“very restfull”

Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel
Ranked #112 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 29 April 2014

this was our last night in Florida and the Best Western made it very restful and relaxing. We had a lovely swim in the pool, and a great breakfast in the morning to get us off to a great start to a long day of travel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bill J, General Manager at Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear 452dawnb.,

I am glad that you enjoyed your one night stay with us before departing the Orlando area. Relaxing in the pool and then starting the day off with a great breakfast sounds like the perfect way to end your vacation to me!

We look forward to seeing you again it eh near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel was in absolutely pristine condition when I toured the facility. I was hesitant to book initially before my visit, based on mixed reviews. I noticed attentive staff who went far above and beyong their call of duty to make my trip absolutely amazing. The facility was well maintained, the rooms were newer with granite countertops in bathroom. The value for the price was truly exceptional. You are legitimately a stones-throw from Universal Studios, and can see the Wet N Wild Water Theme Park from any room. Huge Parking Lot was delightful. There was always a spot, if you ever had an issue staff resolved that issue immediately. I truly can not say enough great things about this hotel. Beds were comfortable with premium bedding, pillows, and blankets. every room has a brand new 40 Inch Flat Screen Television within it. One of the cleanest well kept hotels I have stayed in, especially being located within such a high traffic tourist destination. Diane H. - Front Desk, made this trip exceptional and resolved any issue that I ever had with a smile. This individual made my stay totally worth it, and I will stay at this hotel and Best Westerns again in general because of her. You can not go wrong at this hotel, truly a gem!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alexander D

Dear Alexander G.,

Thank you for your review of our hotel after your recent stay. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed everything that we have to offer. We like to say that we are "Right where you want to be for all fun things there are to do in Orlando"!

I will make sure that our staff gets the chance to see your review and I thank you again for giving Diana special mention, she is a great associate.

Thanks for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

General Manger

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Good hotel for price, will definitely stay here again. Came with a group and felt safe the whole time. The hotel itself was a little older and could stand some remodeling but rooms where clean and staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Bonnie,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Safety is always important to us and I am glad that you felt safe during your stay. Our staff is great and I appreciate you taking the time to mention how friendly they are. We are renovating the property and our soft goods are next! We will be replacing our room and corridor carpets in August and then our drapes and bedding will be replaced in early October!

I look forward to you returning again soon to see the positive changes we have made.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here for a trip to Universal ect, from all of the hotels i have stayed at on I-Drive this would be my favorite. Just around the corner from Wet n' Wild and very close to all amenities. The hotel provide shuttle buses to most parks which was an excellent feature.

I very much liked the pool area as well - Love a good heated hot tub.

The shop within the hotel is a little pricey but very useful if you don't want to walk to the shops.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jos605,

Thank you for making us your "favorite hotel" in the I-Drive corridor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the pool and hot tub to be your favorite spots!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The hotel is not a new.. seems to be a little bit old, but ok for the price of 50USD per day.
they can take your packages if you pay 50USD por 10 packages.
Swimm pool is good... parking is free... next to wet and wild.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear I_want_to_help,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us during your visit to Orlando. We love our Brazilian guests and are centrally located to all of the shopping Orlando has to offer making it a favorite for the shoppers!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

All the staff were really friendly and helpful, from check in to check out with a hello every time we passed, a special mention for Josh who looked after the pool bar. A great guy.. The hotel is ideally located on corner of International Drive and Universal Boulevard. We didn't have a car and didn't miss one. The courtesy shuttle bus took us to Universal, the I Trolley for most other things and the taxi to Disney was reasonable and quick. The rooms are spotlessly clean, change of towels daily with towels at pool area also. The pool is glorious as are the hot tubs. The only reason I didn't give it a full 5 stars was that their deli was over priced and mediocre. It may only be a 3 star and a little bit dated in areas but for the price of the room, the facilities offered, staff and location I would definitely recommend and stay again. judge for yourself!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear AdrienneHD,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was pleased to see that you certainly enjoyed your stay with us. Our pool, hot tubs and sun deck are a great way to spend the day and Josh is right there to help you with a cold beverage should you need it! I appreciate you taking the time to talk about our staff and the rooms as well.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Best Western Gateway Orlando is very good value and a nice location for International Dr. Just off the beaten path and walking distance to Wet n Wild. Clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff. A no thrills with decent amenities. Great bang for your buck with a clean room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Robert P.

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and found us to be a very good value and that you got the best "bang for your buck" right here.

I appreciate your comments regarding our staff and our comfortable rooms and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.