Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
US$85
US$287
US$227
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$98
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$521
US$356
Travelocity
3,490 results
All reviewskona cafevolcano poolhawaii buildingmagic kingdomgreat ceremonial housedole whiptransportation centertonga toastepcot monorailohana restaurantoasis poolcapt cookscinderella's castledisney worlddvc studioseven seas lagoonclub level
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We had a wonderful first visit at Disney World and couldn't be happier with our choice of staying at the Polynesian Resort. The staff was wonderful, our room was clean (we were even surprised with dogs made out of towels left by mouse-keeping), and the location was so close to MK and Epcot! The food was very tasty at the resort restaurants and the waiters/waitresses treated my twin daughters like princesses! We stayed in the Tahiti building and did not find it dark or drab as some have stated and we had two sinks in the bathroom with plenty of room to lay out all our stuff. We had quite a walk to the main building but the walk short walk to the transportation hub was worth it! The pools were crowed due to the hot weather and we mostly hung out at the quiet pool. The resort has a more casual feel compared to the Grand Floridian. I would love to stay here again! Aloha!

Room Tip: When making your reservations ask for the Tahiti room if you would like to be close to the transportation hub.
1  Thank MomofTwins1999
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed here from the 24th - 29th. Booked our trip four days before we left for our daughter's 11th birthday and they were wonderful in making this an amazing birthday for her. We have stayed here before and were not disappointed this time. Mousekeeping was amazing as usual and left the cutest towel animals each night and even put my extra pair of sunglasses on them. Our daughter loved it.
Captain Cooks says 24 hours but not if you want hot food. They quit serving it at 11 and just have snacks to purchase. Not a problem if you are aware of it and get something at the park before you leave. If you are staying on club level get your breakfast early. They start cleaning up around 10 even though they are serving until 10:30.
The convience of the monorail and transportation center can not be underestimated. We go to Magic Kingdom almost every evening.
No bites on our feet as I have read on here, but could be sand fleas as we never went down to the beach this time.
Love this resort and will always come back to it if it is available when we book!!!!

2  Thank cljs
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I will admit after reading some reviews and being an obvious hotel snob, I was hesitant about the Polynesian stay. We just returned yesterday and I am ready to go back. The corridors of our building were old and needed some upkeep but I was pleasantly surprised when we entered the room. It was extremely clean, large and very comfortable. Everything was neat and clean, even the sofa bed. The lobby was beautiful, Captain Cooks is a great 24 hour quick service convenience and the concierge was extremely helpful. The first night our refrigerator didnt work, I called (at almost midnight when we got back to the room) and within 30 minutes, an extremely nice man came and just replaced it, no questions asked. I will mention that when he pulled the old one out, it was even clean behind it. We had room service 3 of the days we were there, one dinner and 2 breakfasts. It arrived right on time and fresh and hot and was very good. My kids loved the volcano pool, iit was never too p[acked to enjoy...movies on the beach every night and an awesome view of Cinderellas castle and the fireworks every night. The monorail is right out front and was so convenient, I highly recommed the Polynesian and will be back!

7  Thank my2girlz2331
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I've been to Disney so many times now that I've lost count. This time my friends and I decided to split our trip up with two different hotels. The first half was spent at the Fort Wilderness Cabins and the last half was at the Poly. The Polynesian is a beautiful hotel that is classic Disney. Since it's "classic" there is some room for improvement considering the cost of the hotel. Obviously the best part is the access to the monorail. We stayed in the Roratanga building which is literally right next door to the Grand Ceremonial Hall (main building). People with further buildings may find it to be a hike - I can't tell you about that. The room is definitely bigger and nicer than the value resorts with a pull-out couch and refrigerator, and I would highly recommend it, but I do believe that Disney needs to reconsider their pricing, although realistically this will never happen. For the price you pay, it's not spectacular, it's nice. In all honesty, although I really liked the hotel, I think the cabins are a better value.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank RLevy1
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This resort is one of the original Walt Disney World resorts. It has the feel of Hawaii and the south seas, with plants, music, decor, and staff that all contribute to the atmosphere. I highly recommend it for a romantic escape. It is expensive, but if you appreciate the detail and atmosphere while taking advantage of the perks it may be worth the price to you. Walt's influence can be easily imagined and felt if you are a big Disney fan.
We have stayed here about 8 times now. We go to Disney and stay at other resorts, but the Poly is reserved for special occasions, as a couple. I almost hesitate to recommend the resort because I don't want to spoil it!
I would say that it is geared to a laid back plant lover, who enjoys pretending they are in a south seas paradise.
If you enjoy the high society pampering go to the Grand Floridian.

Room Tip: Take advice from front desk or reservations if they have experience.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple