“One of the Best Hotel experiences”

Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Ranked #31 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“One of the Best Hotel experiences”
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I stayed at the Holiday Inn from August 24 through August 28 with my three children. I read other reviews on Trip Advisor prior to staying so I was expecting good things. The hotel and its staff did not let us down. We had an excellent experience. Check in was a breeze. The room was immaculate and comfortable. It had a nice size fridge which is not mentioned on their website, but was a nice amenity. The hotel has only been open for 6 months and everything is brand new. The beds were very comfortable. The room was very quiet, as we could hear no other hotel guests when in the room. Granted, the hotel was relatively empty because of the time of year, but it still seems as if it would be quiet during more crowded times.

Being a Holiday Inn, children eat free with a paying adult. This meant for all meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner. I actually felt bad sitting down to a meal and not having to pay for anything but my meal. The service in the restaurant was great. The food was also excellent. My children loved all of the menu selections. There were nice options of substituting veggies or fruit salad as a side instead of always having fries. The adult fare was just as good. It was nice to be in a place like Orlando, where you expect to be eating a lot of burgers and greasy park food, to sit down and have healthy and delicious food. The restaurant is in the main lobby which is open to the interior of the hotel. You look up 14 floors to the glass pyramid at the top. You can also see the two glass enclosed elevators making their way up and down.

The hotel has great facilities. There was a grab-n-go snack area which had basic quick selections like yogurt, muffins and pre-made sandwiches, in addition to a coffee station and other drinks. There was what looked like a very nice bar that was open any time we passed by it, but I didn't get to utilize it being with three children. There was also a Disney gift shop. However, it was undergoing renovations while we were there and was closed the entire time. I would have liked to see its contents, but then felt like it was a blessing in disguise because I didn't have my children walking by it each day asking to look around.

The pool facility was excellent and very relaxing. I saw another post saying it was too small. I cannot see anyone calling this pool too small. It is a great size. Landscaping is beautiful and there is ample seating around the pool. Music was playing at all times which I enjoyed. It was never too loud and I loved whatever selections were played. There is also a hot tub next to the pool - very relaxing.

The one negative thing I have to comment on is the mandatory $10 per day parking fee. I knew about the fee prior to checking in, but it still seemed like a rip off. The parking lot was empty, but they had the bulk of the spots near the main entrance coned off for valet parking which comes at a $16 per day price tag. I just factored the daily parking fee into the price of the room for the night, and I felt the hotel was still a very good value for the price I paid.

All in all, we all loved this hotel. My children said it was the best hotel they have stayed at. I have already told several people about our stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good value in Orlando. I know it doesn't come with the perk of Extra Magic Hours, but it did have free shuttles to all Disney parks. We did not use them as we tried out Universal Studios on this trip. Even though the rides at Universal are excellent, we definitely missed the "Disney magic".

I would stay at this hotel on our next trip to Orlando hands down, no questions asked.

1 Thank Joanfd
Claudine B, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area, responded to this review, 16 March 2016
Dear Joanfd,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "The hotel and its staff did not let us down."

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Boston
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my friend during a 3-day trip to Disney in August. The rate was great and the hotel was clean. The staff at this hotel is quite friendly... we missed the elevator on the way to our rooms and one staff member saw that we seemed lost... she walked us to theelevator and up to our rooms. This actually stuck with us because we would have been perfectly content if she pointed us to the elevator and walked her merry way. A very nice way to start our weekend.

The location is great, but we were only in town for a few nights so couldn't take advantage of the nightlife in Downtown. We used the hotel just to sleep for the nights we were there.

The hotel offers a buffet breakfast on weekends (about $15pp) which is quite convenient if you have to head out fast. But I found the options limited...and was really surprised that not even a glass of juice was included at this price.

We had dinner at the restaurant once because of a rainstorm... we had the free range chicken. I expected the food to be terrible hotel food... and so was pleasntly surprised when it as actually good. Not the best meal I've had, but for the price, the quality was good.

The only *minor* negative was that the place itself was really bland, especially for a hotel located in the center of the "magic" of Disney and other theme parks. I realize that they have to cater to both leisure and business travellers, but the overall feel was too business-like for me as a leisure traveller. The walls are all beige and cream...very boring. I wouldn't liek to stay here if travelling with kids for Disney because I feel like it "dials down" the fantasy that all these parks work so hard to create. I wouldn't mind staying here for business, but for leisure, I'd look for something a bit more cheery.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank twinky211
Dear twinky211,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say " The rate was great and the hotel was clean. The staff at this hotel is quite friendly."

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2010

This was our first stay at this newly renovated and re-opened Holiday Inn, which is located on Disney property. It is very convenient to Disney attractions. Downtown Disney is a 2-minute car ride/10-minute walk. To our surprise, the hotel provided free Disney buses to all theme parks. Each night we returned to a spacious, comfortable and tastefully decorated room. The beds are among the best hotel beds we've ever slept in. And it's quiet: no kids running down the hallways at all hours. The front desk staff was very welcoming, friendly, and consistently helpful. Our room featured free Internet (wireless in the lobby; a connector is in the room). We also enjoyed the refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, and flat screen TV. The outdoor hotel pool is huge.

Our only criticisms were minor. First, the hotel charges $10 per day for parking. When we asked why, one of the managers told us that since Disney owns the building and the land (it's actually on Disney property), Disney requires the daily parking fee. Second, the hot water dribbled out of the sink faucet in our 8th floor room. The shower, however, was perfect and produced plenty of hot water.

When we are not able to stay in a Disney-themed hotel, we will return to this Holiday Inn. The convenient location, quiet, comfortable room, friendly staff, and free buses to the theme parks won us over.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pogitraveler
Dear pogitraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "The convenient location, quiet, comfortable room, friendly staff, and free buses to the theme parks won us over."

Alberta
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We stayed for 8 nights. The hotel is located 5 min to downtown disney and 5 min to restaurants and grocery store. Rooms we very clean, quiet, well maintained. The staff were awsome. The bus service was very good for a non-disney resort. Always on time, helpful and friendly drivers. We had a tough time getting to Typhoon Lagoon after 11:00am(but that was it). Had great sleeps in the nice beds. I would recommend this hotel anytime.

Dear JunksterAlberta,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "Rooms we very clean, quiet, well maintained. The staff were awsome."

Orangeville, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2010

This hotel is very clean, located close to disney world and had excellent staff.
It was brand new and looked very nice, bed was comfortable, room was a little on the small side, especially closet, however the excellent service, ammenities, balcony, and location far make up for it by far.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting good value and hospitality in orlando
Ron & Jenni Gaffarena

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear jennicat,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "This hotel is very clean, ... and had excellent staff."

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Just about to leave hotel after 16 days (24th August) at Holiday Inn - Rooms #503/502.
Phoned ahead and asked for rooms next door to each other. Had 2 families, 3 adults, 3 kids - 16,12,11. Great service and very good staff, always friendly and always around to help. Been to a lot of hotels in America over the last 20 years and this is up there in my top 3. Rooms also a decent size and all close to Disney. Bus picks up outside for all the disney parks. Would stay again but will book direct instead of online agent.

Dear jefnail,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say "Great service and very good staff, always friendly and always around to help."

Pittsburgh
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn/Downtown Disney for 2 days nights before moving to a larger villa for the remainder of our Orlando vacation. Our rate was $99 a night plus $10 per night for parking which I feel is ridiculous that you have to pay to self park (valet parking was $16). From the time we checked in (9 pm) until the time we checked out 2 days later (late check out of 2:00 p.m.) our stay was perfect. Rooms were fantastic, staff was courteous and the view of downtown Disney from our outside balcony was fantastic! We are platinum priority club members and this is the only downfall of our stay. Even though we were given a complimentary upgrade from poolview room to a Downtown Disney view room NOTHING else was offered to us even with our status. We still had to pay for parking, we received no "treats" when we checked in and received NO complimentary breakfast for any of us on any day we stayed which we have NEVER experienced in any of our Holiday Inn stays. When we returned home from our vacation we received a call from the hotel asking us how our stay was and I did explain to the manager my concerns over not receiving any perks as a priority club members with platinum status. He assured me that they are in fact working on those issues and hope to institute them sometime in the near future! I was happy to hear that! We ate in the restaurant both mornings (buffet) and found the food to be fresh and well prepared. Also, we enjoyed the outdoor pool before checking out (did receive a late checkout because of priority club!) and found the pool to be quite lovely and in great working condition. Our room was extremely clean and very large with 2 queen beds. We would definately stay here again and would recommend it to anyone!

Dear dontstayathome,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you say " We would definately stay here again and would recommend it to anyone!"