Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #211 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Northern, New Jersey
“Went Back!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel is clean, friendly, and has everything nearby. This was actually my second time staying here. It's just convenient. This time around my room smelled like humidity. I haven't used pool area or anything like that. Had sit down breakfast and it was good. Over all i would def go back a third time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
OrlandoInterested, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Linda P,
We are so glad you came back! Thank you for choosing us. We know there are many options and we appreciate that you always come back to us. We can not wait for you to visit again.

Kristin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,024)
Cotswolds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I arrived around 6pm for a three night stay. I'd pre-requested a king room, as only me, with a lake view (cheapest option!). I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel, it was a great stay and I wouldn't hesitate to do so again.

My first room was a little disappointing, only because the balcony was really tiny and, to be honest, not so pleasant as the floor had loads of weeds growing up through the floor. However, this was soon sorted out by the front desk and a new room was arranged - with fantastic views of the Disney Fireworks each evening.

I ate in the Sports Bar one night - great food, great atmosphere - and had the buffet breakfast in the small restaurant (nice, but quite expensive). Lovely window seat overlooking the lake.

The hotel's pools are all very nice. I spent a few hours cooling down in the waterfall pool - nice cocktails!

There is a convenient little mini-market on the ground floor of the main tower which sells cold drinks (non and alcoholic), coffee, pastries, sandwiches, fruit, candy etc. There is also a Disney store. I didn't have time to try the Spa. Next time!

The icing on the cake is the 5 minute walk to Downtown Disney - just superb.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AnnieO60
OrlandoInterested, Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Annie;

Thank you for the fantastic review! Thank you for mentioning our location to Downtown Disney. We are located directly across the street. We are very excited for the upcoming changes to DTD, where they are adding double the restaurants and shops.

I do want to apologize to the condition of your balcony. We are in the process of cleaning and painting them. I have passed on your great comments about our restaurants, mini market and the pool. We do hope that our guests like you enjoy them along with the rest of the hotel's facilities.

We do hope you come back and visit us again soon. We are looking forward to having a great summer and fall session.

See ya at Disney!
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at this resort instead of staying on a Disney property. The hotel was nice, not great. Check in staff was great as well as the bellhops outside. Our refrigerator didn't keep things very cold at all.

We ate at the hotel "sports bar" however, when we were there at 7 there wasn't a TV on in site. The wait staff was terribly slow, and they couldn't use the excuse that they were busy, there were maybe 5 other tables with people seated. Not only that when we arrived, we were told "we just had a cancellation, take them to a window view" our "window view" consisted of overgrown plants, and views of the hotel where paint was peeling off.

This resort is in walking distance to downtown Disney. A major drawback for us was the transportation to the Disney parks. The buses only ran every 30 minutes, and if you are going to Magic Kingdom, it doesn't take you directly to the park. It takes you to the transportation station, where you ride the monorail to the park. Coming back our first day from Magic Kingdom it took over 2 hours, after that, we just took a taxi back and paid $25.00.

The pools were open 24 hours, although they needed some serious TLC. My daughter scraped her food pretty bad on the bottom of the pool because it was so rough.

Dear Wichita;

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. I am reviewing your experiences with our management team so we can improve our guest services.

I did want to share with you that we have done some work to our pool area and the outside of the building.

I did pass on your nice comments about our front desk and bellmen.

I do hope you will have the opportunity to try us again.

Morrisville, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Long story short, we were very disappointed in the service we received at Buena Vista Palace. We believe that the 4 star rating may be tied into the clientele from conferences (we noticed that the hotel holds a number of conferences/functions throughout the week). I feel as if it's commendable for a hotel to offer great amenities, hold several conferences and also attend to guests. When we first checked into the hotel, even after switching rooms, we were undecided if the hotel was a 2 or 3 star. After checking out, my husband believed that Buena Vista Palace was a 2 star (with the amenities), however I believed that they were a 1 star, given the service that we received. I provide the reasons in the following paragraph.

We were booked with Buena Vista Palace through Hilton Grand Vacation-HGV- (YES, I was crazy enough to accept a timeshare package, we didn't buy into the timeshare, we just accepted a discounted deal and they booked us with Buena Vista Palace, I will share the rating for HGV in a separate rating). Everything was handled wonderfully, for the booking of the discount package by phone, through HGV. Given that we booked this package through HGV, I was under the impression that IT WAS a Hilton brand hotel; okay, that was the first issue I encountered when we checked in. The guest services rep was very cold and nonchalant when she checked us in, I informed her that I didn't have my Hilton rewards card on me, however I could provide her with the reservation number, of which my member's number would be attached. She told me that I booked through HGV, they are a different hotel brand, this was situation number 1 and 2 (1, her lack of professionalism/courtesy to relay the difference in the brand of hotels, I didn't mind being informed about it, however she could have been nicer in her delivery; situation number 2 was the fact that I did not have reservations at a Hilton brand hotel, if you are trying to sell me your product, why are you sending me off in another direction/to another brand, however this situation has nothing to do with Buena Vista Palace, I will address this issue in another review).

Okay, so finally we are checked into our room (we are told nothing about the hotel, probably because we are "Hilton members" in another hotel, I don't know, I'm just guessing); and when we walk into our room, we are greeted by a mildew smell (possibly the carpet/the age of the hotel room). Of course, the smell motivates us to search for what else could be wrong with the room. After walking through the room, we find that there is still soap scum in the soap dish, there is a tube of conditioner but no shampoo, the bathroom trash can is stained/dirty, the alarm clock was blanking (which means that either there was a power outage in the room/someone unplugged it by accident but never reset it), the latch on the patio door was not secured and there were 1 or 2 small bugs flying around. My first thought was (of course it should have been my first thought before paying for the room, however we thought this was a 4 star hotel), are there bed bugs in this place!? I had my husband to check and he stated that there were 2 reports (in the higher numbered rooms, I believe the high rise). Given that the hotel had 2 reports made me skeptical of the room. We went back to the front desk and informed them of our situation and the report; the guest services rep (which was not the same rep that checked us in, THANK GOODNESS), listened to our concerns and kindly checked us into room 448. This room was a little nicer and seemed as if it was ready to be occupied, unlike the first room. Of course we went to Walmart and purchased some lysol spray and sprayed everything in the room (we also kept our clothes in our bags). Situation number 3 was being checked into a room that was possibly not ready for occupancy (I'm uncertain if this was done on purpose, I mean after the service we received while initially being checked in, the thought may cross your mind, I know it crossed mine, however I dropped it); the solution to this situation is that the hotel may need to either ensure that all rooms are thoroughly clean/renovate the hotel rooms by section (they do seem to be a little outdated).
Okay, so we have kind of gotten pass the room situation (we still had to deal with the mildew smell throughout our stay; the way we did that was to tour the city the whole day and only sleep in the room during the night, although it was our intention to lounge in our room a few of the days, during the day/night). I also wanted to inform to the front desk manager of the "possible" bed bug situation (we scheduled our timeshare meeting for the next day, Friday, the day after our check in, and every time we went by the front desk they were busy). We stopped by the front desk on Saturday morning, day two of our stay, to inform the front desk staff of the bed bug situation (and to also confirm that the situation was taken care of); the guest services rep assured us that they take bed bug situations very seriously and she went to get her manager (I asked to speak with the manager). I informed the guest services manager that we didn't want anything (at times when folk complain, they usually "want something," however we received the hotel room at a wonderful discounted rate, the only thing we wanted was assurance that they had taken care of their bed bug situation and we weren't taking any home with us). The guest services manager assured us that they took bed bugs very seriously and if there were any incidents reported, they would close the room off and treat it accordingly. Situation number 4 was that I requested that someone check our room for bed bugs, the manager stated that she would have someone to check it for us; however as far as I know, no one ever came to check the room (the solution to this situation is simple, they could have just followed up with us, their guests, regardless if they believe there were bed bugs or not).

Situation number 5 was that I requested, in a note, that housekeeping replenish our kleenex. In that note, I also wrote that I appreciated their services and I left it with a tip. Well, they didn't replenish the kleenex, they left the note and took the tip; that was the last tip I left! Once we got back into the room and I noticed that the kleenex was not replenished, I went down to the front desk and requested a box of tissue, we left the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door after that day. The solution to this situation, the guest should not have to request the replenishment of anything, however when they do so and since they have already paid for their room and provided a tip, if it is possible to fulfill that service then it should be fulfilled.

Situation number 6 is minor, Buena Vista Palace (I believe the Watercress Cafe) serves stale pastries and my husband stated that the coffee was alright (I believe it has the Starbucks name on it). My husband stated that when he went to the cafe to get a pastry and coffee, there was another guest that asked where "the real" Starbucks was, LOL (I had to laugh when he told me this, especially after he told me that the pastry was stale). The associate in the cafe told the guest that there was another Starbucks about 2 or 3 miles away. The solution to this situation is to ensure that there are fresh pastries in the cafe.

The final situation, situation number 7, occurred the day that we checked out (on a Tuesday). I'm uncertain if Buena Vista Palace slides the checkout folio under guest's door, the night before checkout (maybe we did not receive this luxury because we were "Hilton members" staying at another hotel, who knows), however my husband noticed that we did not receive a folio. I was still trying to give Buena Vista Palace the benefit of the doubt, and I stated that possibly they have so many rooms they do not provide the folios by sliding them under the door, everyone may receive them when they go to the front desk to check out. Well, when we went to the front desk to checkout, we were waiting for a printout of the cost of our stay (I signed a form when we checked in, so I was confused when I was told that because we booked for a package deal through Hilton, we don't receive a checkout receipt, "come again!"). Once again, it seemed as if we were "imposing" on the Buena Vista Palace by booking through HGV, when we didn't even ask to be there in the first place. Had we known that we would have been treated in such an inconsiderate manner (of which we couldn't know), we would have gotten our money back/cancelled with HGV and paid to stay with Homewood Suites. I now understand that I booked through HGV and NOT Buena Vista Palace (I get that, it is crystal clear, after being told TWICE by Buena Vista Palace staff, I GOT IT, however if I didn't book through HGV and booked a reservation by sending a check to cover room charges directly to Buena Vista Palace, would I not receive a receipt upon checkout, even if I didn't provide a credit card!?). The solution to the checkout situation is that Buena Vista Palace should also update their system/process for accepting guests from another hotel brand (how can we sign a document to stay in your hotel, stay in your hotel and then not receive some type of document stating that we stayed there for a certain amount of time for a certain cost, that is disconcerting to me as it should be to Buena Vista Palace).

Buena Vista Palace has great amenities, they are within walking distance of Downtown Disney, they provide ample parking space, their bellmen are helpful and very courteous and even some of their front desk staff; however the service, the protocol that is in place for exchanged guests/whatever you want to call us, and the outdated rooms overshadow all of the good. We would not stay here again, there are other hotels that are within close proximity to the Buena Vista Palace that we would consider, when we decide to return to the Orlando area. I certainly hope that Buena Vista Palace receives an update to their rooms soon!

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, you may want to consider the high rise rooms (those that you have a view...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Felicia B
OrlandoInterested, Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Felicia;

We sincerely apologize for your stay with us. We do have a great hotel and I am so sorry that is not what you experienced. Our associates take great pride in taking care of our guests. We are so sorry that you did not experience this type of service.
We do take care of many guests through out the year including some of the HGV guests. Know that all of our guests are important to us.

We are going to review your experiences with our entire management team. I assure you we will look in to every issue that you have noted.

We appreciate your feedback and hope that you notified our managers during your stay.

Sincerely;

Cindy

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Reviewed 27 May 2014

From the outset, our young family was in trouble. Walked into our room and found a few bugs. Told the wife to tough it out only to come back to hotel room later that evening to find them everywhere. Told reception who tried to blame my toddler for leaving her apple juice out. After some heated exchanges, they finally gave us a new room which also smelled and had hair in the bathroom. Thought we just needed to get on with holiday. One positive is location to downtown disney. When you compare anything Disney to this hotel, its simply chalk and cheese. That night we ate at the mini mart and two of us ended up vomiting that night. Next night i bravely (or stupidly) decided to stick to fruits only because they surely couldnt stuff that up. Yep they sure did. Oranges we bought had green things growing on them. Complained again but the staff simply dont care.

My advice is dont try to save a few dollars and ruin the whole disney orlando experience.

Avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Kokodarick
Dear Kokodarick;

I want to apologize to you and your family in regards to your stay with us. I have brought your review to our managers attention. We are currently reviewing each issue to ensure that we handle situations such as yours in a better fashion.

I am deeply sorry as this is not a typical experience at our hotel.

Sincerely;

North East, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2014

my husband and I stayed here for three days on a last minute trip and it ended up being a pleasant surprise. We got a fairly low price per night so we weren't expecting anything too impressive however the resort was nice, well kept and clean. We were upgraded to the tower suites which gave us a living space, bedroom and 1 1/2 baths. Staff was friendly and helpful when we had questions. The location is what really did it for us... the resort is right across the street from Downtown Disney so we were able to walk there in the evenings for dinner or to catch a bus if needed. It's not an extravagant resort by any means but it serves it's purpose and is in a nice location.

Room Tip: request an upgrade to the tower suites if possible... closer to Downtown Disney, the pool and larger...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Droyer,
It's always a pleasure to read that someone's stay was a pleasant surprise. We appeciate you giving us an opportunity and hope if your travel plans bring you back to the Orlando area, you will consider to stay with us again.

Oldsmar, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Don't get me wrong the hotel is nice but just not a 4 star. The carpets in the public areas etc. need swept more than just once a day & the customer service was just ok. I was told over the phone if a room is available we can check in early but of course, there were none available. We asked at checkin if she knew how long but she just said no instead of calling housekeeping & asking them how long until the next room would be available That is the kind of service you expect from a 4 star. They took our cell phone number to call us but they never did, we just showed up several hours later & they were able to give us our room however, it was close to check in time. Our bathroom sink was cracked on both sides as well as our toilet that was painted over to hide the cracks. The TV reception in our room was snowy. We had a delicious dinner at One 80 sportsbar & grill which has a wonderful restaurant not just the bar. We almost didn't go to it because we didn't want the environment of 40 TV's but when we saw the attached restaurant we were pleasantly surprised. They really need to advertise this because I'm sure many more people would choose it. It has a waterfall with characters rowing a boat basically in the air. We ate by the window but, outside a lot of the plants were dying. The grounds need to be better taken of. It seems like the hotel runs itself. I am just comparing it to other 4 star hotels where they are impeccably maintained. For a 3 star it is nice. It needs renovated & I'm sure once it is, the price will go way up. Be aware that Sunday breakfast buffet is $24.99 for adults, $14.99 kids with nothing special to warrant that price except for the Disney characters. The parking lot is huge but dimly lit at night, I wouldn't walk there alone & very far because all of the close spots are taken. If you can't walk long distances, you can always pay extra for valet.

2 Thank Donna M
Dear Donna M,
We want to thank you for writing a review. This feedback is very important to us. We are in the middle of a project, painting the exterior of the building, and we hope to make updates to our guestrooms next. Thank you for joining us at One80 Sportgrill & Bar. The restaurant is a nice place to sit down and enjoy a meal. We are fortunate we have the restaurant and lounge area and we will take your advise and promote the restaurant more.

Thank you for being our guest and hope that you come back to see us again so you can see what improvements we have made.

Kristin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Terra Verde Resort
#11 of 62 in Kissimmee
Windsor Palms Resort
#10 of 62 in Kissimmee

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!