This was our 2nd stay at this resort. We enjoyed our first stay 10 years ago. We did not enjoy this stay. We selected a pirate themed room. It is an extra charge due to the special bed and furniture, however, there were so many drawbacks, this should not have cost extra. These rooms are in South Trinidad which is the furthest from the central main buildings. The beds were terrible- a normal set of box springs topped with what can only be described as a half-thickness mattress (slightly thicker than a futon mattress). Not comfortable at all.
The dresser had a busted drawer with sand in it. The barrel contained a refrigerator with a sign indicating it was not to be plugged in yet it was plugged in. It was not cold. Advertised as a room with a refrigerator yet one was not available.
The washcloths in the room were initially great but replacements were stained and worn. My in-laws were also at the resort and had the same issues.
We were there during the week of Thanksgiving. The buses were always full before arriving at our stop. When we did get on, it was often standing room only was difficult to do with a 2 year old.
Check-in was terrible. We had a delayed flight causing us to arrive in Orlando at 1130 PM. We arrived at the resort shortly after midnight with 4 other families. We were not checked in until after 1 AM. Several workers milled about while 3 dealt with checkins. The clerks had lots of problems with the computer system. It took multiple attempts for room cards to be printed. The magic bands also seemed to cause the other groups problems with checkin. As our room was so far from the custom house, they indicated valet services would take us to our room. The valet seemed annoyed as he had multiple families to transport.
On checkout, Disney required we leave 3 hours prior to our scheduled flight if using the Magical Express. Our flight was at 7:55 AM so we were to be at the custom house by 4:55. Again, we needed to move luggage and 2 small kids to the custom house before the internal bus system started. This meant we needed the valet yet again so our time out of the room moved to 4:15 so we could be certain to hit the custom house on time - it takes minutes by car so we waited at the custom house for 30 minutes and at airport for more than 2 hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise built around 45-acre Barefoot Bay, this Resort hotel brings the Islands to you with swaying palm trees, white-sand beaches and colonial architecture. Six villages-Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica-host colorful Guest rooms, some pirate-themed! "Island-hop" as you explore 200 lushly landscaped acres, or simply enjoy lazy days soaking up the sun in a hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Florida
- Disney Carribean Resort
- Disney World Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney Carribean Beach
- Disney Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disney Caribbean Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Disney
- Caribbean Beach Resort Orlando