“Good experience”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #204 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Well, I booked this thru costco travel and this was a reason I rated 4. The hotel is nice and clean. walking distance to downtown disney and about 2-3 miles to local restaurants.
The hotel room is big and clean. we love it. My kids love the pools. You should find a package including breakfast otherwise it is very pricey with kids eat free.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kristin W, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Javanone06,
The four stars is a great rating! We appreciate the feedback and the comments you have shared.
Thank you for being our guest.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights because my wife was attending a workshop. I therefore had a chance to experience most of the facilities. It was an underwhelming experience. The hotel has the usual amenities that hotels have but you are charged $21 dollars in addition to your room fee for their use or lack of use. The restaurant was pretty expensive and the quality was pretty subpar. It says a lot when they have a hard time getting the coffee right. If you don’t like the hotel facilities your only walking option is to go to a Disney downtown facility nearby. When I tried this alternative the lines were very long at most restaurants with at least 30 to 40 people in front. I also tried to leave the resort area but traffic was brutal with lines of cars extending about a quarter of a mile being fairly common. Oddly, traffic would remain equally heavy throughout the day and evening hours. Remaining at the hotel turned out to be the least bad of several bad alternatives. At the end of an intense day at a workshop there really aren't many attractive alternatives unless you want to go ahead and fight traffic and crowds.

The rooms were clean, the furniture was usable, and the bed was comfortable. That’s about it. The hotel has definitely seen much better days and is very run down. For instance, the rugs were threadbare and unraveled in places, and the elevators had several glass panels missing. They had been replaced with stickers saying that replacements have been ordered, but the stickers looked really old. The noise level was must much higher than in other facilities that I have stayed at and hallway conversations at normal levels could be easily heard at the other end of the room.

The price of the rooms also comes under fire. They are advertised at $79 a night but they add a $21 resort fee on top of that making the entire price of the room comes about $105 a day when taxes are included. That $21 fee is about a 25% surcharge on top of the announced rate. At other resorts you get a great deal for your resort fee. At this one, you don’t get much.

Tripadvisor has given this hotel an excellency award. That speaks very poorly of their award system and you would do well to ignore them when choosing a hotel.

Summarily, this was a very average hotel, especially for workshops.I normally would have given it three stars but I brought it down to two because of the pricing policies.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank jorgemb

Dear jorgemb,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. We appreciate this feedback and are disappointed you did not enjoy your stay. We strive to please all of our guests and we are truly sorry this was not your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

So I'm giving this hotel 4 stars instead of 3 because at the end of our 5 day stay they listened to our complaints and said they would give us a discount. That said...
This hotel has the perfect location to get to any of the Disney world parks because of the transportation service. You hop on a bus and get to the parks and back. It is also located in walking distance to downtown Disney which is a plus if you have days off and need options to eat other than the overprice places at the hotel.
My impression of the hotel is that it was ran down. They have the perfect location why try harder, is what I felt the time we stayed here. In other words it was an average hotel with a great location. For an average hotel I much rather stay at an average hotel nearby that offers free breakfast but maybe those hotels also don't care because they have the perfect location.
Overall the stay was ok but nothing special about it. Of course we didn't come here to enjoy the hotel but to visit the parks. I hope this helps you fellow travelers :)

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Regina M

Dear Regina M,
We would like to thank you for writing about your stay. We appreciate the feedback and want you to know that we do care. We are undergoing a few projects that we feel will help the look of the building. There will be more to follow and hope that you will come back to see what we have done.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed here, previously 2007. The outside of the hotel was being painted so we were told there could be painters outside our window but it wasn't a problem. Hotel is clean and the beds are the comfiest I've ever slept on in a hotel, we remembered them from 2007. Excellent location for Downtown Disney. Carpets were looking a bit worn on our floor (8th) I'd go again, no hesitation

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea H
Kristin W, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Andrea H,
It makes us really happy to hear you love the hotel and are a returning guest. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you come back to visit again.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel was undergoing some outside updates (painting and such) while we were visiting. The room was very cozy and nicely decorated. The beds were comfortable. The shower was amazing...great water pressure. There is also a refrigerator in the room. The pool area was just okay for me, since it appears old looking. I did not like the location of the hot tub, area was to congested. Also there was too many old used towels just lying around on the ground, lounge chairs etc. I thought someone should of been outside taking care of the area. It was nice that you could purchase your Disney admission tickets in the hotel and I also liked the shuttle that was provided at no cost, it was included in the resort fee. Overall, I would stay here again.

Dear RNinparadise2013,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience. The feedback is important to us. It's used as a training tool so we can continue to improve the facility and the service we provide. Thank you for letting us know about the pool towels. We will be certain to share those comments with the appropriate department heads so they can be reviewed and addressed accordingly with our staff. We are delighted you were our guest and look forward to you coming back to visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our conference had great food and coffee. Hotel has fast elevators. Its clean, nothing too fancy.....my room was small, kind of beat up with a cracked sink. Walking distance of many shops in what is refered to as 'Downtown Disney'. Employees friendly!

Room Tip: There is two elevators/section of lower rooms and higher floors. The lower floors have a view of in...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
kwalsh4211, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Dorothy M,
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and conference that was held here. We strive to make sure each of our guests have a positive experience and we are delighted yours was just that. Thank you for being our guest. We hope you come back to see us again real soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just came back from my yearly Disney vacation July 27-29. I've been to this hotel as of today three times. This last time I think will be my last. First, I noticed the exterior of the hotel looks dilapidated with multiple moldy leaks. Self parking is on the farthest side of the hotel in which you have to walk through the convention center to get to your hotel room. So imagine walking 4 miles in magic kingdom to come to your parking and walking another 500 steps to get to your elevator.

Housekeeping: I got back from the park at 3:40pm to find the housekeeping in my room. I was so tired and wanted to shower so bad i had to tell her to come back later, which she never did. I paid for a premium room and for me to get my room cleaned at 3:40pm is pathetic

Pool: looked like it was built in 1950 and the towels they provide are so cheap. Maybe I'm picky, but it looked like they were bought in 1950 when the hotel was built.

My biggest complaint is the ice machine debacle. If your looking to visit Disney with your family and are taking a cooler then you will understand my frustration. They ice machine in my floor was broken, the ice machine on the floor below me smelled putrid, and when I go to concierge they tell me to go to the market on the first floor in which they tell me they did not have an ice machine for guests. Wow
My firework view room with a balcony had plenty of bugs. I recommend going up to the 27th floor to view fireworks then paying for the extra balcony view.

improvements I'd recommend:
replace those nasty rugs
fix on the water leaks from the roof
have front desk inform guests of the amenities like the firework view of the 27th floor
get a slide for the pool.
get new towels that are adult size.

Room Tip: the balcony fireworks view room was full of ants and spiders we ended up going to the 27th floor whi...
2  Thank retro23

Dear retro23,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate the feedback and intend to use it to continue improving the facility and the service we provide. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads to ensure they are reviewed and addressed accordingly. As you witnessed, we are undergoing some enhancements to the building. We are currently in the process of painting and sealing the exterior of the main building and resort building. The interior will be next. As it relates to the room, we want to apologize for it not being cleaned and hope that you were able to bring it to our attention before your departure so we could address it with our room attendant. We are certainly glad you are a return guest and hope that you will consider giving us another chance. We would welcome another opportunity to show you just what our level of service is.