First of all, my disclosure. I got this hotel at a priceline auction for a 3* star hotel, but I would never classify it as 3*.
- The hotel is well located, in Universal Boulevard, close to Wet and Wild, just by the side of Wet'n'Wild parking lot. There is an I-trolley stop just a few meters from the hotel entrance. The i-ride trolley is $2.00 per ride or $7.00 for 3 days (we used this option), you can use to go Universal, or you can walk for about 30 minutes. You can take the I-trolley near Wet'n'Wild to the Orlando premium outlets. It is about 1.6 mile from the hotel. Close
- Cleanliness was impecabble, I stayed for 9 days and in every day the sheets were replaced and also the towels, the room was always very well cleaned, the towels and linen where spotless clean. The cleaning ladies do an excellent job.
- They offer a "Business center" where you can access Internet and print boarding passes or so, very handy.
- At first I was concerned in leaving my belongings in the room, but there has never anything missing in any day. I had expected otherwise that from the overall situation of the hotel.
That is all about that is good about the hotel. Now let's move on.
- The hotel is extremely old and has not been renovated at all, just a few paint coats and that's about it.
- The bathroom door was stuffed in the bottom, from the humidity.
- The fixtures in the bathroom were rusty.
- The air conditioner was standing on top of a rooten board of wood.
- There is no free breakfast as it is usual around the area, you can have breafast for $10, but there is a microwave and a refrigerator in the room (more on that later).
- The air conditioning never worked properly, the room was always a bit warmer no matter what temperature the A/C was set. We kept waking up at night due to the heat.
- The refrigerator was freezing (turned veggies and even liquids into ice) everything we put in, even in the least powerful setting. We lost a lot of food due to that.
- The TV altought is a LCD flatscreen, is connected to some weird gadget to sell movies and that cuts all the corners of the image, no way to read scrolling headlines such as CNNs and news shows.
- They have no shuttle to Disney since they are "Universal partners" or so they told me.
- The Wi-fi internet was terrible. Slow and unstable. When I connected my mobile phone, most of the time the phone would fall back to 3G in order to "avoid poor connection".
I would definitely not reccomend this hotel over other hotels in the area. I really do not recommend booking this hotel at regular price, and I did not change hotels only because it was a prepaid Priceline reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this stylish Orlando, Florida hotel situated close to SeaWorld(R), Universal Studios(R) and the Disney(R) Theme Parks. Welcome to the Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel, the "Gateway to Orlando Attractions" in Central Florida. This full-service hotel offers the best in customer service for both business and leisure travelers. Guests will be minutes from Universal Studios, the Islands of Adventure theme park and the Hard Rock Amphitheatre where visitors can enjoy local concerts. Each well-appointed guest room and suite at this Orlando hotel features cable satellite television with HBO(R) and free high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests will find great dining onsite at the hotel's restaurant or cocktail lounge. The hotel is also ideal for group travel with full-business services and meeting facilities, perfect for conferences, family reunions and other events. The Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel also features a fitness center, guest laundry and tennis and basketball courts. Guests staying at the Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel will be less than ten miles from local attractions such as the Walt Disney World Resort and Theme Parks, SeaWorld, Discovery Cove and Disney's the Wide World of Sports. Corporate travelers staying at this Florida hotel will be close to the Orlando/Orange County Convention Center, Coleman Aerospace, L-3 Communications and Lockheed Martine Missiles and Fore Control. Hotel guests will also enjoy sky diving at the indoor Sky Venture, less than one mile away.The Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel is proud to offer superior customer service and a convenient location in Orlando. Make a reservation today and save! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel Florida
- Clarion Orlando
- Clarion Hotel Universal
- Orlando Clarion