We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa at the Grand Cypress over the holidays and spent a few days at Disney and a few on the golf course. Overall, we'd stay at the Grand Cypress again as the rooms were spacious, the living/dining rooms were good places to spend time with the kids and the full kitchen and laundry in each villa were key. The clubhouse/golf courses were excellent, but there are no gyms or spas onsite (they have in-room services or you can go to the Hyatt) and the pool isn't great (much better at the hyatt but again, you need to take the shuttle). In my view, this resort is NOT up to the standards of most Amex Platinum hotels and service was a bit inconsistent.
1. Location: A calm, quiet resort away from the hustle and bustle of Disney but very close to parks (10-15 min drive).
2. Spacious villas: Our 3 BR villa had a large living room with wet bar area, working brick fireplace, patio/"backyard" overlooking the lake, full size dining room w/8 chairs, 3 nice-sized bedrooms with bath, and a full kitchen w/dishwasher, microwave, range, etc. as well as a washer/dryer.
3. Good value: Compared to comparable hotels on Disney properties, this was a MUCH better value for the space and amenities. A full breakfast was also included in our rate through Amex FH&R.
4. Clubhouse: Breakfast food was pretty good, though service was slow and inconsistent at times.
1. Upgrade/renovation: The villas need it. The furniture, carpet, etc were clean and well maintained, but they look like they would have been "modern" 10-15 years ago. We were definitely not impressed by the brown tile bathrooms with brown tubs and gold hardware (again, clean), bad lighting in the bathrooms (florescent bulbs), decent but not great linens, etc.
2. Saw a cockroach scurry by in the kitchen. We were on the ground floor, but still ...
3. Our key cards kept getting scrambled/de-magnetized so we were left standing in front of our villa late in the evening while one of us drove to the registration building to get new keys. And yes, we kept them away from cell phones and credit cards.
4. The shuttles to Disney run pretty infrequently and on a schedule -- we ended up driving rental cars there.
5. The $18/day/room resort charge is annoying. I'm happy paying it for the services, but it should just be bundled into the room rate!!!
1. Generally, customer service was good (esp. the concierge and bellmen, front desk was ok and restaurant was inconsistent).
2. The shuttles arrived promptly (within 5-10 minutes) when called, but it's still a bit of a pain to drive 15-20 min to the Hyatt to have access to a fitness center, spa services, a good pool for the kids, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its appealing atmosphere of seclusion and easy proximity to entertainment attractions across central Florida, the Villas of Grand Cypress is the go-to destination for business and leisure travelers in Orlando. Located adjacent to Walt Disney World yet seemingly a world away, the 1,500-acre resort features 146 luxury villas, world-class amenities, ample meeting space, and engaging activities including 45 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature-designed golf, the renowned Grand Cypress Academy of Golf, and complimentary bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Preferred Hotels, TravelUp, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Villas of Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas Of Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Of Grand Cypress
- Of Grand Cypress Orlando
- Villas Grand Cypress
- Villas Of Grand Cypress Orlando, Florida