“Buena Vista Palace”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #211 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here for three nights while at a business meeting. It is conveniently located to Disney Main St., the staff is very nice and the hotel accomodations are also very nice. It is a shame it is no loger affiliated with Hilton so there are no reward points earned for stays. The group meals the hotel catered were very good especially for banquet set-up. I ate at the hotel restaurane one night and had ribs which were also very good. The restaurant looks slightly care worn so a refurbishment would improve the dining experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake
2  Thank ChamL
OrlandoInterested, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are pleased to read you enjoyed your visit with us. We will be sure to share your kind words about the staff and food in the banquet rooms and restaurant. We have very exciting plans to update the restaurant this year and hope that you will be able to come back and experience what we have done.

Thank you again for the awesome comments. We look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards,
Kristin

There are newer reviews for Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I visited this hotel for a business conference. My first hotel room was dingy and smelled moldy. I asked the front desk attendant to switch rooms and was told the first time that there was no more rooms available. Then proceeded to tell me that the only room available was by the elevator. (Not to mention that he was extremely rude). Well, I didn't realize that the bed backed up against the same wall the ice machine was on as well. Also, my room was not stocked with the necessary towels and toiletries. This wasn't even the worst part. Lastly, the food served at our conference from the hotel gave me food poisoning. For the price of the hotel, I expected to have better customer service and not so many issues. I will probably never return here.

1  Thank Rachel P
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Rachel P:

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate department heads.

Thank you for your feedback. It helps us improve our facility and services.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had an overall good experience. The room was clean with a nice balcony with a great view of Downtown Disney. The staff was very friendly and respectful. We had not problems with hearn any noise from the adjacent rooms. The carpeting in the halls, rooms and the restaurant near the snack bar needs replacing. The restaurant options are limited. But the 180 bar/restaurant had pretty good food for a reasonalbe price. The wait staff there was a plus. The WiFi did not work very well. There is a shuttle to Downtown DIsney, but it has many stops so do the short walk if possible. Just find the exit closest to there to get the shortest route. if you take the shuttle be sure the staff tells you exactly where to get it at Downtown Disney since they did not do a good job at that and we had trouble finding it.

1  Thank Robert009
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Robert009:

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback. We currently have several improvement projects underway, one of which is replacing worn carpeting. I hope you had a chance to enjoy our pools and the recent renovations and improvements made there.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope you will choose the Buena Vista Palace the next time you come to the Walt Disney World Resort!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have been to BVP twice, each time around mid December for 10-14 nights. I always reserved directly with the Hotel via their website. (2 adults + 2 Kids). They have a great package where kids eat free breakfast and you get a Disney View Room.
Rooms have been refurbished but can miss little ear and tear things like wobbly tile or scuffed doors but nothing I thought to complain about. Views from higher rooms are obviously good but it doesn't matter if you have lake or Disney view both are nice as the property is quiet large and there isn't another hotel or motorway next door to get noise or feel blocked in.
Breakfast is really good, make your own waffles, hot buffet including grits and porridge, fresh fruit, cottage cheese, cereals, breads and juices. Hot drinks are brought to your table by servers. Some days buffet wasn't operating (due to small numbers I guess) and guests can order off the A La Carte (starter & mains like fruit compote and omelette, adults where fine with this but picky kids are stumped as they had gotten into the swing of buffet, we jiggled things around to suite everyone so no big deal).
Outside pool good with jazuzzi and open till late.
Buses to Disney every 30 mins. We are the last hotel of three to be picked up then onto either 'Disney + Epcot' or 'Animal + Hollywood'. They were very punctual and even during peak days you got on (albeit standing).
Location of hotel across from Downtown Disney is a major draw for us in that you can just walk across road.
Parking at hotel is free or you can use the valet service. We found if we had to park way at the back that a short cut through the conference centre and up the escalators and you were at the hotel lifts.
Staff were friendly checking in and out. Breakfast staff are great, always a friendly good morning and a little conversation with the kids about the day ahead. Character breakfast was good too.
Resort fee is extra on the rate but most hotels have this 'extra' so cost it into the room rate, comparing similar hotel rates nearby, adding in breakfast, resort fee and car parking their 'Kids Eat Free' package beat many many others. Also saw a few couples so would also recommend this hotel to them too, it didn't feel overrun with kids at all.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Inez A
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for such a comprehensive and positive review of our hotel. And thank you for sharing your holidays with us! We hope to see you again this year!

With Appreciation,

Reviewed 23 February 2014

stayed here for a conference, for which the hotel was the headquarters. had reserved a king bed room, upon check in was told, politely, only queens available, (seems a common theme), unless we wanted a disability room with a king, which is what we opted for. the room was spacious, clean. decor circa 1990s? don't know how it would compare to a room w/o a disability, though. bathroom was spacious, to accommodate a wheelchair, but spartan, no shelves to hold cosmetics or shaving stuff. bathtub shower.
engineering staff was responsive, fixing wi fi and a/ c, both of which weren't functioning, promptly. there was a coupon to use wi fi freely, but the wi fi didn't function
well and had to be renewed every day, and on some days couldn't connect to att page to use coupon to sign in.
eating options: watercress cafe for breakfast/lunch-self serve or table service. one venue for dinner-sports bar/restaurant (same menu) with sports bar type food. good waffle style sweet potato fries. poolside bar, didn't partake so can't comment.
a plus for some-walking distance to downtown disney.
self parking is a nice walk, maybe 1/2-3/4 mile. overnight valet is $21/night.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer:

I'm sorry we weren't able to provide you with a room with a king-sized bed during your stay but I am glad we were responsive to your other needs. It's good to know you enjoyed our new restaurant, the one80Sportgrill and Bar. I'll let them know their sweet potato fries were a hit.

Regarding our parking lot: I'm not sure who's lot you parked in but the farthest you would ever have to walk using our parking facility is 700 feet, which takes you to the furthest parking spot on property and right next to my car. Still a hike, I admit, but far shorter than the 2640' -- 4000' you estimated.

Thank you for staying with us. I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel two years ago and loved it. its clean! location is great! staff is friendly! love the pools! we are going back to this hotel again in April cant wait. we have also stayed at other hotels in Downtown Disney but this one is the best by far!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your return visit in April.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here because I had to attend a conference here, but the online reviews for the hotel were good, so I was not concerned. Even though it was a work trip, I have to travel on a budget because my department does not have much money for travel so I prepaid my hotel on a travel web site. What they DON'T tell you about this hotel online is that even when you prepay for your room the hotel charges you $21.95 per night for what they call a "resort fee." This "resort fee" includes use of the wireless internet (I travel with my own broadband card). fitness center (didn't use it), airline boarding pass printer in the lobby (I drove here), in-room fridge (my room didn't have one), unlimited local calls (I have a smart phone), in-room coffee and tea (I searched high and low for a diet coke and could not find a vending machine ANYWHERE!), pool (didn't use it), and transportation to the Magic Kingdom (uh, I was here for work). Add to this that I paid for a suite, and my room was right next to the pool, and I got to listen to loud music at night, and on Friday morning I woke up to construction literally right outside my window. Oh, and when I checked in, on the the walk to my room, I got squirted by a sprinkler and COMPLETELY drenched. I could have placed in a wet t-shirt contest. This has been far from an ideal hotel experience for me. I probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: I would suspect higher rooms in the main building are better.
2  Thank EllaGrossi
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Reviewer:

I'm sorry to hear your experience was less than ideal; we strive to make every guests' stay comfortable and relaxing--especially when they're here for work!

We do have some improvement projects underway that can be noisy at times but we do our best to keep such projects from commencing until a respectable time in the morning. And remember: unless we are at maximum capacity, we are always happy to find you a room more to your liking.

Garth

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Terra Verde Resort
#11 of 63 in Kissimmee
Windsor Palms Resort
#9 of 63 in Kissimmee

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!