Polynesian's campy, slightly cheesy vibe is intact even as renovations and upgrades are in progress. We finally got here on our 17th trip to WDW, and while we enjoyed the experience, it's clearly not on par with the other deluxe resorts. It's very well maintained, but definitely showing its age, getting a bit tattered about the edges. Small things like cracked signs in elevators, worn carpets, and faded artwork keep it off the Disney A-list.
We were met at our car and quickly checked in. They honored our prior request for a king, balcony room in Fiji, and answered the questions we had. The concierge desk adjusted some of our Fast Pass times, using their experience to make our park visits a little smoother. Service throughout the resort was absolutely top notch, from housekeeping to the Tambu Lounge.
We read a lot of reviews to find the right room, finally settling on the west side of the Fiji building. Great view of the lagoon & wedding chapel. Noisy in the evening from the nearby evening luau performance, and blazing sun in the afternoon made the balcony unusable at that time of day. Still a very nice room overall. We had a king bed instead of 2 queens, gaining a lot of extra room. Plenty of electrical outlets, an iPod/MP3 capable radio, dual closets with plenty of hangars, small refrigerator and single-serve coffee pot. Bathroom was spacious, well lighted, with lots of extra linens and a magnifying makeup mirror. No laundry facilities in this building.
Location is a plus, on the monorail (although you do switch trains for EPCOT) and across the street from the golf course. Driving is the most efficient plan to the Boardwalk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrate the spirit of the South Pacific at this oasis of tropical palms, lush vegetation, koi ponds and white-sand beaches. Conveniently located on complementary Resort Monorail, enjoy moonlit nights on our torch-lined waterfront to the exotic tastes of our world-class restaurants, discover the signature tropical ambience that's made Disney's Polynesian Village Resort a favorite Disney destination since 1971. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Polynesian Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Resort Disney
- Disney Polynesian Hotel
- Polynesian Disney
- Polynesian Hotel Disney
- Orlando Polynesian Resort
- Polynesian Hotel Orlando Fl
- Disneys Polynesian Hotel
- Polynesian Resort Orlando
- Disney Polynesian Resort World
- Disneys Polynesian Resort