“Amazing”

Villas of Grand Cypress
Ranked #1 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had an amazing experience
We could fish, play golf and relax, everything we expected from our vacations. The service was outstanding. We are specially grateful with Mr Wes who attended all of our requests. We definetly want to return.

• Stayed: July 2014
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Golfing, fishing, and relaxing: three things we’re very used to doing here at the Villas. We definitely want you to return, too!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,530)

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We have just spent two week here with a party of 9

Pro - location is great, villa pool is not busy and you can use facilities at grand Hyatt, villas good size and great bathrooms and full kitchens, nice to have peace and quiet after busy day at parks. Cafés on site and golf is good

Con - air conditioning in the larger villas was not consistent so some rooms cold others warm, standard of cleaning and clearing could be improved in villas and grounds. We had a couple of incidents where they dropped the ball service wise but it was sorted, however for a resort of this standard they shouldn't have happened. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and if they addressed a couple of areas I would give them an excellent

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank janesmithhk

How wonderful that the location of the Villas was so convenient for your trip itinerary! I’m glad to hear that our team was able to sort out any issues that occurred during your stay. I’m sorry to read that there were air conditioning issues with your accommodations; I’d like to have our engineering department take a look at the unit you stayed in to make sure we are providing the peak of luxury to every guest. If you wouldn’t mind giving me a phone call at 407-239-1947 to provide me with your unit and any other information, I would love to hear from you.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I are so looking forward to our upcoming annual anniversary respite at the Villas of Grand Cypress.
Our expectations have always been met and exceeded at the Villas. We have been enjoying the wonderful lodging and the fantastic staff for years and cannot wait to slip into the pool with a cocktail.
See you soon!
Tom and Denise Schaeffer

Room Tip: The one bedroom villas is amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We enjoyed having you last year and we cannot wait to enjoy having you at the Villas again this year, Mr. and Mrs. Schaeffer! And don’t forget a good book to read with that cocktail by the pool!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Another Birthday spent at Villas of Grand Cypress. Even though I am a year older I'm still
having great fun at Grand Cypress. My husband and I love playing their golf courses and tried to get in 36 holes each day depending on the rain pattern.
After golf, we enjoy having a drink at the bar in the grill, where the bartenders are very knowledgable..

There has been a birthday surprise for me every year in our one bedroom villa which is the best.
Thank you Joe, Concierge, housekeeping staff, which is top notch, morning servers at breakfast
who can't be beat, Thomas in the golf shop and especially Jeff Yost, who always goes out of his way to make our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: The one bedroom villas are superb, but that being said, the club rooms are also great. There is not...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy L

I’m so glad you continue to spend your birthdays with us here at the Villas. I hope they are as special for you as they are for us! See you next year!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I book hotels and such based on reviews I read here on Tripadvisor, so I expected good things here. however, this place exceeded my expectations. First of all, I mentioned in my comments at booking that my daughter was celebrating her 18th birthday the day of our arrival. a couple of weeks before our arrival, Kim the concierge called me to get ideas for my daughter. When we arrived at our villa, we saw the dining room table was covered in pink, with a huge and gorgeous bouquet of flowers, a large personalized birthday cake complete with candles in the shape of "18", and an arrange ment of Mylar and latex balloons. My daughter was very pleased, the cake was delicious, and the flowers stayed fresh for a very long time. Kim definitely scored a home run!

Our villa was very clean, spacious, beautifully appointed. definitely a home away from home. our villa backed up to the lake, and even when it rained, it was beautiful. Lots of outdoor seating on the deck, and patios off the dining room, and master suite. We cooked meals, used room service ,and ate at restaurants on site. Cannot rave enough about the food, we were quite pleased with everything we had. Housekeeping staff kept everything clean and fresh. I would only suggest that the villas be stocked with pot holders, and dish towels.

This is a great alternative to staying at the amusement park hotels. Once you leave the parks, and enter the Villas of Grand Cypress properties, it's like a different vacation. You don't even realize the parks are practically your neighbors here, the environment is so lush, serene, and beautiful. Excellent golfing facilities, to accommodate all levels of golfers. Enjoyed the workout room, the equipment was enough to get a good workout. All staff was kind, courteous, and wanted our stay to be a great one. It was.We are definitely returning. We have stayed at many properties in Orlando though the years, and this one is by far the total package, definitely the best.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela C

That we exceeded your expectations is a delight to read! Kim is already ready for the next shindig, so make sure you come back soon; you know where the party is at!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

These villas offer the flexibility of comfort and convenience for both business travel and personal leisure. If I could package this room and put it in Tampa, I could live in it as a permanent resident.

Room Tip: If you are on an extended trip with family or a group of golfers, I suggest getting the two, three o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We would love to have you as a permanent resident, too! We’ll be your “home away from home” in Orlando for years to come.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Villas of the Grand Cypress is an impressive property with first class service from the entire staff. Everyone was very courteous towards us the entire visit. The rooms are clean and spacious and quiet. A great place to go for a special occasion!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrseven21
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Making special occasions EXTRA special is one of our favorite things to do at the Villas! Thank you for celebrating your special day with us; HAPPY BIRTHDAY!