We just returned from a one week stay here, and aside from the slight noise problems that others have mentioned (air conditioning was effective but loud, and there was a little noise from the corridors but it didn't keep us awake), we couldn't fault it!
The staff are great - housekeeping adhered to our "Do not disturb" sign (and did a great job of making up the room each day). Reception were efficient, and very helpful in letting us store our luggage on the last day.
Facilities-wise, a major bonus for us was the free in-room wifi, as well as the hairdryer, iron/ironing board, microwave, fridge and coffee-maker with coffee bags, sugar, creamer and disposable cups supplied. There's a Walgreens about a 5 minute walk away and we saved a small fortune buying our bottles of water/soda here, refrigerating it, and taking some with us each day on our trips. Also in the room was a flatscreen TV, small safe, and a table and two chairs. We had a room with two double beds which were really comfy and the sheets were clean and soft.
The small deli/gift shop is useful if you don't want to go out of the hotel late at night as it's open 24/7, and there's a small video games arcade too. The pool looked nice, as did the restaurant, but we didn't use them. There was an ice machine on a couple of floors, laundry facilities on a few of the other floors, and vending machines on others.
Before we arrived we were a little apprehensive about not having a car, but we needn't have worried at all. The hotel is in a great location for getting the Lynx bus as there is a stop right outside on both sides of the road, with a crosswalk right outside too. We checked the Lynx website and bought our 16.00 USD one-week tickets a few weeks in advance - they even deliver to the UK for free! The Link 42 goes direct to/from Orlando International Airport and takes about an hour, but is only 2 dollars each way if you don't have a pass - I wish we had public transport as good as that over here! We did Disney too, and for that you need to take a Link 8, then transfer to the Link 50 at Seaworld. Very easy even for tourists like us, but it can take a while.
The trolley stop is next to the Lynx stop, but we didn't use it as the Lynx system seemed quicker and less busy (the trolley is aimed towards tourists and you can tell, as there were often huge gatherings of people at those stops).
We walked to Universal Studios and back a few times, as it was only about a 20 minute walk away and really easy to get to on foot. The hotel does have a shuttle to Universal and Seaworld too, though we were warned that you need to book early for this.
We'd definitely stay here again. Thanks to all the staff at the Rosen Inn!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Rosen Inn, an affordable hotel conveniently located in the heart of world-famous entertainment and shopping in Orlando. Stay with us and experience the resort atmosphere and quality that is the standard of the Rosen Hotel & Resorts family of properties. This Rosen Inn hotel closest to Universal Orlando(R) Resort and near Wet n' Wild(R) Orlando offers more than convenience in location. It also offers comfort, security, and its own set of luxuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rosen Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Hotel Orlando
- Rodeway International Inn
- Rodeway Inn Orlando
- Rodeway Inn International Orlando Fl
- Orlando Rodeway Inn
- Rosen Inn Orlando, Florida