“Best Vacation EVER!”

Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Ranked #24 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling from anywhere! We had such a great time during our week with them that by the end, the staff felt like family. The restaurant was wonderful as was the gift shop and the ticket sales desk. Our room was very clean, cool, and comfortable. There was one night that my husband and I needed to go to a convenience store and asked Christina at the front desk if she could call us a cab. She not only called us a cab, but she called the car service that we had been using all week because she knew we preferred them. While talking with us, she realized that the gift shop in the hotel had the item we needed, just a little more expensive. When she calculated how much we would have spent on a car service versus shopping in the gift shop, she canceled the car service for us. Another fantastic experience we had was with one of the valets named Darren, My son is rather high strung. He has ADHD and sometimes gets his mind set on something and won't stop until he has accomplished that task. Darren saw this and was more than happy to answer all 6000 questions my son had for him everyday! He also told him stories about local wildlife and what it is like living in Florida. As a parent, this made me so very happy. The entire valet staff was always willing to lend a hand, give advice, and even give you an ice cold water while you waited for various shuttle buses and car services. I would not be giving a proper review if I did not mention 2 folks at the restaurant who went above and beyond to make our experience great. Amelia and Said were wonderful!! The pool was always warm and clean. There were always pool towels available, no matter how busy the hotel was. The housekeeping staff were stellar. The hotel was always top notch clean but they were like ninjas. You just never saw them. I would not have minded if I did, but they got their job done and the entire hotel just shined! When we go back in the future, I plan to stay here. I will recommend this hotel to all of my family and friends and anyone else that will listen! I am one very satisfied vacationer, as is the rest of my family!

Room Tip: I would ask for a balcony room for sure. If you sign up for Holiday Inn Rewards, they will upgrade y...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurie D
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Laurie D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say " would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling from anywhere! We had such a great time during our week with them that by the end, the staff felt like family." I will be sure Christina, Darren, Amelia and Said are recognized for going above and beyond.

Director of Sales

Write a ReviewReviews (3,721)

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This staff is amazing!!! With the exception of one staff member who checked us in, this place is full of the friendliest, most accommodating people ever!!!! The room was clean, room 711, we are currently on the balcony viewing the Epcot fireworks! We had drinks and an appetizer at the hotel bar (big shout out to Charlotte and Manolo for a great time!) followed by dinner at the hotel restaurant (another shout out to Matt who literally RAN to get a drink when he noticed it was empty and worked do hard). The valet guys were so kind, always welcoming us back when we just walked to the car (particularly Paul, who was remarkably kind)! I'd stay here again in a heartbeat just for the great people who work here!!!!

Dear Kristin R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear your say "This staff is amazing!!!" I'll be sure Charlotte, Manolo, Matt and Paul are recognized for their outstanding customer service.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had a lovely time here. I called the front desk a day before, explained our vacation was for my partner's birthday & how excited we were!

We arrived the next day and were greeted by friendly & smiling staff. The front desk representative, CHRISTINA was incredibly helpful, funny & kind. We arrived 3 hrs. before check in, but she got us a room ready in 30 minutes.

I opened the door to our room..YES! Holiday Inn for the win!

They had 3 balloons, a birthday pin to Disney World & a birthday card. This was so touching & sweet.

IMANE served us for breakfast each morning. She was friendly, efficient, warm and fabulous. She remembered our order of coffee & orange juice every morning, too! She really made our day.

I am a vegan & they had enough fruit to feel satisfied. I would like to see more greens or veggies for breakfast. Buffet options are:
Eggs, meats, sweet rolls, oatmeal, cream of wheat, cereal, waffles, pineapples, watermelon, cantaloupe, melons & omelets.

Shuttles are available to downtown disney & the Disneyworld theme parks. If you miss a bus to downtown disney, just walk. It's an easy walk. I walked it in heels;)

I definitely recommend Holiday Inn. The staff and front desk are incredibly warm, welcoming and kind! We had a wonderful time here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Amira F
GuestServices1805, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Amira F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are so happy that we were able to make a difference and your partner had a memorable welcome for her birthday trip. Thank you for recognizing Christina and Imane, they will be happy to know you did by saying " She remembered our order of coffee & orange juice every morning, too! She really made our day." We hope you get to come back soon! We will welcome you with open arms.

Veronica Blanco, Sales Manager

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I had my wedding at the Holiday Inn Orlando Lake Buena Vista this past weekend. I was pleasantly wowed by the service of all the planning and coordinating. Keena and Sara were both beyond helpful and knowledgable and did skip a beat. Drevis who is the Banquet Manager was there through my entire event and was in top of it. I chose to have Latin food for my reception and I must say all my guest were impressed and thought it was all amazing. I did not get the chefs name but she is magnificent. If you are looking to have a simple yet elegant wedding without breaking the bank and being on a budget you should check out the Holiday Inn. They also give you a complimentary room for your wedding night and even the room was very cozy and comfortable. I would recommend 100%. Thank you.

1  Thank elly06513
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Elizabeth C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your wedding. We are so honored we got to host your special day. I'm delighted to hear that Keena, Sara and Drevis were able to make all your dreams come true.

On behalf of the entire team we would like to congratulate you and your husband and we wish you a life time of happiness!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was our 5th visit at the Holiday Inn at Downtown Disney ! Again it was awesome! It is almost like our home away from home now! Even though we thought it is impossible to get any better , they still were able to improve their service! Unbelieveable ! A lot of improvement at the menues of the Palm Breeze Restaurant and the Bar. Of course it is still the staff, that is the soul of this hotel! Never have I experienced such friendly, caring and loveable Hotel staff at my travels. They are ALL great! From Housekeeping to the Food& Beverage Manager, from Bell Boys to Front Desk everybody is doing a great job and always " walk the extra mile" to help making the stay the most convenient and happy experience ! Special " Thank you " to Imane, Amalia, Said, Paul & Spencer! See you soon!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank King of T
GuestServices1805, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear King of T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "Even though we thought it is impossible to get any better , they still were able to improve their service! Unbelieveable ! "

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family and I had the chance to enjoy a very pleasant dinner at the Lake Buena Vista Holiday Inn. We stopped in as wanted to see if this would be a nice place to stay at for future Disney Trips.

Our dinner was excellent and I wanted to note the service was just perfect. Our server, Charlotte knew the menu well, had some good recommendations and provided just the right level of service. We were also greeted by Kelly who introduced herself as the restaurant supervisor. Perhaps because it is a resort hotel, the staff there seemed to take extra steps to be friendly, interested in how our trip was going, and just seemed glad to be of help. You could tell that they had a real interest in their guests and that is why I thought it would be appropriate to say how much we appreciated their service.

Dinner was excellent, steak and chicken dishes were prepared just right and and we thought a good value. The atmosphere is really interesting, being in the atrium makes for a unique dining experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gatermike

Dear

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your visit to our hotel for dinner. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "Overall the facility was very nice, the food excellent, but it was the very nice and accommodating people who work there that made our dinner there such a pleasant experience. We will definitely be back and next time to stay as guests."

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel was awesome it was very close to downtown disney the staff was very nice specially Chris c. The hotel has very beautiful swimming pool the hotel is in a very nice location
The disney store was also very nice
It was easy to catch shuttles for animal kingdom ,magic kingdom,Epcot.hollywood studios. The room featured a nice view

Dear shevangae,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "The hotel was awesome it was very close to downtown disney the staff was very nice specially Chris c.