and 1 more site!
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

A friend and I have just had two short stays at the Wingate. I last stayed there a couple of years ago and am glad to say that it has maintained its standards of that time. The rooms were spotless and all staff, especially at the front desk, were very pleasant. Breakfast can be very busy but staff work hard to keep tables cleared and the buffet replenished. The outside pool is well looked after and popular. I certainly hope to return to the Wingate when next in Orlando and can recommend it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
I appreciate you for taking the time out of your day to give us great feedback from your recent stay with us. I am happy to see we provided you great service and our rooms were clean and fresh. We are very fortunate to be surrounded by so many restaurants, outlets, malls and many other attractions to see. I would also like to thank you on behalf of the entire staff of our property for considering us when you return to Orlando. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver another stellar experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I was very upset with the night receptionist- Leish. We were told that there was a complementary airport shuttle to the hotel and when we called she was VERY rude and told us to take a taxi, it was our problem and that she would not transfer us to the manager. Turns out, there was a airport shuttle that was cheaper than everything else, she just didn't tell us. When we arrived to the hotel she never welcomed us, said good-bye or asked us how we were doing. She claimed that my credit card was not working, threw it back to me and told me there was nothing we could do.

However, every other receptionist was super helpful. The location was AMAZING! There are a bunch of restaurants around and you can walk to Universal if you want to.

The hotel was very nice, new and spacious. Some of my towels were dirty but that wasn't a big deal because I enjoyed my room, bed, and every commedity we received. The pool and whirlpool were very nice as well. The breakfast was the same everyday, but it was delicious.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for leaving a comment about your recent stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Universal. I sincerely apologize about how unprofessional my front desk agent was. I will definitely take proper steps and training with my employee about this. I will make sure this will not happen again with any of my guest and employees. I am still very appreciative for the rating. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
Key West, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel was close to my business destination...lots of restuarant choices and shopping was only a 15 minute dirve to a major mall. Maid service was efficent and my room was as clean as my arrival each day. The work out center is very outdated...definately needs some help. The front desk associates were professional and efficient.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
I appreciate you for taking the time out of your day to give us great feedback from your recent stay with us. I am happy to see we provided you great service and our rooms were clean and fresh. We are very fortunate to be surrounded by so many restaurants, outlets, malls and many other attractions to see. I hear your concerns and when we plan to update the hotel, this will include a new equipment in the workout room. I look forward to your return. Have a wonderful day!
familylovestotravel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This place is very close to Universal. You could walk if you wanted, but I wouldn't since you will be doing so much walking in the parks. There are plenty of restaurants near by. This would be a great base for your visit to universal. Beds are comfortable, room was clean. Breakfast was fine, as others have mentioned the eggs look strange but they are edible. I wished for a little more variety, more choices of fruit, or some yogurt would have been nice. Overall good value for the money.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you very much for your review and great rating! We are happy to know that we have met your expectations in all aspects during your stay. I would also like to thank you on behalf of the entire staff of our property for considering us when you return to Orlando. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver another stellar experience.