Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd.
US$353
US$129
US$511
US$291
  • Restaurant
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$351
US$258
Travelocity
US$516
Travelocity
All reviewsuniversal studiosfull kitchenyogurtroom was cleangolden corralwalking distancepots and pansbooked this hotela great place to stayfront desk staffshort stayfirst floorpull out couchliving areacoffee makerwalgreensesa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

When I first checked in I was greeted by a very nice man who walked me through the policies they have. He made it very clear and left me feeling like I had a good idea how the place worked. The room seemed fine at first, nothing over the top but everything seems to be in working order. However thank God I read the sign in the cabinet that said these plates are cleaned but not sanitized. After I read the sign I felt a few of the plates that were very greasy and were not clean at all. So I loaded the dishwasher only to find they didn’t clean it out after the last guest. They had tons of plastic silverware that I had to dig out of some odd places. Also the thing to organize your silverware looks like it may never have been cleaned, I tried to scrub some of the stuff off but decided to put my silverware in a few pieces of paper towel instead. I then decided to make myself some dinner only to find all of the kitchen utensils, pots, pans that they advertise each room having wasn’t there. When I called down to say there isn’t anything in the kitchen for me to make food they asked well what do you need? How about everything you promise to have in the room? They told me they may not have everything and it would be a while to track it all down. It took them about 40 minuets to bring me a few items but not everything they promise to have the kitchen stocked with. They bathroom seemed fine at check in but after a day of organizing my things into the cabinets and what not I started finding more and more disgusting things. There is a disgusting yellow layer of God knows what built up around the bottom of the toilet. It reminds me of a college kids toilet who may have never cleaned it properly. Also the toilet has very little “flush power” and typically you have to flush the toilet 3 or 4 times just to make sure everything went down. After I went under the sink to store a bin of toiletry items I found a towel from the previous guest covered in blood. Not a dab or two I mean it looked like they used it to clean up a murder and left it under the sink. How could the staff have missed that? It made my skin crawl and my immediate thought was I can’t wait to get out of this place. They have the curved shower curtain rod for more room in the shower that most hotels are going towards now. Only, the curtain doesn’t work for the rod, it ends up sliding down on both sides leaving plenty of room for water to spill out on the floor. The thermostat was set for 45 degrees when I arrived so the room was freezing. I have also noticed that the air conditioner never turns off unless you manually do so. I had it set for 78 degrees and the fan on auto so when it reached 78 it would turn off, only that never happens so sometimes it can be very cold. One of my pillows had what looked like another blood stain on it from what I can only assume was the same previous guest. They didn’t clean under the bed or behind the night stands as I found a number of dirty tissues and what not under and behind there. I don’t consider myself to be a very messy person as I will typically load the dishwasher with whatever item I used immediately after I am finished and throw out anything else. However, one night I brought some burger king to my room and after I ate it all I fell asleep on the couch watching TV. When I woke up a couple of hours later there were ants everywhere. I could understand if I left the food out for a few nights or even an entire day but for literally 2 hours, when there wasn’t much food left just a few crumbs and the seeds that are on the burger bun and my room is crawling in ants. I was staying at extended stay because I just moved to Orlando for a new job opportunity and I didn’t want to rush into getting an apartment. I understand that they get business and leisure travelers alike but they had a group of kids from over seas here obviously on their vacation that would stay outside and party every night until 5-6 in the morning. I called down to the front desk the first time because they were screaming from the pool at around 11pm which is supposed to be closed around 9pm. The lady I spoke with said “I will tell them the pool is closed sorry”, only she never went, I watched from my room and after 15 mins of no one coming I called down again to find out why she didn’t care. It was obviously close to the time she was getting off because a different guy answered the phone now. So I told him the same issue and he did go and kick them out of the pool. I’m not sure what he told them, whether it was we had a few noise complaints or just that the pool itself was closed. Because less than an hour later they had pulled tables and chairs out of the pool area and set up a beer pong table on the lawn right outside my window. When I called down again he immediately went down and told them to stop which they did for about another hour or so before they continued partying in the lawn outside the guest windows. The next day I asked the lady I had spoken with on my first noise complaint to reassure me they were going to close to pool on time and that I wouldn’t have kids partying outside my room until 5 in the morning. Instead of confidently reassuring me that it won’t be an issue she started clicking around on her computer as if she needed the front desk operating system to tell her that “yes we will make sure to follow our own policies”. She gave me a very insincere smile and said “yes we’ll take care of that” and walked away from the desk without asking if I needed anything else, which I did but decided she really doesn’t like people and I didn’t want her to be bothered by a paying guest. However that night I had the same issues except they were sitting on the sidewalk literally 2 feet from the hotel room windows making a bunch of noise. When I complained the same man went and talked to them but they didn’t leave this time they tried to be quite for a few minutes but went right back into loud drunk mode a few minuets later. I finally called down for the last time and told the front desk this would be the last time I call them since these kids obviously aren’t listening to the hotel and told him to let them know the next time I am woken up at 3am by a bunch of underage kids drinking I would call the police. He definitely delivered that message because they went inside immediately and for the rest of my stay they were partying on the other side of the building probably annoying some other poor patron. I would say overall I would give this place a D or D- its good for the value but lets just say I can’t wait to find an apartment and get out of here because they don’t really seem to care.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Trevor M
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Trevor M
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was suppose to be a family trip including my puppy because the hotel said pet friendly. Upon check in it was very late when we got to the hotel. Which the gentleman at the front desk hurried us through check in to our room but very politely. On the 2nd week our keys didn't work so I went to get them reprogram from the front desk. I was met by a very rude front desk clerk who said that I needed to pay $150.00 plus tax for having a dog which I thought they already took from my credit card because before arrival I SPOKE WITH RESERVATIONS AND THEY SAID EVERYTHING WOULD APPLY ON THE FIRST NIGHT ARRIVAL. I WAS SHOCKED WHEN THE ROUGH EMPLOYEE TOLD ME SHE LEFT A NOTE FOR MY CARD TO BE CHARGED AGAIN. When I tried to explain she said well your dog barked all night. This was bold face lie with a horrible attitude. I stayed in all night and my puppy did not barked. Probably when the fast food solicitors come to stick the flyers under the door it yelp once.. Your a pet friendly hotel what the hell do you think is going to happen if dogs are in your hotel.. The employee was rude and inconsiderate and when I told her I rather pay cash for my dog, she replied that she already did her audit and to talk with the front desk in the morning. For future reference in good customer service what you should have said is cash would be no problem I will leave a note for the morning clerk. I could have complained when they checked me in a smoking room in a non smoking hotel. I also could have complained when they moved me to another room with a leaky air conditioner. I also could have complained when I checked the coach bed and saw mildew and stains through out the mattress but I mad the best of it since it claim to be family and pet friendly hotel. I could have argued when the room rate nearly double than what the online amount was....Big Mistake, Horrible Stay Ever! Checking out tomorrow! Will never stay her again thanks to your horrible, bad attitude employee.

Room Tip: Check and make sure pet friendly hotels are really family oriented and pet friendly before you stay.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We sincerely apologize that our front desk staff did not provide you with the quality service that you deserved. We will be retraining our staff to ensure that we are providing superior service to each of our guests.

We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at OUN@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Upon check in my daughter and I had to wade through a group of teenagers to get to check in. Check in was very easy as I had pre paid for my room. The lady at the front desk was prompt and polite.
I had no real complaints as to the room. It was well used but everything was in working order. As two females staying 4 nights in this room I kept the door double locked for safety. I had no problems or safety issues. The downstair hallway had some questionable smells and I was glad that we stayed on the second floor. The breakfast was a small "grab and go" consisting of drinks that tasted a bit watered down, a few snacks, maybe enough to get you to mid morning. The full size fridge, microwave and stove were very nice for some home style snacks. This hotel is close to Universal but not close enough to walk.
With what I know now I would not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave W
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We are enjoying our extended stay here in the process of relocating to Orlando. Our room is VERY clean ... no issues. This hotel is walking distance to Universal Studios which is very convenient. We checked out several of the "inns" and "suites" nearby and THIS hotel is definitely the best value. The check-in staff is amazing and I would give each one a gold star for their genuine care and concern, and including the housekeeping staff. Each person always greeted us with a friendly "Hello!' or "Good Morning!' The towel exchange routine has been a pleasure. The Grab & Go Breakfast is exactly as it is pictured on the website ... muffins, breakfast bars, instant oatmeal, yogurt, fresh oranges, coffee and juice. Remember though that the rooms have a FULL KITCHEN including oven and dishwasher, NOT a kitchenette, so some people do cook daily. That is a tremendous savings if you're going to stay more than a couple of days or have a few kids to feed. The park food is generally so-so and rather expensive to feed a family three meals a day. While this is a pet friendly hotel, I'm aware of only one room with a dog - which I only heard bark twice in a week. S/He is on the 1st floor and we are on the 2nd floor. Once in a while you might hear some very excited children (talking loud, giggling, etc either very early or late evening) ... but hey - this hotel caters to the park visitors, so what else would you expect? The laundry facilities are open 24/7 with good size newer machines. The dryer actually dries your clothes in 45 min. including jeans, no need for extra coins. The free WiFi saves me data usage $$$ on my cell phone bill. (!!!) In closing, I cannot say enough about the staff. THEY are what makes this place special.THANK YOU!!!!!

Room Tip: ASK TO SEE YOUR ROOM FIRST OR ASK FOR A CHOICE! They will gladly show you the rooms that are available. We did that in every hotel that we checked out FIRST. It is definitely worth the effort. I would not recommend 1st floor; lots of activity with the laundry, exercise room, the parking lot, etc. Also, try NOT to get the side by the fire department! We like the 2nd floor but if you get the 3rd floor, then there is no one above you.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Vineland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your clean room, our great location and our wonderful staff during your visit with us. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with your fully equipped kitchen, our laundry facilities and our free Wi-Fi. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again in the future.