“very nice stay!!”

Ranked #115 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
danville vermont, United States
“very nice stay!!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

very clean very helpful staff nice short 1 mile walk or less to universal or bus shuttle had dinner at hotel very good would stay again !! pool looked great nice and clean many shops and resterants in walking distance water park right across road if you have kids young or old come enjoy sunshine book online and save money. if you order tickets to universal online be sure to buy the right ones i bought universal hollywood by mistake but they took care of me just fine its a great stay

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bill J, General Manager at Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Raymond,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a nice vacation. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Bill Jones, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toms River, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great location for Universal Studios and friendly staff. Wi-Fi was unreliable. Shuttle bus driver was great. Universal employees at kiosk were "salesmen".Disappointed that the only breakfast available was $7.95. Had problem with the curtains falling down and had to switch rooms around 11pm, without any employee assistance/

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Ron,

Thank you for staying with us during Spring Break. I do apologize that you were not helped in the evening with your room move, we have staff on during that time and if we had to move your room the offer should have been made for some assistance. I will talk with our evening staff and find out where we went wrong. Customer service is our strength and I do apologize that we did not provide the level of service that is typical during your stay.

Benton Harbor mi
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Only stayed two nights, but liked this hotel...got a great price for a very nice good size room, very clean hotel, friendly. Like the big pool, too. Nice that tennis and basketball is available (free)...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gabi,

Although your trip was short, I was pleased to see that you were able to enjoy the amenities that the hotel has to offer. No other hotel in the International Drive area has basketball, tennis, two spas and a sundeck!

Glad that you were able to take advantage of our recent special and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

It was our second time here. We liked the location the first time we stayed here and thought it was a good idea to try it again.
I hadn't remembered that there was free wi-fi which was a real bonus, also the pool was a decent size.
I enjoyed our stay here and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Raphhay,

We love our repeat guests and am happy that you returned for your second stay with us. Our location and amenities can't be matched in the I-Drive/Universal area.

We look forward to your third visit soon!

Sincerley,

Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I came here. Rooms were very spacious, clean and just great. The staff went above and beyond and helped us with everything we needed. Breakfast was great, got my wake up call, and enjoyed the housekeeping staff as well. That you! I will be back!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Bestrider123
Dear Bestrider123,

I am happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We have a great staff who really cares about providing a great customer experience while they are here. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks for traveling and thanks for your business!

Minnesota
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel is awesome! The front desk was very pleasant and everyone working there met you in the hallway with a smile and a greeting. I've never had that experience at an Orlando hotel before. The pool/hottubs are to die for, very well maintained and lots of chairs to relax in. We used the shuttle to Universal and that was wonderful as this hotel is the last pickup, first to be let off so you spend very little time on the shuttle, but what a convenience considering what parking costs. They offer plenty of drop off/pick up times, the best shuttle services I've ever used. My room was wonderful. It was a king suite and had lots of room for the two of us, great flat screen TV and lots of TV channels. The hotel is so quiet since it isn't on International Drive, but close enough to walk to the trolley. I loved my stay and will be back again soon! For the price, this hotel has NO competition in the area. Thanks for a great week!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Suzymittens
Dear Suzymittens,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize our fabulous staff and that you enjoyed your suite. We also think that our location, amenities and service can't be beat in the I-Drive/Universal area!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel the last two years I've gone to Orlando and I love it here.

The hotel is cheap ( roughly $70 a night ). The rooms aren't anything special but I'm only in my room to sleep. The great part about this hotel is the amenities. There is an outdoor pool, 2 outdoor hot tubs, a tanning deck, a cabana bar, a basketball court, tennis court, and it's about a mile away from Universal Studios. There is also a water park directly across the street. I really love heading down to the hot tub, grabbing a drink or two and enjoying the Florida sun and then catching a cab to Universal and checking out the parks or the City Walk. In fact, there have been numerous times where I walked to and from the park.

I recommend this place for a group of friends or for young couples who are looking for an inexpensive place to stay with a lot of nearby activities and excellent amenities.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool or a view of the water park and universal.