Last week of September to first week of October 2011(sorry this review is late) I stayed at Disney's Caribbean Beach resort for two weeks with some friends.
It was a great stay! Earlier this year I stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and I have to say - for the cost difference Stay in a Moderate resort!
Lets be honest for most of your trip you are going to be out .. So the amount of time you spend is not very much. However, even if it is, Caribbean Beach was beautiful!
Here's the breakdown...
Its a spacious resort - sprawling over much land - with a made made beach in the centre. The walking paths are gorgeous. Each block of rooms has their own pool and beach area with hammocks for relaxing. (you can not swim in the water - although many did anyway, I wouldn't recommend it!).
You truly felt like you were away on an all inclusive type resort.
The rooms area good size, the beds comfortable. Dated decor in my opinion, but everything was in good working order and clean... so that was the most important part.
We did not eat at the restaurant on site, but we did utilize the market place for snacks and drinks. I was very pleased. All in all, Disney has tons of amazing restaurants so I would recommend checking out all the options first. (ie Polynesian resort has Kona Cafe and O'hana - both spectacular)
Distance to Parks:
This resort is really well placed to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
The longest shuttle ride is to Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom is not too bad.
All in all, nothing to worry about here.
So unfortunately the same problem I had with my first trip in June - reared its ugly head with the front desk during check in. This older woman(Nancy), who clearly hates her job or people in general... made check in anything but magical. However, i'm am (and was) determined to not let that ruin our entire experience. Most of the other staff was pleasant... only a few pot holes here.
We took advantage of the free dining plan deal (where if you stay on disney and get at least a two day park pass - you get a free dining plan 1 snack, 1 quick service and 1 table service daily)
This is a great opportunity to test drive the dining plan. In short TOTALLY WORTH IT! Having experienced this I strongly recommend it - even if you pay the $40 (approx.) per day.
Here are the table service restaurants we ate at:
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Wilderness Lodge Resort - Very Good BBQ - fun family place
Mama Melrose Hollywood Studios not bad
1900 Park Fare Grand Floridian - character dining - food is buffet. Buffet Quality.
Chef de France Epcot - Good! Busy, Family Atmosphere
Tappenedo Epcot - Yummy, healthy and a great experience
Le Cellier Epcot - Steak! Very good
O'hana Polynesian Resort - Amazing. Family style restaurant... love this one
Kona Cafe Polynesian Resort - Amazing. Best meal of my life there (Tuna Oscar)
Yachtsman Steakhouse Grand Floridian Resort - Steak Steak and more Steak! Yum
Le Hacienda de San Angel Epcot - Fantastic Mexican Restaurant... Will definitely return!
The Wave Contemporary Resort - Great service, nice relaxing atmosphere - food was good.
As for my favourite Quick Service Restaurants:
Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney - blew my mind! No hot dogs here!
Earl of Sandwich - Downtown Disney If you miss this one you are really missing out! It's a MUST.
Must do Snacks:
Magic Kingdom Baker on Main Street - has many larger than life treats (like their cinnamon buns or Apple Turnovers)
Animal Kingdom had an amazing Jalapeno Cheddar Pretzel. So good!
Epcot France Pavilion has an amazing Napoleon you just have to make room for!
I'm headed back to disney Sept 2012 staying at the Coronado Springs Resort. I'll be sure to fill you in on this other Moderate option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise built around 45-acre Barefoot Bay, this Resort hotel brings the Islands to you with swaying palm trees, white-sand beaches and colonial architecture. Six villages-Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica-host colorful Guest rooms, some pirate-themed! "Island-hop" as you explore 200 lushly landscaped acres, or simply enjoy lazy days soaking up the sun in a hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Florida
- Disney Carribean Resort
- Disney World Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney Carribean Beach
- Disney Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disney Caribbean Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Disney
- Caribbean Beach Resort Orlando