“I only stay here because it's close to work.”

Travelodge Orlando Downtown Centroplex
Ranked #309 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 18 February 2010

I've been staying here on and off for 8 months on business. One desk clerk can be rude; the rest of the help are really nice people. The place is kind of run down. They don't serve breakfast, but I'd be scared to eat it if they did. It's cheap for its location.

It is an excellent location- a few blocks from all the nightlife, the offices and beautiful Lake Eola park. They have free parking, and I can walk to the office in 5 minutes. Concrete walls, so when someone slams a door it echoes through the whole place. Internet service isn't too bad depending on where your room is located.

I wouldn't recommend this place to a vacationer, but for a heavy sleeper who just needs a cheap, convenient place to shower and sleep before going back to work the next day- it works well.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank wjbarricklow

Reviewed 29 September 2009

The front staff were exceptional. true customer service!! sure, it is older and the plumbing fixtures are rusty, but for the price, you can not beat it! it was clean enough, and the beds were great! After reading reviews on here, I was terrified and almost canceled our reservation. I am glad I did not. My sisters and I were all pleasantly surprised and definitely satisfied with the room/conditions. Convenient to the Amway Arena, and nice shops/diners.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Good location, easy to find, and cheap.

Walk less than 5 minutes for citybus and downtown-free-shuttle, and take less than 5 minutes to central station. If you go to bar or club in downtown(ie: church street), around 10~15 minutes walking. There have a subway and some pizza restaurants near church street, and closed very late.

In room, there do not have any refreigator inside your room, but there have a box for you to get some ice (free), the room is small, but if you just sleep overthere, it will be OK, the bed is comfortable. The bathroom is old, the towel is old and I dont think it is clean and I have not used it, because I have brought my own stuff. Outside my room is parking lot, so a bit of noicy, but acceptable.

There got ice, microwave, snack machine and coffee(in the morning) in the common area, very low signal for free WiFi.

There have swimming pool, but dont think of it, extremely small, and the view is the main street & parking lot.

If you go to watch NBA match, I would strongly suggest you to stay in travelodge, becasue it is very near to stop of free downtown shuttle.

If you are smart traveler, you will probably choose this, becasue it is around $40 per night during March, and it is very convenience if you need to go somewhere through central bus station. But of cause, dont expect the hotel is extremely good, if you just look for a place to sleep, then will be fine, for others' purpose, maybe not OK.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank DD_leisure
Reviewed 28 November 2008

I've been to many places and I usually book hotels of the same category of this one, being satisfied. But this time... it was a big disappointment! First thing you see when you arrive are the words "all new rooms" below the hotel name. Well, maybe rooms were renovated even if they didn't look so, but bathrooms and balconies are not. My bathroom was definitely old, with dirt walls and a shower that I had doubts whether to use or not. Luckily I had a big towel with me, because those I was given there were washed but full of dark marks and of lipstick... I didn't feel fine using them at all. Room was ok, but not particularely cleaned and it was possible to listen to people talking in the other rooms. There was a balcony, with broken wood all around. Position was ok for me, I needed to be near the bus station. This is the only positive thing, for sure I won't go there anymore and I won't suggest it. So far, it's the worst hotel where I've ever been and I usually go to simple and cheap places.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2008

This place is in a very central location. Close to the main bus station and all the restaurants and shops in Orlando Downtown

There is free WiFi internet

The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 10 June 2008

They are remodeling, so the site itself was beautiful.

Although it's in downtown, I appreciate the fact that all the front desk staff were friendly.

The one thing about Downtown Orlando, though, is that most of the stores close Friday-Sunday. So, be careful if you are booking this hotel over the weekend.

Relatively close to Thornton Park, which will take you to a trendy area at Central Blvd and Mills Ave. If you are there on Sunday, there is a ritzy version of Farmer's Market at the park.

There is a cute-diner next door. Kinko's 3 blocks away. It's actually hard to get lunch/dinner than breakfast...

And there is no laundry facility, so make sure you bring enough clothes.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2008

I booked this hotel with a little trepidation: the reviews were uniformly horrible. While I figure every hotel is going to get one "worst hotel ever" complain from an angry customer, this had lots.

Except for the last one. Nervously I booked. In fact, I told that to the manager on duty, and he replied that they were aware that the hotel had earned a negative reputation and they were working to fix that.

When I got there I was surprised!

The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful in every interaction I had with them. They were knowledgeable about the likely traffic conditions I would be facing, which was almost as helpful as anything else they could have done.

The whole hotel looks to have been recently remodeled. Of course, it is an older building, so the parking lot is small, though sufficient. The bathroom was a little small, but, again, sufficient. Tall guests may want to check the shower first--I'm 5'8" and it felt cramped to me.

Otherwise, everything was great. The bed was comfortable, which doesn't happen nearly often enough in budget hotels. The air conditioning worked well enough to beat the late May heat. The wireless internet worked. They even had a security guard on duty at night.

All this and it was walking distance to downtown Orlando. If you are on a budget and need or want to be near downtown, check out this place.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business