Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs
US$276
US$258
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
5,468 results
All reviewsdisney springsisland suiteself parkingpool areacharacter breakfastlazy riversmall balconyclose to downtownepcot fireworksthe buslobby barmagic kingdomshuttle serviceparksbalconiestransportationtheme
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2007

I live in Florida and Have stayed many hotels in most of the larger cities. Buena Vista Palace was above expectations in all aspects. The rooms were beautiful, food good, and the employees were the best. The hotel has everything you could desire, and near all the great entertainment of Orlando. I was there on business but felt like I was on vacation. I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank RJB2702
Reviewed 30 June 2007

I stayed at the Buena Vista Palace for a week in June 2007 - I'll cut to the chase, here are the problems:

1) Hotel is currently being refurbished, there is a serious amount of construction work in progress - the lobby entrance is completely closed and the side entrance by the convention center is being used instead. Te entire ground floor is either very out of date (this will
be a long job) or a construction site - a small area is done - the reception desk.

2) They gave me a room by the elevators (not too noisy) but it had an adjoining door to the next room, all was fine until a family with a screaming kid moved in and it was literally like being in the same room - I got back at 1.30am and it was rediculous - the screaming kid
and the parents were even worse - I had to go down to the front desk at 1.45am and ask for another room, waited on line for 20 mins (at 2am!) and then it was like they were doing me a huge favour and would
only give me another room with an adjoining door and made it
difficult insisting I return the key cards to the first room ect - I was running up and down to the front desk and waiting on line screwing around for about and hour and and had to pack and unpack everyting.

3) the air conditioning was terrible - the room was very hot even on maximum, nothing could cool it down.

4) The 'high speed' internet connection in the room was expensive (wayport) at $70 for the week and the speed was under 300k! I think this is even below what is considered broadband - it was constantly slow (I did speed checks) - by comparison I had just come from ahotel
in Boston where is was 5mbps - Buena Vista then was less than 1/10th the speed and much more expensive.

5) The bathroom extractor fan did not work.

6) I discovered a few small sized black cockroaches in the room.

7) the self park is a long way from the hotel entrance, there is a small car park close by but it was always full.

There were good points, the rooms were refurbished and nicely designed, the hotel was a great position for Downtown Disney and the bell and valet staff were very friendly and helpful.

Would I stay there again - absolutely not.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank megalaser
Reviewed 29 June 2007

The location was great as we were right across the street from Downtown Disney. Also, International Dr. was only a 3-4 min. drive, therefore, we had everything we needed without having to drive forever. The room was great. I love the granite sinks, the water pressure was great, the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was big, the balcony was a plus, etc. The staff was friendly and helpful, the pool was very relaxing, and there were enough lounge chairs for everyone. The only bad part is that the food is pretty expensive, but I have yet to find a hotel/resort that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for food.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank vivian3553
Reviewed 27 June 2007

This hotel is great!!! The booking thu their website is very easy and
also when you get to the hotel the checking is easy and fast. The rooms are spotless, totaly renovated and very well decorated with plasma tv and modern furniture. The pool is open 24 hours and this is
a plus because it does not matter at what time you come back from the
parks you can go to the jacuzi and relax. Kids can do the same and the all pools are temperated at a very nice level. This experience made me feel like brand new again.

Breakfast with Disney characters is so much fun and kids enjoy taking
pictures, hanging with Pluto and having fun while they have a great breakfast.

The service is perfect, all staff is peniding on you all the time. They are very helpful giving directions and making you feel pampered.
I keep coming back to this hotel every time I come to Orlando Area because is one of the nicest ones.

I forget to mention that the location is a big Plus. You only have to cross the street and you are in Downtown Disney, no driving, no trafic... Just a pleasant walk....

My personal experience here is better every time and I definetely recomended this hotel to everyone who wants to have a perfect vacation in Disney!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Danielle007
Reviewed 27 June 2007

I stayed 3 nights for a convention in mid June, 2007. The construction of the lobby means going around the whole of the 3rd floor to check in and out. The meeting facilities are very nice and comfortable.

The "Island" rooms are quite a distance from the main building and far too "round about." I had to go down an elevator to the first floor, through most of the building, outside, across a courtyard, then around the building past the parking lot where the shuttles are, across a covered bridge and to the farthest side of the Island building. My room overlooked the employee parking lot and I could see and hear International Blvd.
I could hear my neighbors' conversation through the connecting door.

There were no hangers in the closet when I got there, and I never had a coffee cup in the room, only water glasses. Housekeeping was spotty: very fast service when I called for hangers and asked for a "do not disturb sign," but they left a candy wrapper in plain view on the second bed one day.

I was not allowed to order "to go" from the Outback restaurant - room service, only. $85 for a single rib-eye steak, vegetables, salad, and a pitcher of tea. Good food, though.

The Sandwich shop is expensive, but fairly well stocked. $3 (20 ounce) sodas plus a very generous chicken salad cost $13. I was told that a gallon of coffee for the meetings cost $80.

I did appreciate the coffee pot, the refrigerator, the private balcony with 2 comfortable chairs, and the very comfortable bed and bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business