy stay- KNOWING that I will have the finest accommodations and BEST caring service that I have experienced anywhere in the world! Florida in the summertime? You bet-- those frozen grapes cool you off just fine! Thank you for treating me like family!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EpicuriousTourist

Welcome to the Grand Cypress family! How fortuitous that your travels brought you to the Villas. Kevin, Gareth, and Jeffrey will be here to welcome you back soon! We’ll have some frozen grapes waiting for you.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough wonderful things about this jewel of place to stay while visiting Orlando.. my only regret was that we only stayed one night. The pictures on the website dont do this place any justice. It is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. And the BEST part of it all is the top notch personal customer service they offer from beginning to end. My ladies club which consisted of 16 was treated like royal princesses. Kimberly in Concierge.....is the Diamond of the Villas of Grand Cypress. I can't even name all the personal things she did for my group.....going above and beyond never missing a single detail....she made me feel like it was her privilege to accommodate us in any way she could. The ladies and I are still talking about Kim and the Villas and rest assured when ever we are in the area we will always stay there. It is better than a home away from home. Five stars is not enough for this place. Thank Kimberly and the rest of the Villas of Grand Cypress Family.
Shonna & Ladies of RSD

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Nitelife26

I know Kim enjoyed helping out with your fun one-nighter with us. I’m thrilled to be your home when you’re in the area. Bring back the Ladies of RSD soon!