“awful hotel”

Ranked #108 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Liverpool
“awful hotel”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Rooms were dirty, beds didn't get changed or even made properly. Air con was so loud i felt like i was on an airport runway, no window to open to get any fresh air. Security was none existent, unlimited flyers getting posted under room doorways everyday even though we'd been advised not to use the places they advertised. Got moved from one room because it was infested with huge ants, obviously a problem they'd had for a while they were literally coming out of the woodwork!!
The only good thing about this hotel was the location, ideal for visiting all the parks but there are plenty of hotels along international drive to choose from. i seriously would not put yourself through staying in this one.

2 Thank gmgn74
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
I’m so sorry to hear this, gmgn74.

This is definitely not the norm for our hotel as you can tell from the other reviews and I’m so sorry to hear you had this experience.

If you would like to talk in more depth about your stay, please let me know. I’m here for you.

Troy Shoemaker
9939 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32821
Direct Line: 407-996-1474
Cellular: 407-832-1569
Fax: 407-996-3157
tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Manchester, England
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks again this year, It is a great hotel so welcoming and warm -On our previous visits we made friends at this hotel and are what make us come back each year. Joan, Margaret & Louis in the breakfast buffet are lovely always smilng and helpfull. There was 2 young ladies on reception who were very helpfull and really nice, The barman in the hotel was also a nice guy. (Sorry didn't get your names).
The pool is lovely nice and cool especially when it is very hot.

The hotel has a games room, gym, bar, big reception area and also a travel desk where you can book taxis and bus tranfers to disney.
If you don't want to pay the taxi/bus fares to disney (Around $20Each) you can get 2 buses to disney $2 each bus and takes around an hour.

You can get the I-Ride down to sea world and get off the stop before seaworld ask the driver you want the stop for disney but guaranteed someone will get off anyway - Then you cross over and get the no 50 bus takes you right to disney - You will need the very last stop, Then once you have arrived you get the monorail to Magic Kingdom (then free buses if you want to go to the other parks.)
(If you get the I Ride finishes about 10pm & and the lynx bus which is the no 50 about 11pm

This hotel is right near Wet n Wild, You can walk to Universal & Universal Island of Adventures takes about 15 minutes or most hotels have a free transfer bus but it takes ages and picks everyone up!
Seaworld is down the road about 15 mins on the I-Ride.

There are plenty of places to eat whilst you are there, I Hop is nice, Applebees, Chillis, Ponderosa to name a few, There is a also a sports bar/wing bar down the road just before pizza hut it does boneless/winged in mild-to hooottttt sauces it is nice in there and they have every sport on the many tv's they have in there worth a trip.
Across the road is a little hut in the shape of an ice-cream have a visit they do everything and its delish!

If you are thinking of going the theme parks buy your tickets before you go - they will be cheaper. There are plenty of website just search google.

Disney is very expensive, but you can pay on the door for about $100Each but that is for all 4 parks. Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Epcot & Hollywood Studios.

If you are planning a hol, book this hotel you wont be dissapointed.

:):)

Room Tip: If you smoke they have an anex building or if you want to walk out of your door to get fresh air ask...
15 Thank cazibaby
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
cazibaby,

I am so appreciative of all of your great suggestions and recommondation. You nailed this review to a “T”… even down to the ice cream… almost an necessity here in the tropical climates of Central Florida! I may even reference your review myself- you were very accuate regarding the LYNX public transportation and I-Ride Trolley. It thrills me to read you have gotten your bearings here in Orlando and hopefuly every stay feels like a home away from home. I will certainly pass your review onto our managers to praise the associates you’ve named. Please feel free to contact me in the future if you need anything… I would be more than happy to assist you. Thank you again for taking the time to write us a well informing review! All the best to you and your family!

Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Excellent location for Universal just a walk away even the 6yr old was doing it by end of holiday, Wet n Wild right across the road, loads of eating places around and breakfast in hotel was fab, Lynx bus stops and I ride trolleys right outside $2 dollars a ride we even used the Lynx 42 to get back to the airport it was just a few stops further along from the Florida Mall, will defo have my dollars ready to get on at airport the next time. All your designer shops just a few stops up from the hotel at the Premium Outlets, my budget was T J Max and a dollar shop in the retail park just a couple of stops before the Outlets, but hey I still got designer stuff lol, there was a funfair park in the area too but its not really necessary to pay extra when you are going to all the parks but it was lovely looking at all the lights from it from our room on the 9th floor, we also saw universal fireworks a couple of nights, room was a fab size on par with Marriot in UK, beds were super comfy big soft pillow top, we backed onto the lifts but it wasn't a problem as we had our earplugs in for the air conditioning lol, the room had everything you need fridge, micro, coffee machine, bathroom was fine the baths are not dirty as other people have said they just lack any enamel, my daughter managed perfectly fine with the bath mat provided, always plenty towels, toiletries, maids always there every day. Washer dryers on alternate floors perfect, all hotel staff very professional, would defo stay here again on our budget. Folk need to realise your effectively living in a block of flats for your holiday off course there will be noise! I got home to our semi and couldn't sleep its too quiet lol.

Room Tip: Top floors are going to be quieter
5 Thank davepaton314
Foghorndave, my fellow “Maxxinista”!

Thank you for a great review! I am so happy to read we offered everything you needed and more. You have provided great tips and recommendations for our future guest… even those alike who are looking for designer looks at a bargin price! We look forward to your return to the hustle and bustle of Orlando and always welcome you here! Thank you, again. Safe travels to you and your family.

sheffield
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

After flying into a tornado, being stuck by lighting and finally landing with the fire crews hosing down the plane as we hit the tarmac! We were so relieved to hit the US soil!!! Upon arrival to the Rosen Inn (opposite Wet n Wild) we were greated by wonderful reception staff who couldn't be more helpful. The location was perfect for all parks with Universal just a strol away and Disney just a bus ride away! The pool was ample and the buffet breakfast unbeatable overall a a great hotel with the most comfy beds which you will need after a day in any of the parks! Thank you to all the Rosen staff :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank eatonfamily4
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
eatonfamily4,

Wow! What a horrific experience! I am so happy you made it safely to the USA and had a wonderful time with us. We wish you safe travels and hope for a return stay with us. I hope for sunshine and blue skies next visit to the USA. Thank you for your review!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Typically I prefer larger chain hotels - Marriotts, etc. - but in this particular case we opted to stay at the cheaper alternative. The rooms were a little bit on the small side, but clean and comfortable. They had a microwave and fridge, and the air conditioner kept it pleasantly cool. The room opened to the exterior, but despite being in very busy area it was not overly noisy or busy. There were a number of restaurants on the block, a couple of which were quite good. The morning breakfast buffet was excellent (plenty of low-carb food, important to me) and kids ate free. It was an enjoyable stay, and the only negative was that the front window of the room seemed to have a crack in it that allowed some outside (i.e. dusty and hot) air to seep in. But it was a pleasant stay in a good location - would stay again.

Room Tip: We liked the "smaller" building, away from the pool - seemed quieter.
1 Thank sschoenly
sschoenly,

Thank you for your review. I greatly appreciate the time you’ve taken to write us one! We’re very pleased that you gave us and try and enjoyed the experience. Serving low-crab breakfast daily! We’re looking forward to your return visit. Safe travels!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Myself and my partner have recently returned from a two week stay at Rosen inn and once again we were not disappointed. We stayed two years previously and decided to return as we had such an enjoyable time then. For the price you can't beat it , service is really good , rooms cleaned most days , great pool area and ideally situated for everything you need to do , I trolley stop directly outside hotel , a lot of nice restaurants within the area but would also recommend going down to pointe orlando with all of its restaurants and bars. If you enjoy walking Universal is a really pleasant half an hour walk away and about the same walk to Walmarts on a Turkey lake road. All in all would highly recommend a stay at the Rosen inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Blueboy1962
Blueboy1962…

Thank you for your recoomendations for our future guest. We certainly welcome you back for many holidays to come! Safe travels to you and your family. Please feel free to reach out to me if you need anything for your future visits. Thank you, again!

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have to say I did have high hopes for this hotel as I have read some previous reviews and they all said great things. I wasn’t disappointed and myself and my partner really enjoyed our stay. Hotel room was cleaned every day, clean sheets and clean towels every day. The room had a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. The bathroom was a bit small but this never really bothered either of us. Pool was a fine size never crowded, they also provided free towels. Breakfast was good for $7 all you can eat plus tip and VAT. Staff were very friendly and we had no problems what so ever. The best thing I can say about this hotel is that the location is perfect for Universal! We walked to Universal every time and it was no hassle at all, took about 15-20 minutes. Also the I-Trolley bus stops just outside the hotel and we used this to go up and down International Drive, also the Lynx 42 stops outside across the road and this gets you to the Florida Mall! To get to Disney we used the I-Trolley South to stop 32 at Sea World and then crossed over the road to get the Lynx 50 and this takes you to Downtown Disney and Magic Kingdom Transportation centre, from there you can get to the other parks. We stayed on the 9th Floor (top floor) and it had a nice view, you can also see the fireworks from Universal at night. We will definitely be staying here again!! We also tried the onsite Japanese Shogun restaurant and the bar, both were excellent (on arrival you should get a 50% off voucher for the Shogun!). Forgot to mention the free WI-FI which was very handy! Overall an excellent stay!

Room Tip: Get a room high up as less noise and ask for a view of Universal or WetnWild
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jodie R
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Jodz89, wow! What a great 5 star review.

We thank you for including helpful tips for our future guest. Giving alternative ways for transportation always ensures our guest can travel with ease to and from their destination. Shogun’s is definietly a favorite of ours! We appreciate the time you took to write us a wonderful review. Feel free to contact my personally if you return with us in the future! It would be my pleasure to make special request for another high floor room and view of Universal. Thank you!