“It's just...ok”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pasadena, Maryland
“It's just...ok”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I'm not trying to sound picky or indifferent about it! It's not a bad hotel, great location!!
It just didn't WOW me!! Like the Renaissance sea world did!! We did four night at the holiday inn and four at the Ren.!!
The service was...ok? I asked where the ice machines were and walked around looking for them because I was told they're "right by the elevator on the odds floors" so I looked and looked and final found it...opposite corner from the elevator!!! Know your hotel...desk guy!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank joshua m
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear joshua m,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear you say "But over all it was a pleasant experience...the pool was nice! The hotel was very clean! And as a whole the staff was excellent!!"

I am sorry to hear that you were missed informed of the location of the ice machine, I will personally follow up to ensure all front desk agents know the proper location.

Regards,
Pablo Criado
Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (864)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Booked a last minute 1 night stay for a night out at down town disney. We chose simply for location. The hotel is spotlessly clean. The room was a decent size. Great view of DTD. The food we had poolside was delicious and nothing was too much trouble. The pool however not being heated took a brave person to enter. All in all great location. Clean and great service. I would go back.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Princesskathmc
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Princesskathmc,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, we are delighted to hear you say "The hotel is spotlessly clean." I will have our engineering team check out our pool temperature as it is heated but may need to be adjusted.

Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed for four nights. The first night we were given a handicapped room on the first floor. We went back to the desk and requested a room change, but there was nothing available. (March Madness might have been a factor.) Gary at the desk suggested we come back the next morning around check out time and see if we could be moved. They were able to move us to a regular room on the twelth floor the next day. We were given a free breakfast for our trouble, plus drink tickets for the bar. The hotel looks like it's been recently remodeled and does not have that terrible "hotel" smell (probably some type of cleaning product hotels use to get rid of old smoke smell). Everything was very clean and "fresh" looking.
The negative things I have to say are minor-- 1) the public computer (only one is hooked up to the printer) near the bar that I used to print off my airline boarding pass was super slow! It took me an hour to print off two boarding passes 2) the air conditioning vent in the room blew directly at the bed 3) the vanity top in the bathroom was very small.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mks61754
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear mks61754,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, we are delighted to hear you say "Everything was very clean and "fresh" looking. " I'm glad to hear Gary was able to assist with your room move to make your stay more enjoyable.

We are working on fixing the issues with the complimentary computers, in the mean time we have turned one of our front desk computers into another work station for guests to use.

Florida
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have been to this hotel several times including right after the remodel several years ago. The hotel is decent but definitely showing wear and tear. I hope the management sees the need to keep on maintenance because this hotel can quickly drop in ratings if it is not improved. First impression walking into the lobby was the front desk was friendly and the lobby was well maintained. The room had beds were nicely prepared but the walls showed signs of scratches from luggage and the carpet was slightly stained. One of the duvets has a slight stain and both beds did not match, the clock did not have the right time. Overall, the stay over the weekend was pleasant. Convenient to a lot of different restaurants and Downtown Disney.

Room Tip: If you do not want a noise, stay away from the pool area.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear RBabe,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear you say "First impression walking into the lobby was the front desk was friendly and the lobby was well maintained."

It is disappointing to both me and other members of the management staff that your feel our rooms are showing signs of wear and tear. It is of the utmost importance of all members of the team that we keep the hotel looking fresh and new. I will be sure that the issues you mentioned are addressed.

On your next visit to Orlando please feel free to contact me directly so I can ensure a positive stay for you, pablo.criado@ihg.com

Regards,
Pablo Criado
Director of Rooms
Butner, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have nothing but positive things to say about this hotel. I chose it because it had shuttles to Disney without the fees of the Disney resorts. I wasn't disappointed because the shuttles were on time and hassle free. But there were so many other positives. Great location - easy 10 minute walk to Downtown Disney one way and to shops and restaurants the other way. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The pool is large and I loved that you could just walk right in from 2 ends. The hot tub was very relaxing. There are 2 stores, a restaurant, and a bar on the premises, and It was nice to be able to buy Disney tickets at the hotel. I was sick one day and stayed in the room all day, and it was nice and quiet. The beds were very comfortable, and the room was large and clean. The balcony was a nice touch too. I will definitely stay here again when at Disney!!!!!

Room Tip: get one as high as possible for the view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carol M
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Carol M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, we are delighted to hear you say "I have nothing but positive things to say about this hotel." I'm sorry to hear you were sick during the stay but am glad to hear you were able to get rest and enjoy the rest of your vacation.

New Jersey
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a whole week with my husband while we were visiting Disney World and Universal Studios. We stayed on the second floor, in a king size room and it was nice. We had a view of the pool, a larger bathroom, and a small couch. Again, it wasn't five star but it was good for what we needed. We were about a 5-10 minute walk to Downtown Disney, and we walked there a few times it was quiet nice.
We got the rate with breakfast which we used every day and had a wide selection. Omelette station, eggs, bacon, yogurt, waffles. You do get seated at a table and a waiter/waitress will take your order for drinks so it's handy to bring a few singles down with you to tip them. We also once had dinner down there, and the food was delicious and the service was great. Zelly was awesome so shout out to her!
The thing that were were nervous about was the transportation to the parks, and it was actually quiet easy. The buses run on the half hour starting about an hour before the parks open and normally end an hour or two after the park closes. You literally walk outside and slightly to the right and wait and a bus comes. Everyone is really friendly and helpfully. Also when it came to Universal we took a cab the two days we did that and it was also easy. There were cabs that would hang out at the hotel and it was about a 15-20 minute drive. Also easy to get cabs back to the hotel at night as well.
Overall, this hotel was great for what we needed. A clean, place to sleep while being out at the parks all day. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ashley M
Dear Ashley A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, we are delighted to hear you say "Everyone is really friendly and helpfully." I'll be sure Zelly is recognized for her superior service.

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this location because I was looking for a reasonably valuable alternative to Disney resort locations. We don't live far from here but I wanted to make sure I and my family felt like we would be on vacation while we visited Disney parks for four days instead of driving back and forth for an hour each way.

Anyway, this location will not disappoint. They quickly took care of any issue I had during the stay. I felt like a valued guest and I commend the staff and management in providing great service and appreciating that we stayed in their hotel. I have really enjoyed staying with IHG hotels as their standards are and have improved dramatically.

To be honest, the folks that leave lower than higher remarks for this location are simply not satisfied with anything.

As far as clean, the hotel is very clean. They've renovated this hotel very nicely after the nasty hurricane year we had a few years ago.

If you stay pool side, yes, you'll hear noise, but what do you expect? Silent swimmers having a good time? There were some rowdy kids one night but the staff did address it when I was becoming annoying.

Food was good for breakfast, make sure you prepay if not included in your rate. I did not eat there other than breakfast so I cannot comment on other meals.

Bar was great for some adult down time.

Disney store was nice and had many items, snack store was well stocked if needed.

I highly recommend this place, you will not be disappointed if you are looking for value (this is not the Grand Floridian) but it is a wonderful location and stay!

Stayed March 2014
4 Thank runfarandfast
Dear runfarandfast,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, we are delighted to hear you say " this location will not disappoint."