“Loved our stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #105 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Scotland
“Loved our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have just returned from a fabulous 1 week stay in orlando. The location was absolutely perfect as we walked to universal for 3 of the days (20 min walk) and then crossed the road for wet n wild. The i trolley stop is just outside the hotel and at $12 for the weeks stay it was fantastic as we hardly had to use the car. The I trolley went the whole length of international drive so we managed to visit both outlets plus all the restaurants which we wanted to go to. We did visit the mall at millenia and the florida mall and used the car for these visits.
Overall the hotel was really good. It was very clean , tidy and comfortable. We asked for a high room with a view of universal and that's what we got. There is a fridge in the hotel, coffee machine and ice box and all came in very handy. We used the pool once and found the sun beds to be very comfy. Okay this is not a 5 star hotel but it has everything you need for a very pleasant stay and at the price it is just a fantastic base. We have travelled all over the world and it's one of the best 3 star hotels we have stayed at. Service at the desk was always good especially Emily.
Will definitely return one day :-)

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lorna B
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Lorna B!

Wow! You’re a shopper like me! I hope you found everything you needed at each of the malls. I will certainly direct your review to Emily’s leaders so that she is properly recognized. Thank you for a great review- It offers a lot of information about our room attributes for our future guest. We hope to see you again when your world travels brings you back to the Orlando area!

Thank you.

Phone: 407.996.9939 | Fax: 407.996.3157

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Recently back from 2 week stay the Rosen Inn. The location is great with universal studios about 20 min walk away and wet&wild is across the road with a 5 min walk. It is also good location for itrolley stop right at the hotel and for restaurants. Hotel has plenty of free car parking spaces if you have a car.

The hotel room was clean and tidy with fridge, safe, tv, microwave and the king size bed which was very big and comfortable. Staff were pleasant. The breakfasts were average with good selection.

The pool is kept clean and tidy, hotel provides towels at the pool however there could be more shades.

The things I didn't like about the hotel was every night when we returned to the hotel there was flyers through the door for local takeaways which led me to believe anyone could get into the hotel corridors and lack of hotel security, plus it is rather annoying. The air con is very loud and you can't open the sliding door/window to let air into the room. The house keeping were mean with the toilet paper ie little paper left on the roll was not replaced, there was a couple of times we had to ask for toilet paper.

There was one night that there was a lot of teenagers in the hotel for school trip, it was very loud with raised voices, banging of doors about 1am for an hour, it did disturb our sleep, no hotel staff appeared to make attempts to stop or reduce the noise.

I would return to the Rosen Inn as it was a good base for the theme parks.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank C R
C R,

Thank you for offering the positive and negative aspects of you experience. Please rest assure that 24 hour security is in place for your safety. I personally apologize for the local flyers giving you a reason to think your safety was at stake, as security is our top priority. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss this or any other matter further. I am, however, so pleased to read the location of our hotel presented convenience for your entire stay.

We hope to see you in the near future! Safe travels!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Our Travel agent suggested this hotel and we were happy with tis advice as central to holiday parks and lots of restaurants nearby.Trolley bus at door takes u along the main drag or lots to see walking.
We were located at side of main hotel in 2 level outhouse.Had to drag bags along and thru hotel area passed pool area and it was confusing so we had to ask room staff for directions.Room was o.k nothing special.Would recommend you demand to be located in main building.

Room Tip: There are about five Rosen hotels in Orlando area.This one is probably the older one.Stay in main ho...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brett62_10
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Brett62_10,

Thank you for your review! We’re glad your travels brought you to us from down under. We hope you choose Rosen Hotels & Resorts in the future again! Our sister properties are position conveniently all throughout nearby theme parks locations of Orlando. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if you return for another holiday to make room special request or additional information on our other hotels and resorts. Take care!

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I checked into this hotel on 22nd april 2014. It was my first time at this hotel and i wasnt impressed. Staff at the hotel desk were unhelpful and didn't care about their customers. I was woken up at 3am EVERY NIGHT due to kids on my floor. These kids took up about 10 rooms which surrounded mine and in the early hours of the morning they would shout to eachother down the corridor, bang doors and play music. Despite reporting this to reception every night, nothing was done and i had disrupted sleep everynight. The room was dirty. There was hairs on my bed and in the bath, stained bed sheets, torn bed sheets and dust everywhere.
The balcony door didnt open (fire hazard) so i could get no fresh air to soothe my headaches from the noisy school kids. Air con system is so loud you have to shout to be heard. Windows were filthy so you couldn't see out them, i had no idea what my view was! Also there was no shaded areas by the pool.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere, there is a hotel down the road called the Renaissance which looked a lot nicer, and wa...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank broadley1988
broadley1988,

I sincerely apologize for your less than acceptable accommodations and experience. Please do take a moment to reach out to me personally in order to discuss further details of your stay. I will get in contact with who I need to in order to make sure we can recover what seems to have been a really poor experience for you.

Thank you.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed at the Rosen Inn for 4 nights in April. Chose this hotel based on location and price and we were not disappointed. You can get to the Universal Parks in a short taxi ride for around $10 each way. There is a free shuttle service to the parks but this hotel was the first pick up of around 5 or 6 so we preferred to get a taxi. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We ate breakfast at the hotel a couple of times and it was OK. Nothing special but reasonably priced and had a fairly good choice. Hotel rooms are spacious and clean and we had a great view of the parks. The pool area was always really clean and tidy and was mostly pretty quiet. Couldn't really pick any faults with this hotel. It is basic but has everything you need. I would recommend and we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katie M
Katie M,

Thank you! We appreciate your informative review for our future guest to read when choosing to stay with us. We certainly thank you for giving your suggestions for transportation as this is primarily our guests reason to stay with us! We hope to see you for many holidays to come!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Lovely rooms but on the small side and doubles not queens. But for the money excellent value. Reception staff could be more pleasant (some are sharp), and guest services trying to sell timeshares to you is not ideal! Applebees opposite does very nice food and appears very new. Dairy Queen couple of doors down is great too (their 5 dollar lunch is excellent). Pool area nice and clean but towels rather small.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shelley H
farlkirk49, thank you!

We appreciate reviews that suggest the great value in our hotel. We always look for ways to improve our service for you and our future guest. We hope to have you and your family return to visit with us soon!

Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Now please I do not want to go on and on about the hotel in a big way as I think that I have covered that in my previous reviews (three I think) about this hotel but as this was my 10th visit to the hotel things have over the years changed in some respects...... The name of the hotel has gone from the International Inn, The Rodeway International, The Rodeway and now the Rosen Inn but the quality of stay has got better with every name change.

I have just returned from yet another two week stay at the hotel and it has not disapointed in any way. My twin girls have now celebrated their past 4 birthdays in Orlando and as this was last oportunity for a while to come to Orlando we wanted this to be special so we stayed in our favourite hotel the Rosen Inn. The staff from the front reception staff to the security staff and from the Cleaning Staff to the ever happy Joan who serves at the breakfast at the hotel we could not ask for anything else. Ever friendly and allways there to solve any problems or things you need to know and for advice. Not had one un-friendly memebr of staff at the hotel and I appreciate that sometimes things do go wrong but as long as they are resoved adequately what more can you ask.

The location of the hotel is second to none what with all the restaurants all around you and the I ride trolley bus stop just outside the hotel International Drive is at your mercy. There is a Ponderosa restaurant just across the road and a Water Park (Wet'nWild) about 200 yards up the street so what more can you ask for.

The rooms are a basic but then again what do you want to have when you are barely in them for more than to sleep. We must have spent only about 2 Hours a day in the room awake as we are out in the morning and return at night. They had the usual Coffee maker (Not Used) better coffee downstairs, The microwave (Not Used) as we were eating out all the time (we are on holiday you know) and a TV. No DVD player this year so they may have dropped this due to them not being used....... I never used them in all the years I was going there if I am honest.... The room we stayed in had two queen sized beds and suited us as my twin girls shared one and we shared the other. There is a faciulity to hire a roll away bed if there is a need for one.

We did not need to make use of the Pub, Games room and the Gym was not high on my requirements as I was on Holiday so cannot really comment on these but all looked clean and fresh so I am sure they were up to the usual Rosen Standards.

The pool is clean and well cared for and the towels are a God's send when you want to have the dip in the pool and not have wet towels all around your room. The pool has a disabled access lift into the pool which will aid less mobile travellers and is a great addition to this area. The pool is a little small but is never full and with all of the Water Parks around may be a lace to simply relax and cool off at times.

Now I think that no review is complete unless you look at the downside if there are any and one thing that really does deserve a mention is the noise from the guests that are apparent some nights. As we went in April/May the hotel was a little quiet but in the quiet times I am sure that this is the time when the hotel is available to school visits to the area. Now do not get me wrong this in itself is not a problem as I am sure the area has numerous kids events at this time and the kids need somewhere to stay but its the noise that came with them that is a problem. The hotel should really make some changes to their planning if they are to rent out large amounts of rooms to visiting schools. At the start of the holiday for two nights we had the teenagers banging their doors and running the corridor gauntlet and talking and sahouting down the corridors which my wife had to endure as I and the children are heavy sleepers and was lost to the world. This happened to about two in the morning so was not a great start to the breakl. A third night was unlucky for them as I was awake at this time as it that started earlier and they had me going into the corridor and asking them in my imitable way to please keep the noise down and in their rooms as some guests were on vacation and trying to get to sleep. Other than these three nights the other 11 nights were very peaceful (after I had my little chat with them).

So please Management why not try and do some juggling and get the holiday guests on one floor and the visiting school as this may at least give us holiday makers a chance to keep apart from the possible noise as this I fear is a common theme that runs through the reviews on this site. Why not give them the bottom two or three floors so that the reception staff will get to hear the noise as well and perhaps the security will be able to action it sooner. Perhaps give the schools a note that says that there are other guests at the hotel that must be respected and that noise into the early hours is not appreciated or tolerated.

So other than that the hotel was once again living up to my expectations and the only down side now is that we now have to wait another three years before we are able to return to the hotel due to my twin girls schooling and we need to raise the cash to pay for all of the fun that Orlando brings.

Regards

Whiteshodan.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank whiteshodan
whiteshodan-

Wow! Thank you for such a great review! I personally appreciate the time and thoughtfulness you put into this review. We have so much gratitude for guest like you and your family who visit with us year after year. Holidays with your family then and now as your family grows, is what inspires us to continually offer excellence in guest service. Thank you. I will forward your review to Joan’s manager to recognize her for her great service you have mentioned. I am happy you touched on small improvements we can make due to our efforts to best recover these issue. I will get in touch with our front desk managers to pass on your suggestions regarding better blocked rooms and make other guest aware of our visiting school groups. Please feel free to contact me directly when you take your next holiday to the Orlando area. We do hope you consider staying with us again here at the Rosen Inn closest to Universal. I would like to personally accommodate any celebrations or special request you would like to have during your stay. Thank you again for being a loyal guest with us at the Rosen Hotels & Resorts. All the best to you and your family, cheers!