“Clean, Good Service”

Ranked #205 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Clean, Good Service”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our conference had great food and coffee. Hotel has fast elevators. Its clean, nothing too fancy.....my room was small, kind of beat up with a cracked sink. Walking distance of many shops in what is refered to as 'Downtown Disney'. Employees friendly!

Room Tip: There is two elevators/section of lower rooms and higher floors. The lower floors have a view of in...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
kwalsh4211, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Dorothy M,
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and conference that was held here. We strive to make sure each of our guests have a positive experience and we are delighted yours was just that. Thank you for being our guest. We hope you come back to see us again real soon.

Kristin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (977)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just came back from my yearly Disney vacation July 27-29. I've been to this hotel as of today three times. This last time I think will be my last. First, I noticed the exterior of the hotel looks dilapidated with multiple moldy leaks. Self parking is on the farthest side of the hotel in which you have to walk through the convention center to get to your hotel room. So imagine walking 4 miles in magic kingdom to come to your parking and walking another 500 steps to get to your elevator.

Housekeeping: I got back from the park at 3:40pm to find the housekeeping in my room. I was so tired and wanted to shower so bad i had to tell her to come back later, which she never did. I paid for a premium room and for me to get my room cleaned at 3:40pm is pathetic

Pool: looked like it was built in 1950 and the towels they provide are so cheap. Maybe I'm picky, but it looked like they were bought in 1950 when the hotel was built.

My biggest complaint is the ice machine debacle. If your looking to visit Disney with your family and are taking a cooler then you will understand my frustration. They ice machine in my floor was broken, the ice machine on the floor below me smelled putrid, and when I go to concierge they tell me to go to the market on the first floor in which they tell me they did not have an ice machine for guests. Wow
My firework view room with a balcony had plenty of bugs. I recommend going up to the 27th floor to view fireworks then paying for the extra balcony view.

improvements I'd recommend:
replace those nasty rugs
fix on the water leaks from the roof
have front desk inform guests of the amenities like the firework view of the 27th floor
get a slide for the pool.
get new towels that are adult size.

Room Tip: the balcony fireworks view room was full of ants and spiders we ended up going to the 27th floor whi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank retro23
Dear retro23,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate the feedback and intend to use it to continue improving the facility and the service we provide. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads to ensure they are reviewed and addressed accordingly. As you witnessed, we are undergoing some enhancements to the building. We are currently in the process of painting and sealing the exterior of the main building and resort building. The interior will be next. As it relates to the room, we want to apologize for it not being cleaned and hope that you were able to bring it to our attention before your departure so we could address it with our room attendant. We are certainly glad you are a return guest and hope that you will consider giving us another chance. We would welcome another opportunity to show you just what our level of service is.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We spent this past weekend and had a great time. Staff was helpful,room was clean and view was beautiful. Enjoyed the pool. The kids had fun with the scout program. Will return and have recommended to family and friends.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear YBETTE S,
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. The ScoutAbout program has been a big hit for many of our guests. It's gives you the opportunity to do something fun together and helps you learn a little bit about the property. My favorite point of discovery is the hanging sculpture. What was yours? We hope you come back again to visit.

Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Chose to stay here because we have stayed here, several times, many years ago. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable. Loved the pools. The only drawback was that housekeeping would only leave 1 wash cloth for the two of us. Solved by a call to housekeeping ( was brought a variety stack of towels which lasted duration of our stay). Easy walk to Downtown Disney. Not as shiny and new as it was when we stayed here in the 1990s but still met our needs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear evildwarf,
We are delighted you came back to visit. We know you have many options to choose from and we are thankful you chose us.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Was very clean good location, creative activities for the kids,customer service was excellent Especially Albert he was AMAZING!!! With ten like him every place will be great, the pool was beautiful and clean was so close to downtown Disney that you can go walking

Stayed July 2014
Dear Carlos D,
We are delighted to hear you had such an excellent time. We will be sure to share your comments with Alberto. He has been with us for many years and we feel very fortunate he is part of our team. Thank you for recognizing him and for taking the time to write such an awesome review.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

It's upsetting when I read previous negative reviews of this resort. Me and my teenage girls are here on vacation and have had a wonderful time. We arrived 3 hours early and I wasn't expecting to get in a room but the front clerk Mr Jackson was so helpful and friendly that he got us in. I did book this thru priceline so I did not know what to expect. I did however know about the resort fee because I read the fine print! Our room was at the island, 2 queen beds, the room was very large and I was impressed! Just go to their website and look at room photos because our room looked exactly like that, no surprises! We had one issue with air conditioner, but they sent man right over to fix it and room stayed super cool. They even called back twice to make sure everything was working well. Pools were great and the bar was booming! Yes you pay more for drinks but you're at a resort and it should be expected. Just go and buy drinks at Wal-Mart down the road, problem solved! We did not eat at any of the restaurants so I cannot review the food. ALL staff have been nothing but helpful and kind. Just remember when you read previous reviews, some people will never be happy/satisfied! Thank you Palace for a wonderful experience.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Crshandbrn2000
kwalsh4211, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
You are completely welcome Crshandbrn2000,
First and foremost thank you for being our guest. We are thrilled you and your family chose to stay with us! We appreciate your honesty and the warm and friendly comments you have shared about our staff and resort. We hope if your travel plans bring you back to the Orlando area you will come to see us. Thank you again for being our guest.

Warm Regards,
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We were not very impressed with this hotel. The only good thing was the staff...food was poor, ended up changing rooms because of no internet access on the 24th floor...killed a really big cockroach in the room. Pool never seemed to have towels.
I have nothing great to say about this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank R-Knee626
Dear R-Knee626,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate the feedback and we sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Kristin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Windsor Palms Resort
#7 of 59 in Kissimmee
Regal Palms Resort & Spa
#2 of 13 in Davenport
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,073 reviews

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!