“Nice Room and Service, Good Price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando
Ranked #177 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Space Coast, Florida
“Nice Room and Service, Good Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed during a meeting for one night, and no complaints at all. Front Desk and Breakfast staff were very personable and professional and room was good size and all you could ask for in a hotel. Breakfast was good and the online AARP rate was great. Will definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I appreciate you for taking the time out of your day to give us great feedback from your recent stay with us. I am happy to see we provided you great service and our rooms were clean and fresh. I am glad my staff was able to give you great service with a value. I look forward to seeing you again! Thank you once again for staying with us

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed in room 422 a double/double bedded room. The room was clean and in very good condition.

PRO'S

• Very good bed and pillows
• Has pool and whirlpool
• Has micro/fridge combo
• 32" flat screen is commonplace
• Solid surface counters
• NO CHARGE FOR PARKING. The Doubletree just a few blocks away was significantly more and the deal breaker for me was 20.00 a day to park and no free breakfast.
• Actual (large) coffee mugs in room was a nice touch

CON'S

• Mediocre breakfast
• Light road noises, not too bad

Overall I would give this property a 92/100 and a 95/100 for value. I would stay here in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank YepBeenThere
Thank you very much for your review and great rating! I really like the detailed breakdown of your review. You are exactly right as we try to boast more cost savings than the larger full service hotels. In regards to the cons the breakfast is a hit or miss with all my guests. Some love it, others hate it. Overall, I am happy you enjoyed your vacation. I would also like to thank you on behalf of the entire staff of our property for considering us when you return to Orlando. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver another stellar experience.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The family and I got an early start on breakfast we enjoyed it... After a long day at universal everyone was exuasted the rooms were cool waiting for us but most of all I lost my wallet and the staff went out of there way to help thanks a lot guys

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you very much for your review and great rating! We are happy to know that we have met your expectations in all aspects during your stay. It is great to hear that we found your wallet. I have been there before and its not fun loosing a wallet. I would also like to thank you on behalf of the entire staff of our property for considering us when you return to Orlando. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver another stellar experience.
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed a couple of nights earlier this month after seeing the hotel on a search engine. The photos looked welcoming so we booked. The hotel was busy when we arrived but the reception area was very acceptable. Reception staff were efficient and welcoming. The room was clean, and for the price, good value for money (We paid just over $200 for the two nights, one of which was a Saturday.) I did see the 'gym' which was very small but didnt have time to try the equipment. There was also a hot tub. The outdoor pool was quiet but relaxing, although we did hear the traffic from the I4. We went to a concert at the Amway Centre which was 4? miles east but was very easy to access as the hotel is very near the I4.We booked a third night the following week.when we returned to Orlando. The hotel was very quiet but it appeared that all others nearby were also quiet as rooms were available for less than $40. This hotel was $60 but we enjoyed our previous stay so booked again. The hotel is situated opposite an IHOP and very near to Carrabbas (Italian restaurant), McDonalds and two gas stations - very convenient. Breakfast is included and is just the usual cereal, juices, croissants, waffles, etc. I didnt notice a cooked breakfast but wouldnt normally have this anyway. Overall we were very pleased with the staff and hotel when compared with others we have stayed in and will seriously consider it when we visit Orlando again.

Room Tip: Queen rooms and king rooms appear to be the same but with one king bed the room has plenty of space...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wingate_Universal, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Welcome Back! Thank you very much for your review and great rating! We are happy to know that we have met your expectations again. I appreciate the detailed review and we will provide the same to all our future guests. We hope to serve another great experience and I am excited to see how you like the property after the renovation later this year. Thank you again for the feedback!