Other Trip Advisor reviews gave us a bit of trepidation about staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort, but we decided to give it a shot since the reported pluses seemed to beat out the minuses and we had a great price. It is true, the place is HUGE. Staying in one of the far buildings would in fact, suck. We asked for a building close to the Old Port Royale, and received a room in Jamaica, a short walk from everywhere.
The room itself could really use a complete rehab. It was clean, but the carpet was ripped, there were water stains on the ceiling, and it was a bit worn. On the plus side, it was spacious, the decor was simple, but bright and the bed (a king) was comfy. There were plenty of towels and plenty of light.
Caribbean Beach Resort grounds are gorgeous. I wish we had more time to enjoy one of the many scattered seeing areas or sit on the white sand sand beach, but alas, the theme parks (and Food & Wine Festival) beckoned. Caribbean Cay, the island that connects the two halves of the resort was particularly gorgeous. It features towering palm trees, lush vegetation and quiet nooks for reading or just relaxing and enjoying the scenery. The playground is also on the cay, but it was still plenty quiet.
Although the food court in Old Port Royale has less choices than some of the other food courts, the food was consistently very good and a bargain by Disney standards. The cast members at the food court were amongst the nicest CMs we've encountered anywhere. The Caribbean specialty pastries were excellent, as were the other specialities we tried. Pizza & burgers and such were the same as any Disney resort. Seating alway seemed to be plentiful and the tables spotless. Disney finally replaced the horrid coffee from concentrate they used to serve with fresh brewed coffee. This caused occasional short waits (they were still working the kinks out of the system), but the real coffee is worth a little hassle.
The pool resembles the town in Pirates of the Caribbean and is beautiful. This big kid who refuses to grow up enjoyed the water slides quite a bit! The hot tub was also nice as was the pool bar. There are lockers and showers at the pool, so we made this our activity after checking out. This pool is definitely one of our favorite pools ever!
Bus transportation was generally good. Most of the time, waits were short. There are many bus stops, so depending upon where you board the bus, you may find most seats taken or a longer trip as it circles the resort before departing. A resort only bus circles the resort constantly, providing service to Old Port Royale and Custom's House (the front desk). Note that some park buses take the bus loop in the opposite direction. This can be a bit confusing after returning from a late night at a park!
Bell service and the Magical Express were fantastic. Bell services drove us and our luggage right to Customs House where we able to both check our luggage and check in for the flight home. The bellman and the "hosts" at the airline/luggage check-in could not have been more friendly and gracious. They really provided the perfect ending to a fantastic vacation.
The Caribbean Beach Resort (or at least the room we stayed in) could benefit from a rehab, which would probably raise my rating to five stars. This may be the oldest moderate resort at Disney World, but the excellent service and loverly grounds made up for that. We'd stay there again without a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise built around 45-acre Barefoot Bay, this Resort hotel brings the Islands to you with swaying palm trees, white-sand beaches and colonial architecture. Six villages-Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica-host colorful Guest rooms, some pirate-themed! "Island-hop" as you explore 200 lushly landscaped acres, or simply enjoy lazy days soaking up the sun in a hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Florida
- Disney Carribean Resort
- Disney World Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney Carribean Beach
- Disney Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Disney Caribbean Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort Disney
- Caribbean Beach Resort Orlando