“wonderful experience.”

Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel
Ranked #113 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is actually within walking distance to universal parks and right across the road from the water park. Only a couple of blocks away is International Drive which offers all kinds of things to do from great restaurants to putt-putt to extreme rides. The hotel is very clean but did not offer continental breakfast. Over all this is a great hotel and I would recommend staying here but I would try to find discount booking on another website to save on the room rate.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank chicknman123
Bill J, General Manager at Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear chickenman123,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel after your recent stay with us. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and was glad that you will be staying with us again. I will pass your comments on to our staff!

I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice recently during weekend trips to Orlando with a friend, and we both really like the hotel and it's location. Both times I stayed here I found the hotel on one of the discount travel websites, so don't pay full price if you don't have to. It's rated a 3 star hotel and has a nice big pool area, 2 spacious hot tubs, a tennis & basketball court , restaurant & bar - oh, and a poolside cabana bar, with a nice covered outside lounge area- Josh the bartender mixes up some good Miami Vice Smoothies! The location is great if you want walk along the older section of International Blvd. and grab a bite to eat, check out the sites or go to Wet & Wild. I will absolutely stay here again in the near future.

Room Tip: Better views from poolside rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank direwolf67

Dear Direwolf67,

We are always happy to see familiar faces. Thank you for your repeat business and we certainly look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

clean and friendly people. had everything we need.
nice area, front desk was very nice with us. I would book this hotel again.
thank you very much for the excelent service.
keep up the good work. have a nice day

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Luzia,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your comments on to our staff.

I hope to see you soon.

Bill Jones

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Gerodo at Best Western Gateway was the absolute best. Outstanding customer service. I definitely utilize this hotel everytime I go back to Orlando. He was simply the best service person I have ever had at a hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Herbert J.,

I will pass on your comments regarding Gerardo. You are right, he is truly a service oriented individual and he along with so many other staff members are constantly being recognized by our guests.

Thank you for your stay with us and we will see you soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We loved the hotel. Very helpful staff, very good facilities, comfortable room and the location is excelent, Wet 'n Wild side (did not go in this, but those who enjoy the water park is a good choice) and very close to the Universal parks. The only problem was with the breakfast, not much choice as in Brazil, but I believe that is the reality of most hotels in the USA.

Room Tip: our room was on the pool side, we have no problems with it
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel C

Dear Daniel C.

I might be biased but I think you made the right choice too! Thank you for your review and kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel was too dated to earn anything higher than 3 stars. My room showed many signs of wear and sloppy repairs to the carpet, walls, bathroom tiles, and more. Additionally, the room and hallway décor were nothing special. On the positive side, the bed was comfortable, the free WiFi was great, and the hotel was just a short drive to Universal. My only interaction with the hotel employees was at check-in. The employees were fine but I did have to wait several minutes before someone was available to begin the check-in process. At least the express checkout option was very easy. All in all, next time I plan to just pay the extra $20 or so per night to stay someplace nicer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill J, General Manager at Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Mweiss518,

I am pleased that you found the room to be comfortable and took advantage of our free WiFi. our location is right in the middle of all the action. We will be undergoing a renovation of the soft goods in our rooms (bedding packages, carpet and drapes) beginning soon and replacing our hallway carpet as well.

I hope that you will consider us again when you return to Orlando and experience the upgrades that have taken place.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here with my wife in early May 2014 for our honeymoon as part of a Universal Partner hotel package with an Orlando Flex Ticket. The hotel did indeed look very dated; the look of this hotel would have been considered modern back in the early 90's. Paint job, update flooring, bathroom tiles and all that sort of stuff. But that's really where the complaints end.

Everything else about the hotel was super. Despite the dated look of the grounds and the rooms, the beds were very comfortable and clean, the air conditioning made the rooms feel nice, fresh and crisp - and were very inviting after long, blazingly hot days walking through the theme parks. The pool and hot tubs appeared clean and safe, and fresh towels were readily available. Shades Deli and Sharky and Jacks Bar and Grill had only basic selections, but were well stocked and the food was tasty and well prepared. Having an all you can eat breakfast buffet readily available every morning turned out to be a huge benefit as well as we always had a good meal before we ventured out into the Florida sunshine and heat. The staff at the attraction/ticket desk were professional in helping us get set up with tickets and shuttles to the parks. Staff were friendly and helpful and seemed genuinely interested in the comfort of the hotel guests. We also love how centrally located the hotel was. Just down from Universal Orlando and the I-Drive Premium Outlets, as well as near drugstores and other restaurants.

If you have a hotel with as much upside as this one does, then the cosmetic complaints about the dated appearance really are just that - cosmetics. The location is great, and there was excellent value in the services and amenities offered. A pleasant experience all around. :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GJMSince1981

GJM Since 1981,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that you chose us through our partnership with Universal to celebrate your honeymoon with your new bride.

I appreciate the positive comments you made regarding our staff, amenities and location and am glad that you enjoyed everything you mentioned. I will pass on your comments to the staff and hope that you return soon!