“loved disney but will not ever stay at this hotel again!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area
Ranked #172 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“loved disney but will not ever stay at this hotel again!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

well il start with the one good thing about this hotel and that was the location, it was a 2 minute walk to downtown disney, about 15 minutes away from seaworld and discovery cove, and about 10 mins away from premium outlet mall. the hotel has complimentary bus shuttles to disney parks which was good as was worried they didnt. our check in was fairly quick and the room was ok clean and alot of room.
As for the hotel staff at the front desk well thats a complete different story dont get me wrong im not a snob in the slightest but JONATHAN is the most disgraceful rude person i have ever met in my life and i work in retail lol the only word this man/boy knows is UMMMMM he is completly oblivious to his surroundings and for someone who works in disney resort youd think hed no a hell of alot more than he did and the chewing gum with mouth wide open to rude!!. and as for BENJAMIN his little side kick no more said! also i didnt get his name but a guy on GUEST RELATIONS soooo rude i cant understand how the hell he has a job working with people, absolutley lazy and all he cares about is talking about his weekend. the ladies doing the timeshare were a hell of alot more helpful and not all staff were like this just these 3 individuals put that hotel to shame majorly!
we did speak to a nother family and they had massive holes in there room and wanted to be moved but had a hell of lot of arguing before this happened and that items of clothing went missing from there room the front desk were unhelpful and passed the blame onto night shift.
This is my 2nd time i have been to disney and when i go back im going to stick to a disney hotel the staff are alot more friendly and helpful.
oh and the walls are paper thin so it sounds like things which are upstairs may aswell be right infront of you.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lisat16

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (862)
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

I had a last minute trip with my friends to go to downtown disney so we looked up hotels and this was the cheapest available. So I thought oh well we will spend one night in a crappy hotel. Boy was I wrong. This hotel is fabulous. The hotel is beautiful! Right when you walk in there is luxury! So I walked to the desk and there was a line by a staff member acknowledged our presence and assured they would be with us soon. Then a staff member named James mavrak who was the manager helped us. Not only was I happily surprised that the hotel was cheaper then I thought, when we told James we were planning to go to dinsey quest he offered us complimentary tickets! That night i realized I didn't have a tooth brush and the hotel offered me a complimentary one! Lastly I forgot my phone charger for my phone and the staff offered to charge it for me. I can say that the most awesome feature of this hotel is the staff! It is also right next to downtown Disney like literally. We walked there and back every day. I will certainly be back and this will always be my hotel of choice!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Justinekscott
The Woodlands, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

My husband and I stayed here because of the price and location and we were not disappointed. The bus service was great and it was on time every time to and from the parks! The room was clean and HUGE. Honestly, you are barely in the room, so this hotel is worth it!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DnN072410
Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

i dont know what all these bad reveiws are about, it was excellent! lovely staff gorgeous pool and nice spacious rooms. COMPLIMENTARY FREE shuttle buses to and from the parks! great stay! would recomend it to anyone one

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Jenkerr93
Bermuda
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

This was first trip to WDW for DH, 3yr old, & myself. Although, we work for luxury hotel brands - we were not looking for a luxury hotel - our specific requirements was a child friendly resort, close to the parks ( so we could take breaks from park), with breakfast and transport to parks. I had read the reviews of the resort so I knew what to expect.

I initially booked a regular room but upgraded on check-in to a tower room. I found the room to be well maintained & well appointed, cleanliness was great. Fridge was large enough for our needs and enough space for our bags etc and could still move around. Wireless internet access was slow. The bellman promised a spectacular view of Epcot fireworks. Yes - we could see the Epcot fireworks but it's much too far to grasp the experience..after first night we never bothered to watch for it again.

The park transporation was every 30 mins, ontime and well maintained.

The hotel really met my expectations on providing the vacation experience I wanted for my 3 yr old. I knew she wouldn't handle long hours at the park so I wanted it to feel like she still was having a great experience even if we hung around the hotel. The hotel really caters to kids and did provide that. There is a nice section in the lobby with toys for younger kids - she was quite happy to hang around there for an hour and play. The kiddie pool play area was amazing. The pool area itself was quite extensive...with clear adult and kid areas. However it is the only hotel pool I have ever seen that did not have umbrellas around the pool for shade! Not everyone wants to burn to a crisp! In the mornings, games and bubbles were put out at the bus stop for kids to play with while waiting for the bus.

The character breakfast was ok! I found it to be pricey for the quality of the food. Thank God we were on kids eat free....I would not have ben happy to pay $11 for a kid. one character every 30 mins.

I loved the location. In my opinion, I think the location of this hotel is better than even some of the WDW resorts. It is right across the street from Downtown Disney. After we rested from the parks, we would head over there for the evening and hang out! great stuff for kids & adults!

Alll in all the hotel met my expectations and I feel that I got great value for what I paid for. The thing that reminded us that we were in a value resort was that the staff were friendly but did not go out of their way to be helpful. Packages were on property for me over 36 hours and I was never notified. I had to go lookfing for them..and then I had to wait till next day to collect only to find out the person who helped me the day before could have gotten them for me. I asked the Concierge for breakfast options nearby on Mother's Day...I was told " The usual".(the assumption being that I was American and familiar with the area) and then places like Denny & IHop were reeled off. I overheard a front desk agent tell a guest that they had to go to another agent for assistance as they had been trying to leave for an hour.

At this Wyndham you get what you pay for...the location and amenities made it a good choice for me

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Mmebfli
Cheshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

Don't know if the negative reviewers were staying at a different hotel, but the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista is fantastic. Impressive lobby, clean rooms (no, not a tower room) and excellent pool area (two pools + hot tub with lake views).

The location? Try amazing - literally across the road from DTD. We've stayed at Disney before, from Value to Deluxe, and this holiday was as good, if not better.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

Stayed in the "motel" area of the resort with a lake and pool view which couldnt be better. Was surprised with trip as a graduation gift and couldn't complain at all with location and overall atmosphere. Awesome pooL for family and kids. Shuttle service and being righ across the street from downtown Disney was a huge plus. Room was clean service was great. Only downside is the food options. Restraunt is too expensive and limited. Small cafe is very expensive and limited as well.

• Stayed May 2011