“Pet friendly??”

Ranked #118 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Mississauga, Canada
“Pet friendly??”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was our second time at this hotel. Love the location and staff is friendly. We brought our small shin poo this time. It is pet friendly but you can only leave pet in room for one hour per day by itself. We found it difficult to go out for a sit down dinner so we had take out the whole week. It should be a couple of hours. We like the hotel but don't bother bringing your pet!!

Room Tip: Bottom floor has rooms with direct access to pool area. Typically handicap rooms but great for famil...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Bill J, General Manager at Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Chewie,

Thank you for you review, we are delighted that you returned to stay with us during you last trip to Orlando. However, we do not have a requirement that you only leave your dog alone in the room for one hour. I know that if your dog is barking or scratching at the door, we will call the owner to come "rescue" them but don't have a standing requirement for you to be with your pets all of the time.

We love our 4 legged guests and their owners too! I do hope to see you again when you return to Orlando.

Bill Jones, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in June with our two children aged 7 and 3. Nice room, comfortable with good facilities. We didn't use the pool but it looked fine. We made the mistake of eating in the hotel restaurant one of the nights (kids exhausted after a day at Universal so couldn't face taking them out). Poor menu & everything was covered in salt. We would stay at the hotel again but would never eat there again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sally,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us and am delighted that you enjoyed our rooms and would return tot he hotel. I will certainly pass on your comments to our F&B Director so that he can address them with his staff. I apologize that you did not enjoy the dining portion of your stay with us.

I hope to see you soon!

General manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We booked this hotel online back in June after looking for a location to stay while taking a vacation to Orlando to Universal studios, Islands of Adventure and Legoland Florida. The stay was great. We were always greeted with friendly hotel staff who were always helpful in making things good for our visit. We stayed on the 7th floor. Everything worked great and the beds were extremely comfortable. The only issue that we experienced during our week stay was the Air Conditioner in our room made the floor a bit wet, but on our checkout the front desk adjusted our bill because of the AC making the floor wet. The AC still kept the room cool.

I read other reviews about people saying "Don't waste your time" with the free shuttle to Universal- but I will say that it worked great and runs on the specified times like clockwork. If you are going on vacation to Universal- TAKE THE FREE SHUTTLE. It is complements of the hotel and runs several times a day both in the morning and the evening. All you need to do is go to the Ticket booth in the Hotel lobby. The best time to get your free passes is in in the morning around 7:30 AM-7:45 AM; as it can be busy with groups getting ready to board the bus to go the parks. You will just need to let the attendant know how many are in your group and then make sure you are in the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes prior to the schedule bus arrival. Then the bus will take you and your party to Universal for the day. You have now saved a parking fee and not having to drive your own vehicle to Universal. When you leave in the afternoon or the late evening, the last bus run back to the hotel is 8:00 PM. Even though the parks are normally open until 10PM- if you go to the parks early when they open between 8-9AM; by 6PM you will be ready to back to the hotel.

Overall- if you are looking for a decent hotel with a pool, jacuzzis, laundry facilities, a deli, restaurant, microwaves in the rooms and micro fridges, and a great staff; the Best Western Orlando Gateway is a great hotel. I would recommend this to a family if someone asked for a recommendation.

While we were there- the staff even enrolled me into the Best Western Rewards program too, at no cost to me.

A great value for a family vacation.

Dear 2ndsout,

Thank you for the great review. I certainly appreciate the detail you shared regarding your stay and hope other will appreciate the comments you made and the tips you shared for the Universal Shuttle. Excellent points and defiantly worth taking to avoid the costs of parking at the attractions.

Again, thank you for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Leland, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Everyone was so friendly and very helpful. At check-in Tonya answered all questions we had. Throughout our stay as we encountered any staff, they greeted us and asked how we were doing and wished us a good day. It was like staying with friends or family. The room was really clean and very well decorated. The internet worked great and fast. We ate at the hotel restaurant and the food was delicious. We would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for the terrific comments you had regarding our staff. I was pleased to read that you felt like you were a member of our family. That's exactly the atmosphere that we work to achieve at the hotel for all of our guests and associates.

I will pass your comments on and we hope to see you again soon!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I think people hold hotels to impossible standards. I have a few criteria for hotels:

1) Is it safe and secure?
2) Is it clean and comfortable?
3) Are the amenities in working order?
4) Is it in a good location?
5) Is the staff friendly and helpful?

For the Best Western Gateway, the answers to all of those are yes.

My only nitpick is that the air conditioning didn't really circulate the air in my room too well. However, that's just because I like to feel the air blowing on me. The other thing is not Best Western's fault at all. It's these stupid parents that let their kids go nuts out by the pool. There's playing and relaxing and then there's that. Oh well.

In all honesty, when I saw Best Western come up as my hotel on Priceline, I was really disappointed. However, this hotel surpassed all my expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear itsme,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to see that we met and exceeded your expectations. Our goal is to provide each guest with a clean, comfortable, safe and affordable accommodations while providing superior customer service. Your touch points are our exact mission statement.

We certainly hope to see you again in the near future.

Florida,Usa
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Booked our one day stay at Hotels.com. Made a mistake on the date and in minutes I contacted Hotels.com. They put me on hold for a few minutes and came back to tell me that they could not make any changes and that I would have to pay for the reservation. I immediately contacted Best Western Gateway and spoke to a very nice young lady (Diana). Told her my predicament, and she was able to cancel the reservation. I then went to Priceline and booked with them for an even cheaper rate. I am glad I did not give up because upon arriving at Best Western Gateway I was greeted with a smile and our stay was very enjoyable. Everyone was very helpful and the room was very nice. Would stay there again. Oh, I met Diana!

Room Tip: Stayed on the 8th floor to make sure no one would be on top. Have had bad experiences at other hote...
1 Thank LuluFla
Dear Lulu,

Thank you for your review. We understand that things happen and I am glad that Diana was able to take care of your reservation and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly hope you will come back and see us again in the near future.

United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here because it was in walking distance of Universal parks. Only slept here 4 nights and swam in the pool once - which was NICE! The staff was great too. It's everything you would expect from a stay at a Best Western. Not too expensive or fancy so the complaints about it being "dirty" or outdated are a little over the top. If you want a first class stay - get a 5 star hotel. No problems with this hotel in my mind and I've stayed at many. The kids were even happy with it!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bill J, General Manager at Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Bobby Y,

Thank you for your review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. I appreciate your comments and was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and hat you found everything to be clean and comfortable. I was especially glad to see that the kids liked it!

Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!