“BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!! Nightmare Hotel!”

Ramada Orlando Downtown
Ranked #312 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here (for 3 hours) as part of a Cruise package. The bathroom was dirty, the floors not vacuumed and I woke up after only an hour to find bed bugs had been biting my arms and legs. I left immediately and left my contact info with the manager. I also called the next day and the next and left messages for him to contact me but he never did.
As others have written, I was also put here as part of a "time share scam" to show you what terrible conditions you can stay in if you don't buy the timeshare from RCI/Vacation villiage. They were going to send us on the cruise but I was on anti-biotics and bendryl for the remainder of the week due to the reaction from the bed bug bites. I was too afraid of being stuck on a boat in equally nasty conditions DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andrea D
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that you had the issues that you did during your stay. Bed bugs are common in the lodging industry especially in a tourist destination such as Orlando where many people come from around world to visit. We have a contract with a national pest control company that services the property. The room you stayed in has been treated and the beds have been discarded and replaced. The second issues that you described is with the cruse company. As I do understand your issues we are simply just a woleseller to them and have no control on how or what they do in business. I have contacted accounting and they will be mailing you a reimbursement check for your costs. I never want what happened to you to happen to any of my valued guests and will meet with department managers to change policy and procedure to ensure that safeguards are in place to ensure guest safety and concerns are met before they leave the property.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Well what can I say....when you walk in to the reception area it is absolutely breath taking, very nice setting, furniture, employees were very kind and cheerful. But when you walk in to the rooms OMG, the furniture was falling apart, bathroom walls filled with mildew, bed was pretty comfortable. Had NO cord on the phone so NO service, WiFi did not work. Discouraged had NO cofffe maker in room. Terrible smell in the hallways, like someone was smoking pot! Purchased breakfast in the dinning "buffet" BUT they had ran out of ALL and had to wait over 15 minutes!

I would say that for overall it was OK for the price paid but not sure if I would stay here again!

Room Tip: If you can get a better hotel....GO FOR IT!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carmen R

Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us. I will speak with the food and beverage team to see what happened during breakfast while you were with us. I am sorry that the room you were in did not fit the standard of what you expected and I ensure that this will be fixed. I will work with the night staff to ensure that there is more of a presence to ensure that any criminal activity will be stopped in a swift manor. Once again thank you for your business and feedback and hope that you will give us a second chance the next time you are in Orlando to show you that we are working hard to meet and exceed each and every guest expectations that we host on a daily basis.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is a case of you get what you pay for.

When I first entered my room, it was blatantly obvious that the carpets had not been vacuumed from the last guest. Tons of white debris against a dark carpet. I immediately stripped my bed to be sure that was clean. The sheets were good, but the comforter was stained & smelled like it hadn't been washed in a while. I quickly removed that & the other blanket from the bed. There were rips in the carpet, chips in the paint, and rust on most of the fixtures. The furniture was unsteady & worn...and sticky. There were drinks on the balcony from the last guests as well. If all this wasn't bad enough, the bathroom was terrible. The toilet was the only clean thing in there. Even the faucet was dirty. The handicap bench was dirty & stained in the shower as well...gross! Oh, and the phone didn't work in the room, so I had to drag my handicapped self to the lobby to complain.

When I complained at the front desk, I was told that the hotel was in the process of remodeling. My retort was that aesthetics & cleanliness were two completely different things and I asked for another room. I was told there were none and that they would send housekeeping TOMORROW to clean the room....what? Well, I had no other option as it was very late, and the manager was not there, so I went to bed.

I ended up staying in the hospital room of a friend of mine who had just had a baby for the next two days. When I came back, the room still hadn't been cleaned & the phone remained out of order. I went to the desk to complain, but a huge line had formed due to the arrival of a bus full of patrons. My handicap did not allow me to stand & wait, so I went back to my room. On my way back, a guest slid on a wet floor & spilled his drink everywhere. The staff threw a towel over it & put a caution sign over the spill. The towel & the sign were still there the next day!

The following day, I checked out. I gave my lengthy list of complaints to the apologetic man at the desk. He said the manager was not there until later that day, but would have him call me. That never happened. And, to add insult to injury, they still charged my a resort fee of $5/day in addition to the room rate. I figured they'd at least try to make amends & offer to waive it, but no.

I will never return, nor would I recommend this place to anyone I care about. They should be ashamed of their hotel. I will be making a formal complaint to Expedia (I booked the hotel through them). And don't bother with their restaurant...tasted like microwaved food.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kristen A
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that you had such a bad experience during your stay. I will look into each and every issue you described and ensure that will be corrected. Never the less. I would like to make things right. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel needs major help!!! The pictures that are shown on their hotel's website are deceiving. We checked-in and headed to our room.Once we walked in the room was not picked up from previous guests. The bathroom were still dirty the bed was messed up and the tv was still on!!! It still look as if the guest was still staying there..... Well we went to the front desk told them about what happened, they gave us another room. Well come to find out we went into the room and the room was again not picked up from previous guest!!! We proceeded to the front desk to get our money back, and while we were complaining another family had the same experience!!! Never had this happen to us before. Do not waste your time and money at this hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Stay on international drive!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Miranda M

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Had to stay as part of a time share package to go on a cruise. How can any hotel/m
otel not have a coffee maker. Especially when you can't get it in the lobby until 7.30am. Rooms where dirty. I had no hot water. Just a bad place all around.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike P

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was the worst expirence I've ever had with a hotel, We travel a lot and never encounter an issue like this. Roaches, and cigarette burns on the sheets, when it's suppose to be non-smoking. Worst customer service ever. The lady at the front desk didn't even care to put on a pretend smile on. Answered the phones rudely and was very unprofesional.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This "hotel" opened our eyes to a new level of disgusting. Our first room hadn't been cleaned from the previous guests (a mistake from the hotel), our second room we were sent to hadn't even had the furniture assembled (the bed was upright against the wall). Our 3rd & final room we were given was the last available and given it was late at night we had to accept it (very, very, very grudgingly), it was also not very clean...at all.

On check out we were asked how our stay was, my wife told them and their response was "oh....that's not good, but you've already paid" lol

Don't be mislead by the seemingly great photos! The hotel is very old and tired in nearly every aspect.

Room Tip: Choosing a good room would mean choosing another hotel - which I would strongly recommend.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple