“Beautiful Hotel, Average Service, Weak Internet”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #210 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
NYC
“Beautiful Hotel, Average Service, Weak Internet”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in March 2012 for a conference I was attending. I have stayed in this hotel several times before for related meetings. The property is beautiful and check-in was efficient...room is beautiful and bed is extremely comfortable. However, the internet service in my first room was so weak that I needed a room change (this is where things got very confusing). At this point my luggage still had not arrived and I was told I had to request it once I was in the room for "security reasons" (this is exactly opposite what the bellman told me ...that it would be sent right up. That was eventually sorted out thanks to a manager named Marcus.

Great location right across from Downtown Disney. "Resort fee" of 16.95 per night is a bit steep and not in line with surrounding properties..the cafeteria is extremely expensive (I honestly think some items were cheaper at the Contemporary in Disney where I was just prior).

Overall, a gorgeous hotel with confusing bell service and weak internet. If I was traveling for pleasure I would not have minded so much..but I was on business and the issues were distracting.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Red_Dolphin-Media
Jeremy H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Red_Dolphin-Media, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I would like to thank you for the feedback regarding the internet and luggage issues. I can assure you that I will be addressing this with my team to ensure this issue is corrected. Should your travels bring you to Orlando again, we would love the chance to welcome you back and to provide you the experience that you expected and that we consistently provide.

Warm Wishes,
Jeremy Hecht

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (993)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I used TripAdvisor to help make a decision on where to stay for my most recent trip to Disneyworld so I figured I should help others out and write a review. (march 6-13, 2012)
This resort is considered on property but not a Disney Resort. It is directly across the street from Downtown Disney where there are shops, restaraunts and nightlife. We walked there it was so close!
The hotel itself was great. Very nicely done inside and the staff was friendly. We flew the red-eye flight and arrived at 7am so I had requested early check-in and our room was ready. Thank god, cause we needed a nap!
The only negative thing I have to say about the place is that it smelled funny. Although there was a fresh smell upon arrival it was lmost like a mildew smell as an after smell. Like something had been wet and then they never fully fixed it. We stayed for 8 full days and had a great stay otherwise.
The beds are pretty comfortable for hotel beds. This is one thing I was worried about when I booked. Some people said most comfortable beds they had slept in, others said they were the worst. We thought they were great. They give you three different size pillows to choose from as well so that is nice. Down comfortors and pillows.
We paid a little extra for the view and it was definitely worth it. We were on the 24th floor overlooking the pool and downtown disney, it was amazing!
I believe the drinks in the lobby bar are pretty overpriced but thats nothing new for lobby bars in hotels.
We had a rental car and the hotel was in a great vicinity to all parks. (10-16 minutes) Although there was bus transportation from the hotel to all parks, you never know how many other hotels they will stop at or if the bus will be full when they come to this hotel. We rented from Alamo and they have a location in the hotel so it was VERY convenient. They have a drop box for after hours drop offs and you just park the car in one of the stalls in the parking lot at the hotel. It was perfect!
Great location as well for offsite stuff. There is a strip mall with TONS of restaruants and a grocery store about two minutes away if you are driving. We stocked up on breakfast food and lunch food at the grocery store and ate out for dinner.
Overall great stay and would definitely recommend to anyone who is going to Disney parks!

Room Tip: The higher up the better, get one with water view of Downtown Disney
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Excellent service throughout the hotel. Everywhere you turned, the staff was asking if they could help and were all very happy. The rooms were really comfortable and had a great little balcony that my wife and I could sit and enjoy the sunset over a drink. An excellent location, within a short walk to downtown disney and free bus service to any of the disney parks. My only complaints were the food quality at WaterCress Cafe left a little to be desired (biscuits were very heavy and gravy was soupy), our bathroom had an issue with water coming out of the shower, and the walls were a little thin so you could hear people getting out of their rooms and talking in the hallway (it only bothered us a few times in the early morning when families were getting up early to go to the disney parks). Other than that, a great stay and would come back again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paul7atc
Jeremy H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Dear paul7atc, Thank you for taking the time to post your review and to share the memories of your recent stay - it was a pleasure to have you stay with us! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay but wanted to apologize for the food in the WaterCress and issues with the shower and noise. Once again world t thank you for your post and hope to welcome you back soon.
Warm Wishes
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My wife and I had reservations for a three day weekend (March 17-19 2012) with our daughter and grandson (5 year old) so I am doing this review while all of the details are still clear in my head. The property is gorgeous and has all of the bells and whistles any family could want. Our stay, for the most part, was very pleasant. But we did experience a few things that prevent us from giving a five star rating. Given the number of other hotels in that area, we will not stay here again.

Minor Complaint #1: We had reservations for a suite with 2 Queen beds but were brought to a suite with 1 Queen and a sofa bed. Management tried to correct the problem that night and brought up a roller bed that was very noisy and uncomfortable. The next day they moved us into the correct suite.

Major Complaint #2: Valet Service. We planned on leaving our vehicle in valet since the bus service takes us to the theme parks and since Downtown Disney is across the street. We locked up our vehicle and left it in valet all weekend. When it was time to leave, we checked out of valet, loaded up our vehicle late that night and drove home to South Florida. The next day when we were cleaning out the van we noticed many electronic gadgets missing. Our Garman GPS was gone. My iPod was gone. Our grandsons video player was gone. No wonder the valet was smiling ear to ear.

Minor Complaint #3: Our door cards kept failing to open our room door. For whatever reason our cards required reprogramming three times over the weekend. We've stayed at many hotels and never had this happen before. It was very inconvenient to keep going down to the front desk to get our cards reprogrammed.

Maybe I am being unfair with my review but I do not like thieves. Any valet that must steal as a part of his job is doing a disservice to the other honest valets.

2 Thank bubbie1964
Jeremy H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear bubbie1964, Thank you for taking the time to write your constructive review. I am genuinely sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay and that you have left with less than positive memories of your time here. I have passed your comments on to our Valet team for immediate review. Once again thank you for giving us the gift of feedback and we hope that we can have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Warm Wishes,
Beachburg, Ontario
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My wife and I spent 5 nights at this Palace and were very sad to leave. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the spa staff. Our room was spacious, spotless and the bed very comfortable. The best thing about this hotel is its location, a short walk to Downtown Disney. We will definitely stay at this Palace again when in Orlando.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank POPPA1
Thank you for your wonderful review - it was a pleasure to read! I will be sure to share your comments with our team as it is always gratifying to learn we have been able to deliver a warm and welcoming experience. Thank you again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again one day soon to create more wonderful memories!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This hotel is in a great location, right near downtown Disney. The rooms and common interior areas have all been redone and are quite nice. There is a free shuttle right at the resort to take you to the theme parks. It is extremely convenient. However, the pool area is very dated and the pool was extremely cold. Even on a warm March day you could not go in unless you were a youngster oblivious to the temperature. Also, the pool snack bar had few options. The women's bathroom across from the spa needed to be cleaned and was lacking in toilet paper. Although this hotel is not my first choice in the area (the Hilton is better), it is a good value with a great location so I would probably stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, lake view room.
1 Thank nibblerbee
Thank you for taking the time to write the review, we value all feedback from our guests, as this is the only way to ensure we continually improve our product and service.
I would like to assure you that I do read all reviews and share any comments posted with the associates in the relevant department. I was very concerned to read your comments about the pool and restrooms. I do sincerely apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced and would like to thank you for letting us know. If your travel plans bring you back to Orlando, I hope that you give the Buena Vista Palace the opportunity to make your next stay a memorable one for all the right reasons.
Cheers!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is our 2nd time staying at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa. LOVED it!!. The room was small for 4, but we managed and being at the parks all day was our focus anyway. The staff was friendly and helpful and amenities great. Food prices are ridiculous, but that seems to be the order of the day in the hotels located in Orlando. The price we paid was a FL resident discount and 1/5th the price of the Disney hotel we wanted to stay at. Being located within walking distance to Downtown Disney helps for the after hours activity. Will be back again

Room Tip: pay for the upgrade of a Disney Fireworks view. Worth it!!!
1 Thank PCBLover88
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and to once again share the memories of your recent stay - it was a pleasure to have you stay with us again. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team and thank them for once again delivering the warm and friendly service that our guests have come to rely upon year after year.
Once again world t thank you for your post and hope to welcome you back soon.
Warm Wishes
Jeremy Hecht
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Windsor Palms Resort
#9 of 59 in Kissimmee
Terra Verde Resort
#11 of 59 in Kissimmee
Regal Palms Resort & Spa
#2 of 13 in Davenport

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!