“Great location and services”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #206 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Was at Buena Vista for a conference. Very handy hotel, across street from Downtown Disney. Great staff and service, great work at conference support. Staff addressed any issues they have. Good variety in lobby bar, sports bar and restaurant, Disney store in lowest level and pool bar.

2  Thank Tripper024
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! We always appreciate feedback because it helps us improve our services. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Buena Vista Palace is situated right next door to Disney Village. Even Americans will confirm that this is walking distance. A great plus. The hotel itself is again one of those huge buildings where rooms are nice big. The hotel offers facilities like a pool, shops, spa, gamesroom (some of the amenities cost extra). Staff is friendly. Sadly again, like in most American hotels, breakfast is not included. It is possible to buy some small breakfast stuff on the ground floor, but best is to take your own breakfast along. Probably there is a breakfast buffet somewhere in the hotel but we did not go for that option. If you are destined for Disney this hotel offers a great location. If you want THE Disney experience with all kinds of Donalds and Mickeys jumping around you should go for official Disney hotels. If you are stuffed with Disney figures after a full day in the parcs and you want to arrive in your hotel after a short drive where you are not constantly reminded of "it's a small world after all" this hotel could be the one for you. Especially if you want to drop down to the Disney village in the evening and watch some lego statues, eat some hotdogs or have a beer in an Irish pub or a biker bar.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Arlo P
OrlandoInterested, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property. We appreciate the feedback and are thrilled you enjoyed your visit with us. Your review was right on! We are an older hotel, but our rooms are a little bit bigger than standard rooms and our location is like no other in the area. Our views are fabulous and we are just a walk away from Downtown Disney.

Thank you again for writing a review. We are pleased you chose to stay with us and hope you can come back to visit again.

Kind Regards,
Kristin

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We got a really good deal on the hotel so we decided to try it as we wanted to stay near the parks and didn't really want to do a lot of driving in our short stay. We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel, staff and our stay. There was a line at check in, but it didn't take long and everything was quick. The staff were friendly from the time we pulled up to the valet guy to everyone we came in contact with before we left. The 7 a.m. wake up evacuation call was not pleasant or appreciated, however I am certain one of the teens staying there for a cheer competition was responsible (I have worked with teens for years although none of ours ever did this.) I cannot fault the hotel for this. The onsite restaurant One80 was outstanding, as well. They also have a café that is open late when you come in late from the parks to grab a soda or snack. We will definitely stay there again. The room was good size, clean and quiet.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor and got a water view room which is nice because you have a small balcony...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you so much for the great feedback on our hotel. Reviews such as yours keep our batteries charged!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I recently attended a conference at the hotel. I want to commend the service staff for their amazing service. They would use my name tag to greet me by name, would be at your side for refills and to take away dishes, take your luggage, call a cab, book tickets to a show, and always smiling. I also enjoyed the food, everything was very tasty. However, the price we paid to be at this hotel was extremely high for the amenities provided. The internet was an add-on, which apparently included parking, use of the fitness room, and a daily newspaper (and a few other things). However those things were open to the public, so really you were paying for internet access. The room was nicely furnished and clean, nothing special. My shower head was broken - would have expected everything to be in good working order for the price. Drinks at the on-site bar were extremely expensive - much better to eat and drink in Downtown Disney which was right across the street. The hotel did provide a coupon book but it expired last year (very helpful!) Overall, the hotel was good, but I would say it is worth checking prices at other nearby hotels.

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We use this information to inform our staff where we can improve our facility and services. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Back the Palace again. This makes my third or fourth trip now. I was here for a business conference and stayed for a week.

I was originally placed in a room with two double beds and no balcony despite my request for a King room. On check they were dealing with a computer failure (3 days longs I heard a staffer say) and trying to train a new desk clerk. She was slow but generally efficient if only she could have got me in the proper room. I slept in the original room for one night.

On day two I asked to be change to the requested King room. They accommodated my request but when I changed my room the maid staff was mumbling about having to clean the room I was leaving - it looked like they had already done that????

Twice during the stay I had to get my key card reprogrammed. For whatever reason the key cards didn't work so I needed to go to front desk for assistance. They said it was a system failure. Others staying at the hotel said they had the same thing happen.

Generally, the place is well worn and in need of a makeover. Carpets are worn pretty good. Fixtures and window treatments look pretty dated. Paint is chipped and casework is dented.

Other services and conference space is showing a good deal of wear too.

Hoping to not come back here for another conference

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Greg R

Dear Reviewer:

First and foremost, we appreciate your feedback.

I'm sorry we weren't able to get you into a room with a king bed. Rooms are allocated on a 'First-come, First-served' basis and we were at optimal occupancy the night you checked in and unfortunately we were out of the type room you requested. I'm glad we were able to get you into a more desireable room the next day.

The hotel is currently undergoing several improvement projects, a few of those being the replacement of carpet, painting and the purchase of new furniture. We hope you will come back and enjoy our improvements.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I was able to experience two rooms over the course of a week. When I arrived (pretty late) they did not have any Kings - only double queens. I was able to be moved to a King the next day however. From the beginning, and throughout the stay, the hotel staff across the board were excellent. Everyone was always friendly and upbeat. The facilities were very nice and generally clean. There was a public bathroom down by where the meeting rooms were (in the lobby where Ireland, Scotland, and Crown were located) which on multiple occasions seemed to need attention. The internet in the room was TERRIBLE. I called on three different occasions to get it fixed. I chatted with AT&T and the first night said there was a network issue and should be fixed by next day. It wasn't. Called again and they said this time the router needs to be reset and it should fix the problem. It didn't. The third day I a member of the hotel staff came and he said it was AT&T that needed to figure it out. He called for me and again they said it should be fixed. The only time I could get it to work was when I sat in my chair right next to the door. I also had issues getting it to connect directly from the Ethernet. This was a great frustration for the week for sure. The food at the restaurant was tasty, though expensive (which can be expected at a Disney property such as this). There were a number of little things that added to the overall issues I had with the hotel. The shower had very low pressure and one morning was barely luke warm for some reason. Obviously, the internet. The walls seem to be very thin. I could hear so much noise from my neighbors, and being a Disney property, there were a lot of loud kids. I love kids but it made it difficult at 7 AM when I had a late night and wanted to sleep in a bit.

Overall, I have to say that I would stay here again, mostly because of the staff, and perhaps assume that I had a bunk experience with the room. I would give it another chance. Because of the issues I did have though (especially the internet). Great service will outweigh other issues for me almost any time. One last comment...one of the gentlemen in our group went down to the desk to complain about his A/C not working, and before he made it back to the room, the technician had already made it there and fixed it. Again, GREAT SERVICE!!!

Room Tip: I am not sure, but perhaps try to get an end room with only one room on the other side. Don't ge...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for your very positive comments on our staff. I will be sure to share your feedback with our managers so they can relay your message to their crews.

Regarding the internet: I sincerely apologize for your frustration. I know from my own experience when traveling how difficult it is to conduct business without a strong internet signal and it is nothing less than maddening. We work very closely with AT&T to get our internet issues corrected as soon as possible and I'm sorry we weren't able to do that for you. I know it's not the ideal solution, but we are always willing to reassign you to another room with a stronger signal.

I appreciate that you are willing to visit us again so we can show you the kind of hotel stay you expect!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

During my last stay here I stayed in the resort building which is the smaller building on the other side of the pool. I have stayed at this hotel 5 times. On check in when I got to my room there was a constriction worker on the balcony. Seems they were painting the building. Went back to the desk and asked for a room without a paint crew on the balcony. Staff at the desk acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. Three of them huddled whispering to each other. Eventually they gave me a different room so I asked where it was and was told the computer system was down and they really had no idea where the room was located.

As I headed to this room I ran into a co-worker standing in a hallway, he was waiting on security as the room they gave him had someone's luggage in it. When I got to my room I found it was one floor above my previous room and had the same situation with the paint crew so I gave up and stayed in the room.

The next morning housekeeping knocked on the door and asked me if this was my room. When they decided I should be there they asked when I was checking out, they seemed to think I was there for one night but my stay was for a week. After going to meetings when I cam back that afternoon I was locked out. Third trip to the front desk. The next afternoon locked out again. Fourth trip to the front desk and another apology. Out of a 7 night stay I was locked out of my room 5 days. Each time they blamed the "system". Maybe they should invest in a new one. Room wise the rooms are nice but I did have black mold growing on the bathroom floor, picture uploaded. Otherwise remember this is a resort property so the prices can be high, around $3.00 for a cup of coffee. Basically anything you buy at the hotel will drain your bank account quickly if you are on a budget. The hotel did have signs around playing up their great trip advisor rating and many of my co-workers were commenting on why they would have good ratings as many of them were tired of being locked out of their rooms everyday.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank DVP16

Dear Reviewer:

Something ugly happened here during your stay--something every hotel manager dreads: Software Failure! Fortunately, software failures are rare--in fact, this was our first ever system wide failure.

Our entire hotel computerized service system was rendered inoperative for 3 days. Not knowing in advance exactly how a failure of this magnitude would effect us, every available employee jumped in to help accommodate our guests as best we could. During that time our employees initiated, calculated, processed, extracted and tracked data by hand.

Our IT staff worked around the clock to get our systems back up. I'm sure the front desk staff "huddled" from time to time--with 27 stories, over 1,000 rooms, and several different configurations, it's hard to remember every detail about every room.

Our housekeeping staff operated from handwritten notes, not having the benefit of a computer print-out with pertinent check-in/ check-out information. The front desk staff was challenged with room keys that weren't working--again, tied to our computer system.

We learned how to capture date manually; trained and cross-trained every available employee to minimize the impositions such a failure would inevitably cause our guests. And all of this happened while we were hosting one of our most important business groups.

We can't apologize enough for the inconvenience you endured during the time of our software failure and we appreciate your patience.