“Great stay for the great price”

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
Ranked #205 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville,Florida
“Great stay for the great price”
Reviewed 6 December 2009

I recently stayed at the Buena Vista Palace for a recent family Disney trip over an extended weekend, and I have to say that I was somewhat impressed at the level of hotel received for what we paid.

As a lifelong Florida resident and Disney fan, I have stayed at most of the hotels on or around Disney property. This hotel is not Disney owned, but is directly across from Downtown Disney. I paid 79 dollars a night with a Florida resident discount, but I think regular price was around 89 or 99 dollars per night, which is still far cheaper than any Disney hotel, and still in an excellent location. This is approximately one fourth what I was going to spend per night, and very close to the level of service I would have received at a premium Disney resort. The only thing I didn’t get was the monorail access from the hotel. Other than that, this hotel has more amenities than most of the Disney hotels I have stayed in.

The pros to this hotel is that the service at the hotel was excellent. All of the employees are very professional, and you feel like you are staying at a hotel that is way more expensive. It is a full service hotel at an economy price. The rooms are quite nice and have a refrigerator. We always bring our own drinks and snacks, and this was nice. The beds and linens are extremely comfortable, and rival many luxury hotels I have stayed at. The hotel is an excellent location, and you can still see the fireworks if you have a resort view (extra twenty dollars or so, but completely worth it if you have kids). The hotel is close enough to civilization that you are not held hostage eating at all Disney restaurants for your entire stay. This hotel is close to a chilis, olive garden, outback, mcdonalds, etc (Crossroads and Outlet area with 2 miles). The hotel has some decent restaurants, but they are a bit pricey. Also, Downtown Disney is across the street, and has Rainforest café, etc and lots of great shopping if you are still in Disney spirit.

The negatives that I experienced while staying at this hotel were minimal, but if I had to find some, here they are. The shower head in my bathroom was broken, but still functional enough for my family to bath. Since we were only in the room for a weekend, it was not worth my time to complain about it. Also, the hotel does have a great bus service to the parks, but it takes a long time to get back to the hotel due to the number of stops picking up and dropping off guests at several of the neighboring hotels from various parks. The second day we decided not to use the bus, and just drove to the park. It was much faster and easier, and we had more self sufficiency overall, although you do have to pay for parking at the park. On a related note, the hotel offers a self parking option, which is nice, but the self parking is a pretty decent walk from the lobby of the hotel. It is not an issue for me, as I usually drop my family off at the lobby and then park the car. However, if you are a single parent with a child, this may not be a viable option, and you may want to valet your car if it is late at night.

Overall, my experience was excellent. I will be staying at this hotel from now on when I visit the magic kingdom. This is easily one of the best kept secrets in the area. I travel to Disney several times a year, and will be staying at this hotel from now on, especially at these rates. It easily rivals most of the hotels on Disney property at a fraction of the cost. I feel like I didn’t have to waste a lot of money, and was able to really enjoy the trip with the savings. This hotel is also extremely safe with a lot of security in the hotel itself, unlike other hotels in this price point. The only thing I would do differently is get an Epcot view, which I did not do on my last trip. I was still able to enjoy the fireworks from my balcony though…

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (977)
England
Reviewed 6 December 2009

The location of and facilities within this hotel should make it a must for anyone who is either arranging conferences or simply planning a vacation/holiday. We were the latter but there were many conferences using the hotel during our stay. The conferences were not intrusive on our visit.

Being just over the road from Downtown Disney was a great bonus and having a Tower room on the 24th floor impressed the children (aged 8 and 10) especially as there was a balcony as well, so looking "over the edge" was a thrill.

The staff were both friendly and helpful (especially the restaurant staff - Angela and Brenda). The rooms were immaculate, although the drawer space was inadequate for 2 adults with 2 children in one room. Security was good. Reception was efficient and couldn't do enough to help.

Promoting Hilton Vacation "timeshares" by their Concierge I found strange but a polite no is suffient to stop that.

Overall we all had a great time and would revisit like a shot.

The special offers that they have, openly promoted on their reservation pages, were superb. And the help from Cheryl when we were considering booking this hotel was invaluable and certainly persuaded us that the Buena Vista Palace Resort and Spa was a good choice.

Florida
Reviewed 3 December 2009

I wish we could have stayed longer! We had a water front view that was awesome. The room was clean & beds were VERY comfortable. We stayed with two children under 7. We had 2 QUEEN size beds- perfect for everyone. There was even a desk so we could work from our room. In the room there was even space for the kids to play. We took a dip in the pool early AM and it was warm, clean and refreshing. Playground was average size and well kept. We plan on going back again soon! It's also close to Downtown Disney :)

Kansas
Reviewed 3 December 2009

The hotel is very nice and has many on site amenities that make vacationing easy. The transportation to Disney was great and the location to Downtown Disney is ideal. The concierge staff was very helpful and always available. We did feel a little neglected by the front desk staff upon check-in, but nothing to ruin our stay. The rooms are adequate and the housekeeping staff does a great job keeping them clean. Thanks for making our short getaway pleasurable!

Manchester
Reviewed 25 November 2009

Just returned from 2 weeks at Buena Vista Palace. Allocated room overlooking the resort grounds. Room great apart from having a connecting door & when guests in next room arrived a couple of hours later, the level of noise that passed through the door, even when talking at a normal level, was very loud.

Next morning asked to be relocated, staff were great and by the afternoon had been moved to room overlooking Downtown Disney (for an extra $10 per night).

No problems with noise this time & the most comfortable bed ever slept in. Balcony could have been kept cleaner though & the refrigerator didn't really get cold but didn't experience any of the musty problems some have mentioned - weather rarely reached 80F and no need for air con so may have helped.

Resort grounds were very nice, though the Island building didn't look as smart as the main building, from the outside at least, and I could have seen me having concerns over security if staying there with some of the ground floor rooms almost on the main road.

Used the mini market most days - very convenient and seemed ok compared to UK prices. Location was fantastic and the main reason we stayed here, with Dowtown Disney a quick (jay)walk away. We did get hassled by Hilton Reps one day in the lobby offering us free breakfast if we took a look at one of the their timeshare properties nearby which we didn't expect/appreciate.

We booked with Virgin Holidays which included the daily resort fee so didn't have to pay for self-parking. The walk from the parking lot is a bit of a trek though, especially if staying in the Island building.

Overall, apart from early issue, really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return, though maybe only in the main building and in a room without a connecting door. In our experience, a match for Disney deluxe properties.

2 Thank MartyMcfly1985
jAcksonville
Reviewed 24 November 2009

would recommend updating spa waiting area, not able to relax comfortably seats too stiff , not cozy
shower - showing wear only handicapped shower was working
however services and personnel highly recommended

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Newfoundland, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2009

My spouse and I returned today from our three night stay as the Buena Vista Palace. We booked our stay through an online travel company and knew nothing about the hotel prior to our stay. The hotel exceeded our expectations and the price was extremely reasonable. They also gave us a $50 voucher ro use at the hotel for fodd, drinks, etc.
The hotel is located a short walk from Downtown Disney or you can take a free shuttle after 6pm and up to 3 am. They also provide free shuttle service to all the other Disney Parks.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Windsor Palms Resort
#7 of 59 in Kissimmee
Regal Palms Resort & Spa
#2 of 13 in Davenport
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,072 reviews

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!