“Incredible location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Disney's Contemporary Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Ranked #96 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, Florida
“Incredible location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

The location of this hotel is incredible, you are literally less than a 5 minute walk to the Magic Kingdom. The hotel employees are also great, and more than willing to make your stay an enjoyable experience. The rooms are very clean, decently sized and the beds are comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Todd R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
St Pete
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

First I will tell you the good things. Very close to magic kingdom, most of the staff pleasant. And the room decor is top notch. However that is where it ends. They say 24 hour room service and yet they do if you want to choose 1 of 4 items if they have it. They did not have one item and brought us a different sandwich and still charged us and didn't even ask if we wanted it. The maid came into our room while my friend was sleeping and touched her and woke her up to see if we needed towels. Then the next day we had at least 7 times calls or people at our door asking us for service when we told them the first time we didn't need it. And had a sign on the door. The pool is mediocre I have seen nicer at days inn. They don't have any waitress service either there. Just not a five star resort I would say 2 or 3 at best. All the soda machines were broken on all the floors the whole stay so the only place to get drinks was room service or gift shop before closing. Definitely not worth the money I spent 550 a night and expected great service and didn't get it. I will never stay on a disney property again, if you want luxury there are many other options.

Room Tip: High floor and resort side
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Adam M
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Absolutely fantastic and magical! Would not stay anywhere else. My new favorite. Polynesian used to be my favorite, but it is being ruined. Not sure what these negative reviews from people are about regarding the Contemporary. These must be people that would complain about the way someone handed them a million dollars.
My family and I stayed for 7 magical nights during 6/28/14 - 7/5/14 and had one of the best vacations at Disney World with my family ever (and it was busy at the parks on the 3rd and 4th of July). We have been to Beach Club twice (second favorite), Yacht Club, Polynesian, and now the Contemporary. You can not beat the location of the Contemporary and the convenience of the amenities. Stayed in A-frame tower with Bay Lake View and it was absolutely beautiful. Thank you to the staff at the Contemporary for a magical visit. Can not wait to return to your beautiful hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank d k
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Contemporary resort is the most convenient resort for a trip to Disney World, with the monorail passing through the lobby. Unfortunately, such convenience comes with a price tag. There are many nice places to stay in Orlando for a fraction of the cost. However, if. like us, the trip is about once every 7 years and only for a few days and with small children, the convenience may be well worth it. Staying at the Contemporary allows you to take a break from the parks if you need to, and then return to the parks and feel comfortable hanging out till into the early morning as some parks are open from 11 PM till 1 AM for Disney guests only, and we were able to pack 7 sought-after rides into the last two hours when other visitors were no longer allowed (however, you get the same privilege of extra-hours even if staying at any less-pricey Disney hotel). Finally, if convenience is important, you can't beat the Contemporary resort.
If staying for only a few days, it is

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
      Location
2 Thank DrANB
Bayonne, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is not perfect, but I still gave it a 5 star. We had a few problems not getting a port a crib for one family member's room. They weren't very understanding about the fact that it was 11:00 before they finally got it to the room either. However, other than that, it was a great experience. Having the monorail right there is such a plus. We did travel to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom on the bus, too. The magic bands make everything so easy. We had the disney app which included all of our fast pass rides and times. The pool in the hotel is really nice. It is open early and late. There are games for the kids to play with cast members by the pool that they found fun. And, the very best thing of all was when we woke up on the day we were leaving we opened our hotel door and hanging on the door knob...was our boarding passes! We took the Disney Magical Express to and from the air port so we did not have to get in a hot car. There are plenty of shops and places to eat. It is worth every penny!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Noraneal
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great place to stay - my main choice due to the fact there are no bad rooms here and are relatively priced compared to others on the monorail which you can get a bad room with the view of the dumpster... Feels upscale - food is good....Short trip on the monorail or even a walk ....
This is where I usually spend my money at Disney...(and you will spend it !)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
4 Thank springwoodstation
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed there for three days, the check in was very slow. We received the bracelet to enter the parks and it doesn't work well. Going back to the hotel, I left a wallet and a sweatshirt and I had to called the hotel like 10 times to know if it was or not found. Two days passed and finally they found just the wallet. The person in charge of lost and found left it in front desk because a friend of my was in the hotel, so she can bring it to my country, and when she asked for the wallet...nobody knows anything about it. I called to complain and they contact me with the back office, a man called Cory didn't help me at All. I hope lost and found can solve my problem.!!!! By the phone they really don't help!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family