“Great spot to start Disney fun”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #204 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Nice, well appointed resort . Small but clean comfy rooms. Location is great,just across Downtown Disney. We had a balcony with our room and a view of the fireworks at Disney parks. Had breakfast buffet one morning in one of there restaurants good, not much selection.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Dallfine:

Thanks you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your room--watching the fireworks from your own balcony is the best!

We hope to see you again!
Garth

Write a ReviewReviews (5,203)

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I was a little hesitant after reading some of the neg reviews on TA. I got this hotel from a Hotwire deal and had to go with it. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in. It is a very nice hotel and very large. Our room was nice. No complaints. Walls are thin but thankfully we didn't have any rowdy neighbors. Short walk to downtown Disney is great. Only reason I didn't give this a 5star rating is bc of all the extra fees they charge. $21/day plus 2 diff kind of taxes on top of that each night. Taxes on top of valet charge. Lots of little charges that add up. The parking is not "free". You pay for it in this night fee. If I get another great deal I might stay here again but only if the price is right.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank mommyofgavinray

Dear Reviewer:

We received your comments from TripAdvisor and appreciate you taking the time to respond. Guest reviews help us improve our facility and services.

You said in your review that you might stay here again and we hope you do!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is the worse hotel I have stayed in since I've been an adult. It is not 4 star at all (2-3 star maybe).

Good points- great price for a Disney property; the pool was ok for kids and excellent proximity by shuttle or walking to Downtown Disney

bad points- rooms are dark, dingy looking and smell like mildew, we killed 15-20 mosquitoes and bugs in our first room on floor 6 (we opened the patio door because of the smell and all bugs flew in. The staff said that was because we were close to the lake and "the hotel had not fumigated properly"); the room safe did not close; the bathroom tile and tube were dirty. A brown liquid like substance (? soda) was on the tub, tile, wall and back of the bathroom door; housekeeping came to clean it but had a bad attitude. A spider was in the tub also. The carpet in the halls and rooms was dirty and wrinkled. We couldn't enjoy the balcony because of bugs and the patio furniture was old. My son broke out in a rash on his back. They apologized and moved us to a suite at 0100. It was much bigger, but still looked and smelled the same. We killed a bug there too. The concierge was not very helpful, just ok. I requested some extra sheets to cover the sofa in the suite because it looked dirty. The sheets came the next day after my second request. I had to go down to the front desk to ask. Our suite was not cleaned until around 5 pm and then they only cleaned one of the bathrooms in the suite. At our request they came back to finish at 5:36pm.

Summary- ok place to stay if you don't really care about cleanliness and details. Tis would not have bothered me when I was in college. But I'm 49 with a family and expected a 4 star hotel as advertised.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank G L

Dear GL:

I'm sorry to read in your TripAdvisor review that your experience was less than you expected. We try hard to make our guests comfortable and are glad to hear that you were more satisfied with your new room. Your other concerns will be addressed by the appropriate department head.

I loved this hotel
It was comfortable, the staff is all about making you happy and its across the street from down town disney!! The pool was so relaxing and everything was just perfect. If you're thinking of picking this hotel, You really should :D

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kitcatsheart
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear "Kitcatsheart":

I am very grateful to receive such a dynamic review on TripAdvisor! This is the level of service we strive to provide EVERY guest of the Buena Vista Palace Hotel and it's nice to hear from our guests who experience it. Your visit was well timed since we just completed re-surfacing the entire pool area and replacing all the poolside furniture.

Again, I'm glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was very impressed with the level of service at the Buena Vista palace. I checked with with Alessandra. Wow, she provided the best customer service I have experienced in a very long time. She took her time at the counter, didn't make me feel rushed (knowing there were other guest waiting to check in). I was very pleased with her patience, professionalism, & eagerness to please.
The kids loved the game room, the Ping pong table near the heated pool. Very nice end to our spring break in Orlando!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Michelle A

Dear Michelle:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review! Alessandra is one of our top associates and it's employees such as Alessandra who make our guests want to return again and again! We will be sure to pass your comments along to her manager.

We hope to see you again next spring break!

Regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Over the past 5 years we have stayed at The Buena Vista Palace three times and enjoyed the convenience, location, services, professionalism, courtesy and comfort it affords guests. However the last two times we experienced unnecessary difficulties with regard to charges made on our credit card. A very sensative matter in this day and age of massive identity theft and credit card fraud and schemes. Keep in mind that we are in the habit of visiting our financial accounts on line almost daily to prevent errors, mistakes and fraud. Had we not, neither of these over charges would have been discovered and we would be out the money.

First issue: On a previous "girls only spa weekend", we were charged the resort fee by both the hotel and their spa. When questioned, the hotel staff was courteous and professional and stated they were unaware the spa also charged a resort fee. One of the fees was refunded. We wrote this off as a minor inconvenience.

Second issue: Recently we reserved a room for ourself and a room our friends at the BVP with the clear understanding our credit card was to be used only to hold both rooms until our arrival and at that time the room charges would be submitted on our respective cards. We arrived, submitted our our respective cards and checked-in. A third couple scheduled to meet us at the BVP had a medical emergency resulting in an extended ICU stay. The BVP staff was kind and released us from the remaining reservation without penalty.
Upon checking our credit card account we discovered BVP charged us twice for the first nights stay; two room charges, two resort fees, taxes, etc. They failed to split the original "hold" on our reservation between us and the other couple. We asked our friends to check; they said BVP billed their first night on their credit card.
Kevin (at BVP) refunded the second hotel room rate only. The second resort fee is still shown as "pending" on our card. We anticipate this charge will be removed soon.
Based on these events, future BVP reservations seem doubtful.

Disappointed

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul P

Dear Paul:

You are definitely correct about the sensitivity of handling credit cards and I hope you will accept my apologies for our error. I will check with Kevin personally to confirm that the other charges (resort fee, taxes) are refunded as well.

We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Got a great on line price for one night...Great location across the street from Downtown Disney & bus depot. Comfortable room with balcony & nice beds. No issues w/room and easy check in. For a quick visit I would recommend!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelford
Garth C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for your excellent review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay at the Palace. We look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards,