I stayed at the Holiday Inn from August 24 through August 28 with my three children. I read other reviews on Trip Advisor prior to staying so I was expecting good things. The hotel and its staff did not let us down. We had an excellent experience. Check in was a breeze. The room was immaculate and comfortable. It had a nice size fridge which is not mentioned on their website, but was a nice amenity. The hotel has only been open for 6 months and everything is brand new. The beds were very comfortable. The room was very quiet, as we could hear no other hotel guests when in the room. Granted, the hotel was relatively empty because of the time of year, but it still seems as if it would be quiet during more crowded times.
Being a Holiday Inn, children eat free with a paying adult. This meant for all meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner. I actually felt bad sitting down to a meal and not having to pay for anything but my meal. The service in the restaurant was great. The food was also excellent. My children loved all of the menu selections. There were nice options of substituting veggies or fruit salad as a side instead of always having fries. The adult fare was just as good. It was nice to be in a place like Orlando, where you expect to be eating a lot of burgers and greasy park food, to sit down and have healthy and delicious food. The restaurant is in the main lobby which is open to the interior of the hotel. You look up 14 floors to the glass pyramid at the top. You can also see the two glass enclosed elevators making their way up and down.
The hotel has great facilities. There was a grab-n-go snack area which had basic quick selections like yogurt, muffins and pre-made sandwiches, in addition to a coffee station and other drinks. There was what looked like a very nice bar that was open any time we passed by it, but I didn't get to utilize it being with three children. There was also a Disney gift shop. However, it was undergoing renovations while we were there and was closed the entire time. I would have liked to see its contents, but then felt like it was a blessing in disguise because I didn't have my children walking by it each day asking to look around.
The pool facility was excellent and very relaxing. I saw another post saying it was too small. I cannot see anyone calling this pool too small. It is a great size. Landscaping is beautiful and there is ample seating around the pool. Music was playing at all times which I enjoyed. It was never too loud and I loved whatever selections were played. There is also a hot tub next to the pool - very relaxing.
The one negative thing I have to comment on is the mandatory $10 per day parking fee. I knew about the fee prior to checking in, but it still seemed like a rip off. The parking lot was empty, but they had the bulk of the spots near the main entrance coned off for valet parking which comes at a $16 per day price tag. I just factored the daily parking fee into the price of the room for the night, and I felt the hotel was still a very good value for the price I paid.
All in all, we all loved this hotel. My children said it was the best hotel they have stayed at. I have already told several people about our stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good value in Orlando. I know it doesn't come with the perk of Extra Magic Hours, but it did have free shuttles to all Disney parks. We did not use them as we tried out Universal Studios on this trip. Even though the rides at Universal are excellent, we definitely missed the "Disney magic".
I would stay at this hotel on our next trip to Orlando hands down, no questions asked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Springs Area. Located in the Walt Disney World Resort, within walking distance to Disney Springs Area we offer the perfect place to stay during your vacation to Walt Disney World. With deluxe rooms, lobby and relaxing pool you are sure to enjoy the comfort and convenience of our charming Orlando hotel. Whether you are in town for a weekend getaway, destination wedding or family vacation, our hotel in Lake Buena Vista puts you in the center of it all. We are conveniently located to several Orlando attractions, golf courses and shopping. If you're in Orlando on business, feel free to utilize our 8 different meeting rooms with space for up to 500 guests. During your vacation, enjoy our choice Orlando hotel amenities, which include free high-speed Internet access, a delicious on-site restaurant and lounge, Bath and Body Works bath amenities in every bathroom a zero-entry pool and nightly specials for kids and kids at heart. Check out our award winning hotel room deals and make your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn - In The Walt Disney World Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area Florida
- Orlando Holiday Inn