I recently stayed at the Buena Vista Palace for a recent family Disney trip over an extended weekend, and I have to say that I was somewhat impressed at the level of hotel received for what we paid.
As a lifelong Florida resident and Disney fan, I have stayed at most of the hotels on or around Disney property. This hotel is not Disney owned, but is directly across from Downtown Disney. I paid 79 dollars a night with a Florida resident discount, but I think regular price was around 89 or 99 dollars per night, which is still far cheaper than any Disney hotel, and still in an excellent location. This is approximately one fourth what I was going to spend per night, and very close to the level of service I would have received at a premium Disney resort. The only thing I didn’t get was the monorail access from the hotel. Other than that, this hotel has more amenities than most of the Disney hotels I have stayed in.
The pros to this hotel is that the service at the hotel was excellent. All of the employees are very professional, and you feel like you are staying at a hotel that is way more expensive. It is a full service hotel at an economy price. The rooms are quite nice and have a refrigerator. We always bring our own drinks and snacks, and this was nice. The beds and linens are extremely comfortable, and rival many luxury hotels I have stayed at. The hotel is an excellent location, and you can still see the fireworks if you have a resort view (extra twenty dollars or so, but completely worth it if you have kids). The hotel is close enough to civilization that you are not held hostage eating at all Disney restaurants for your entire stay. This hotel is close to a chilis, olive garden, outback, mcdonalds, etc (Crossroads and Outlet area with 2 miles). The hotel has some decent restaurants, but they are a bit pricey. Also, Downtown Disney is across the street, and has Rainforest café, etc and lots of great shopping if you are still in Disney spirit.
The negatives that I experienced while staying at this hotel were minimal, but if I had to find some, here they are. The shower head in my bathroom was broken, but still functional enough for my family to bath. Since we were only in the room for a weekend, it was not worth my time to complain about it. Also, the hotel does have a great bus service to the parks, but it takes a long time to get back to the hotel due to the number of stops picking up and dropping off guests at several of the neighboring hotels from various parks. The second day we decided not to use the bus, and just drove to the park. It was much faster and easier, and we had more self sufficiency overall, although you do have to pay for parking at the park. On a related note, the hotel offers a self parking option, which is nice, but the self parking is a pretty decent walk from the lobby of the hotel. It is not an issue for me, as I usually drop my family off at the lobby and then park the car. However, if you are a single parent with a child, this may not be a viable option, and you may want to valet your car if it is late at night.
Overall, my experience was excellent. I will be staying at this hotel from now on when I visit the magic kingdom. This is easily one of the best kept secrets in the area. I travel to Disney several times a year, and will be staying at this hotel from now on, especially at these rates. It easily rivals most of the hotels on Disney property at a fraction of the cost. I feel like I didn’t have to waste a lot of money, and was able to really enjoy the trip with the savings. This hotel is also extremely safe with a lot of security in the hotel itself, unlike other hotels in this price point. The only thing I would do differently is get an Epcot view, which I did not do on my last trip. I was still able to enjoy the fireworks from my balcony though…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an Orlando resort getaway that ascends above the rest. Soaring 27 stories above the world's favorite destination, Buena Vista Palace is a beautiful resort in the Walt Disney World® Resort just a short walk from Disney Springs™. Guests can enjoy complimentary transportation to Disney Theme Parks and the Disney Springs™ area. Feel the magic the moment you arrive. For work or play, delight in our exclusive amenities, stunning accommodations, and alluring setting. Plus, we're just 25 minutes from downtown Orlando and the Orlando International Airport (MCO). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel And Spa
- Buena Vista Palace Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Palace
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs Florida