My wife and I booked this Hotel mid May and became concerned when we looked at the contrasting reviews - some were very positive but most were poor.
We decided to see for ourselves and if we encountered any issues to resolve at the time. Some people don't seem to know how to raise an effective complaint.
Arrived at the hotel from the UK on the 14th June with some trepidation.
We parked our car in the large car park. For a Hotel of this size it is surely reasonable to expect to walk to the hotel from the car park, if you don't fancy a walk then pay for valet parking!
On arrival at check-in we were courteously greeted and advised that a complimentary upgrade was available, did we want 2 Queen beds or a King bed with a view of the Disney Fireworks? We chose a King bed room which was on the 14th floor.
Based on the majority of the reviews we anticipated a dusty squalid room, old smelly stained carpet, a damp musty smell followed by a trip back to reception to complain, .
No need. Our room was clean to a high standard, there was no smell, dirt, dust, dampness, problems with the room locks, or pubic hair to be found!
The bed was very comfortable with high quality bed linen. The air conditioning was about as noisy as the fan in the room - and that is pretty quiet. We didn't hear our neighbours on either side so have no issues with the noise that others seem to have experienced.
I require Internet access to keep up with work and this was also free, fast and reliable (both wired and wireless). There was a coffee maker and a small fridge in the room which was really all we needed. We soon stocked the fridge after a visit to Goodings which is at Crossroads a short car trip from the hotel. There is a shop on-site but the stock is limited.
We expected problems with the Hotel and there were none. The other guests we met had no complaints either.
The Hotel is in a prime location within walking distance of Downtown Disney, (if you don't want a 10 minute walk then there is a complimentary bus service). The Hotel was built some years ago so make some allowances for its age.
We initially thought the pools were small and would be crowded. No issues as the majority of guests are away at the parks. Plenty of loungers (these look new). There are two pools, one is best described as a family pool and another which is an adult pool. Towels are supplied free of charge. Some guests seem able to collect their towels but too lazy to place them in the used containers when they are finished with them - probably the same people that complain about everything!
There is a pool bar with food available. No complaints here either, we ate here twice (chicken and the hot dogs) while my wife quickly became a fan of their "cocktail of the day".
A nice touch is the self-service iced water (free) available straight from the bar counter.
In summary the Hotel exceeded our expectations and while it is not the best hotel we have ever stayed in this is more than compensated for by location, location, location.
Only little things I would change, and they are little:
1) not allow kids and their inflatables in the "adult pool"
2) revamp the Sports bar as it is not in keeping with the standard of the Hotel.
This Hotel won a trip advisor award in 2013, I have my suspicion that there are some bogus reviews to reduce ratings!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across the from over 150 one-of-a-kind restaurants, boutiques and the best of entertainment at Disney Springs™, Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace provides a contemporary oasis in a location second to none. The lake-front hotel has recently completed extensive renovations that include stylish, modern guest room redesign and the addition of two large pools, with private cabanas, a poolside restaurant and a Float Lagoon with beach entry that the whole family will love. Hilton Buena Vista Palace offers 5 dining options and a Disney Character Breakfast. Disney Benifits include complimentary shuttle to the parks, and onsite Disney store. Beginning January 1, guests of the hotel will have access to Walt Disney World theme park Extra Magic Hours benefit! Theme park admission and special voucher received at check-in will be required. Valid for stays through December 31. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel And Spa
- Buena Vista Palace Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Palace
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs Florida