“I will not be returning but not all bad!”

Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area
Ranked #172 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cheshire
“I will not be returning but not all bad!”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I have previously stayed here in August 2011. I had booked the hotel when it was 'The Regal Sun' and had changed ownership before we arrived. Our initial experience then was upon arrival we were told that the room was not ready, leaving us hanging around tired and with 2 kids in tow. After that we were please with the hotel, food was expensive (compared to the Best Western next door) but at least they did a good range of kids meals by the pool and at times we could snack on these as a cheap alternative.

Arrival on 15th August 2014 - our rooms were not ready leaving us stranded with 2 teenagers having to hang around!! The room smelt musty and the bath looked like paint was chipping off it. Several times throughout our stay we had to ring down for toilet rolls, towels, cups and coffee and replenishment had not been left, in fact on one occasion house keeping had not even called. I did report these things on every occasion.

As for the food, we never ate there once, choosing instead to walk to the Best Western, Crossroads or Earl of Sandwich. On the one occasion we went to the pool bar to order the kids meals we were told they no longer did these, we were told chicken tenders were $13 and these came without fries which we could purchase for a further £4, chicken tenders and fries only cost around $10 on the parks! This was a pool bar!! The pool itself whilst lovely had loud guests in it until way after we went to bed at 10pm.

You may at this point think that I am being picky, however before we arrived here we had spent some time in The Rosen Inn, International Drive, a far cheaper hotel but we had not one complaint, in fact on a whole the service provided by The Rosen was far superior, even the beds seemed bigger and more comfortable!

As I mention though in my title, 'not all bad', location is good, pools are nice, shuttles to Disney are great and you have the added perk of being able to have your Disney shopping delivered there.

1 Thank CheshireDisneybelle
Helen B, Manager at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Wyndham please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. I'm sorry that your room wasn't ready upon arrival, for the unpleasant odor & faulty bath tub in your room and the dissatisfaction you felt with the food pricing at the Oasis pool bar. Please be assured that I will share your concerns with the Front Office, Maintenance, Housekeeping and Food & Beverage teams.
On another note, I'm glad you enjoyed the closeness to Downtown Disney, the transportation service to & from the Disney parks as well as our very nice pools.
If you should decide to provide us with another opportunity to serve you please let us know.
Voice of the Customer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (880)
Rock Falls, Illinois
Reviewed 30 August 2014

this was one of our interesting motels. the motel itself was wonderful. small arcade, nice gift shop, and excellent pool (which is why we stayed here).
so we pull up under the car port thing, where there is a sign, loading/unloading. we pull to the unloading side, and are greeted by valet people. we say, we are checking in and going to unload our bags. guy one says to pull straight ahead ...very nice. after pulling straight ahead, guy 2 says we cannot be there and need to move. ????? very pricky and not pleasant about it. after some words and vocabulary we just said f it and found a parking spot. what it was, is we were following the signs but its all valet stuff. checking in was a hassle as well. after all that jazz was done it was a nice stay.
motels need to realize not everyone likes other people unloading their vehicles and some like this make it very inconvenient for others.
we will not be staying here again.
it is conveniently located across the street from downtown Disney and offers shuttles to the parks.
absolutely loved the swimming pools.
the hassle though is totally not worth it.

Green Features: different garbage cans in the room for regular garbage and recycled stuff.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Helen B, Manager at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
On behalf of the entire team here at the Wyndham please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered with the valet staff and the unpleasant check in experience.
We truly care about our guest's perception of us and we regret having let you down.
On another note, I'm glad you enjoyed the resort for the most part and liked all the amenities we have to offer.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please know I will let our valet company know about your concerns as well as our Director of Front Office.
If you should need further assistance or change your mind about returning please call me.
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My husband and I stayed in the suite our wedding night. It was great! The staff decorated the room with rose petals and a swan made out of towels. The view was also spectacular. You could see the Disney fireworks from the room.

• Stayed August 2014
We are so happy to hear that your very special occasion was a success.
It was our pleasure to make it memorable.
Congratulations on your wedding!.
Thanks for sharing and please come again.
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This is an old hotel. Friendly staff and good location, but it is not what I expected for a "Disney" hotel. The rooms were old, the a/c loud, and the parking lot atrocious. No where did it say that parking was not included in your resort fee and on top of that, it is always PACKED because they "share" the parking lot with a car rental company. We could not get out of our legitimate parking spot because so many cars were parked illegally and we had to PAY to be treated this poorly. I expected better from a Wyndham, especially one with a Disney affiliation.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Helen B, Manager at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment you felt with our resort overall. I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations regarding the outdated room decor, the faulty air conditioning unit and the parking area(s). I will share your comments with our General Manager and the Maintenance department.
On another note, I'm glad that the staff was friendly and you liked the location.
If you should decide to return please call me. I'll make sure that your vehicle is valet parked.
Last but not least, we are planning a refresh in 2015!
Manning
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Overall the room was satisfactorily clean and cooled; although the beds were hard and uncomforatable, the pillows were uncomforatable and made of crappy foam. We used the room to sleep, we did not spend time in it, but sleeping was not comfortable.

Let me add this, you are asking to take a survey, yet you make it hard for me and ask for to much info. I should not need to provide my e-mail as you already have.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the beds or pillows in your guestroom. Please accept our apologies for any discomfort you experienced as a result. I can assure you that I will share your concerns with our Executive Housekeeper.
Also, thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the Wyndham survey, I will send your comments to the corporate team.
Please call me the next time you are planning to visit Orlando!