“Good prices,great staff, close to attractions”
Review of Rosen Inn

Rosen Inn
Ranked #107 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Lakeland, Florida
“Good prices,great staff, close to attractions”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We chose this hotel because of it's proximity to Universal. $6 cab ride late at night. Around $12 at peak times. The room was very clean and even had a small fridge and microwave which was a surprise. Coffeemaker also in the room. We had a room facing the pool and the view was quite nice. The front desk staff are very professional and friendly. There is a Japanese restaurant on site as well as a pub and game room for the kids. We didn't use these facilities so I cannot comment on them. It's definitely more of a budget hotel but we had no complaints as we just came in for a concert and weren't looking for a fancy, higher priced resort on this stay. The only drawback is that the room is very dark in burgundy colors and dark woods so it made it a little depressing. Also, the outside door is very heavy and loud from room to room as people have to slam it to get it to shut. Overall, great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Depplep
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
A Steelers fan?!... From a fellow Pittsburghese, Thank you Depplep!

I appreciate the time you have taken to write us a review. Thank you for recommending transportation options for our future guest. I hope we can accomandate for everything you need in your next visit with us. All the best to ‘yenz!

Phone: 407.996.9939 | Fax: 407.996.3157

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is the best hotel of the "non luxury" part of international drive, it has all that you need for a trip to visit the parks and the tourist side of orlando, plenty of restaurants close to it and very close to universal studios and wet n wild., good japanese restaurant in the hotel.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Zefer13
Thank you, Zefer13.

We hope to see you visit back with us from Canada soon!

My stay was May 30-June 2
There are no frills to this hotel, but it is all you need for a short vacation in Orlando. Inexpensive, clean, quiet, convenient. My original reservations were at the Rosen Inn International, a couple of miles closer to where I needed to go every day, the Orange County Convention Center. But my flight was an early morning one, and when I asked for an early check-in at 8:30 am, they gave me the option to take me to this hotel since there was a room available.
I checked in easily, friendly and knowledgable staff, no doubt graduates of the Rosen Hospitality College. My departing flight was at evening time, and I asked for a late check out, and they gave the option to pay $25 in order to stay till 3, which I took.
Most of the guests were cost-concious Europeans, mostly families. Universal, Wet n Wild are within 15 min walking distance. iTrolley stops right in front of the hotel, best bargain if you have the time and are patient.
No grocery stores nearby if you are walking or iTrolley-ing. But there is a fantastic Whole Foods Market 6 stops and a quick walk away. Lots of restaurants, souvenir shops, etc. nearby.

Room Tip: I had an east facing room, and could watch the sun rise daily. It could get hot during the day, but...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank FuquayFam
FuquayFam…

That was a lovely room tip you suggested. Thank you! I am appreciative of the time your took to write us a review. It reads that everything was well accomandated for your return from a long day of conferences. Thanking for choosing Rosen Hotels & Resorts. We hope to have you return for a future stay!

Liverpool
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Rooms were dirty, beds didn't get changed or even made properly. Air con was so loud i felt like i was on an airport runway, no window to open to get any fresh air. Security was none existent, unlimited flyers getting posted under room doorways everyday even though we'd been advised not to use the places they advertised. Got moved from one room because it was infested with huge ants, obviously a problem they'd had for a while they were literally coming out of the woodwork!!
The only good thing about this hotel was the location, ideal for visiting all the parks but there are plenty of hotels along international drive to choose from. i seriously would not put yourself through staying in this one.

2 Thank gmgn74
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
I’m so sorry to hear this, gmgn74.

This is definitely not the norm for our hotel as you can tell from the other reviews and I’m so sorry to hear you had this experience.

If you would like to talk in more depth about your stay, please let me know. I’m here for you.

Troy Shoemaker
Fax: 407-996-3157
tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com
Manchester, England
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks again this year, It is a great hotel so welcoming and warm -On our previous visits we made friends at this hotel and are what make us come back each year. Joan, Margaret & Louis in the breakfast buffet are lovely always smilng and helpfull. There was 2 young ladies on reception who were very helpfull and really nice, The barman in the hotel was also a nice guy. (Sorry didn't get your names).
The pool is lovely nice and cool especially when it is very hot.

The hotel has a games room, gym, bar, big reception area and also a travel desk where you can book taxis and bus tranfers to disney.
If you don't want to pay the taxi/bus fares to disney (Around $20Each) you can get 2 buses to disney $2 each bus and takes around an hour.

You can get the I-Ride down to sea world and get off the stop before seaworld ask the driver you want the stop for disney but guaranteed someone will get off anyway - Then you cross over and get the no 50 bus takes you right to disney - You will need the very last stop, Then once you have arrived you get the monorail to Magic Kingdom (then free buses if you want to go to the other parks.)
(If you get the I Ride finishes about 10pm & and the lynx bus which is the no 50 about 11pm

This hotel is right near Wet n Wild, You can walk to Universal & Universal Island of Adventures takes about 15 minutes or most hotels have a free transfer bus but it takes ages and picks everyone up!
Seaworld is down the road about 15 mins on the I-Ride.

There are plenty of places to eat whilst you are there, I Hop is nice, Applebees, Chillis, Ponderosa to name a few, There is a also a sports bar/wing bar down the road just before pizza hut it does boneless/winged in mild-to hooottttt sauces it is nice in there and they have every sport on the many tv's they have in there worth a trip.
Across the road is a little hut in the shape of an ice-cream have a visit they do everything and its delish!

If you are thinking of going the theme parks buy your tickets before you go - they will be cheaper. There are plenty of website just search google.

Disney is very expensive, but you can pay on the door for about $100Each but that is for all 4 parks. Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Epcot & Hollywood Studios.

If you are planning a hol, book this hotel you wont be dissapointed.

:):)

Room Tip: If you smoke they have an anex building or if you want to walk out of your door to get fresh air ask...
15 Thank cazibaby
cazibaby,

I am so appreciative of all of your great suggestions and recommondation. You nailed this review to a “T”… even down to the ice cream… almost an necessity here in the tropical climates of Central Florida! I may even reference your review myself- you were very accuate regarding the LYNX public transportation and I-Ride Trolley. It thrills me to read you have gotten your bearings here in Orlando and hopefuly every stay feels like a home away from home. I will certainly pass your review onto our managers to praise the associates you’ve named. Please feel free to contact me in the future if you need anything… I would be more than happy to assist you. Thank you again for taking the time to write us a well informing review! All the best to you and your family!

Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Excellent location for Universal just a walk away even the 6yr old was doing it by end of holiday, Wet n Wild right across the road, loads of eating places around and breakfast in hotel was fab, Lynx bus stops and I ride trolleys right outside $2 dollars a ride we even used the Lynx 42 to get back to the airport it was just a few stops further along from the Florida Mall, will defo have my dollars ready to get on at airport the next time. All your designer shops just a few stops up from the hotel at the Premium Outlets, my budget was T J Max and a dollar shop in the retail park just a couple of stops before the Outlets, but hey I still got designer stuff lol, there was a funfair park in the area too but its not really necessary to pay extra when you are going to all the parks but it was lovely looking at all the lights from it from our room on the 9th floor, we also saw universal fireworks a couple of nights, room was a fab size on par with Marriot in UK, beds were super comfy big soft pillow top, we backed onto the lifts but it wasn't a problem as we had our earplugs in for the air conditioning lol, the room had everything you need fridge, micro, coffee machine, bathroom was fine the baths are not dirty as other people have said they just lack any enamel, my daughter managed perfectly fine with the bath mat provided, always plenty towels, toiletries, maids always there every day. Washer dryers on alternate floors perfect, all hotel staff very professional, would defo stay here again on our budget. Folk need to realise your effectively living in a block of flats for your holiday off course there will be noise! I got home to our semi and couldn't sleep its too quiet lol.

Room Tip: Top floors are going to be quieter
5 Thank davepaton314
Foghorndave, my fellow “Maxxinista”!

Thank you for a great review! I am so happy to read we offered everything you needed and more. You have provided great tips and recommendations for our future guest… even those alike who are looking for designer looks at a bargin price! We look forward to your return to the hustle and bustle of Orlando and always welcome you here! Thank you, again. Safe travels to you and your family.

sheffield
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

After flying into a tornado, being stuck by lighting and finally landing with the fire crews hosing down the plane as we hit the tarmac! We were so relieved to hit the US soil!!! Upon arrival to the Rosen Inn (opposite Wet n Wild) we were greated by wonderful reception staff who couldn't be more helpful. The location was perfect for all parks with Universal just a strol away and Disney just a bus ride away! The pool was ample and the buffet breakfast unbeatable overall a a great hotel with the most comfy beds which you will need after a day in any of the parks! Thank you to all the Rosen staff :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank eatonfamily4
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
eatonfamily4,

Wow! What a horrific experience! I am so happy you made it safely to the USA and had a wonderful time with us. We wish you safe travels and hope for a return stay with us. I hope for sunshine and blue skies next visit to the USA. Thank you for your review!