“Booked through Expedia - what a mistake”

Ramada Orlando Downtown
Ranked #311 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
“Booked through Expedia - what a mistake”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Check in - poor single lady struggled to cope with the volume of arrivals and people complaining/exchanging their rooms. The first room we got was a pit and had no lock on the open patio door. Switches for lights missing and the walk in shower was more like the inside of an old paint tin - flaky to say the least. Second room was just about habitable. Very noisey corrider outside the room and the occupants in the next room sounded like gangsters with all the banging and shouting that was going on at 1AM. Whatever you have paid to stay here it was too much. Avoid until the owners completely refurbish oir demolish the building - a disgrace to the Ramada name and Expedia for selling their rooms.

Room Tip: Room tip stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TIGH-NA-SITH
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I a sorry to hear that you had so many issues during your stay. I would like to ensure that each and every issue has been noted and addressed with the respective department to ensure that no future guest has to encounter them. never the less I am truly sorry that your stay was not a success and ensure that we have made every effort to fix the issues during your stay that your reported. Please feel free to contact me directly to so we can work together to make things right.

Best Regards,

John Cummings

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have stayed in some seedy hotels before but this was the worst. 8 hour drive and was happy to find a hotel at a decent price. The entrance looks beautiful especially near the front desk. The room on the other hand, stained everywhere, chipped walls, sour smelling and just plain gross looking. I should have left then but I was exhausted. I woke up this morning with a huge cockroach on my arm. I screamed, flung it across the room, and my teenage son had to wake up and kill it for me. SO FREAKING DISGUSTING!!!!! Immediately packed up, went to the front desk to complain, and she just looked at me with a very dismissive "apologize that happened" and WENT BACK TO LOOKING AT HER COMPUTER! I found a motel 6 on international drive whose rooms are so much cleaner! Cheaper in price and still close to everything.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jenni B

Best Regards,

John Cummings

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This Ramada Hotel had to be the worse Ramada I have ever stayed in. Do not let the pictures for you, it is a bait and switch. My first room was dirty with hair all over the place, peeling ceiling, dirty bed and broken door locks. Carpet is filthy. GET IT TOGETHER.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kalvin S
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I actually stayed with family to avoid driving home late at night, in just a matter of hours my torso and arms had been bitten up by bed bugs. My family member woke up with pink eye, I'm sure due to the filth in the pillows or towels. We also found an empty condom wrapper besise the bed. I have never in my life experienced something like this and I am extremely appalled with the filth and pest in that hotel room. Ramada, at least attempt to take interest of the health and safety of your customers, please and thank you!

1 Thank msbrown_o
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed 26 March 2014

my faimily and i stayed at this hotel this past weekend.the enterance had garbage built up
and stayed there 4 three days.the room had roaches all over it was gross there was nobody there that could handle are complaint had to buy my own roach spray.i mean what would they do anyway move us to another room WITH ROACHES.the hallway`s were dirty,the pool was cold and dirty,hot tub NO HEAT.it really made for a very bad trip.THE BEST IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE
THERE WAS NONE.IVE BE CALLING FOR THREE DAY`S NO CALL`S BACK MANY EMAIL`S .NO SURPRIZE.SO SEE PICS I HAVE 27 PICS ONLY PUT ON FEW TO GET MY POINT ACROSS.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank darren3199
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I want to start by saying that as an emassador's son I have been to the best hotels as well as the worse and have never experienced anything like this one. After a long day at Disney, we arrived at the hotel at 2am with a sleeping 5 year old and 2 one year olds. We had 3 rooms which 2 out of the 3 had roaches. The front desk offered to change the rooms and again the same in the others.

When I asked to get a refund because we could not stay, the front desk clerk assured I would not get a refund. I called hotelsbyme and due to the seriousness of the problem, they were able to make an exception and give me a refund against the clerks will.

The front desk had the nerve to call the police stating that I was threatening him. The only thing threatening to him was that I took a video of the roaches, the lobby, the clerk and my family leaving at 3am which I will send to the health department and the local news channel.

When I saw the police drive up I stayed to give a statement. At this point the clerk stood behind te police officer insulting and yelling at me in both English and Spanish.

I was at this establishment 03/24 from aprox 2am until a little after 3am.

AVOID THIS HOTEL NO MATTER THE PRICE

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I came for an event at the convention. The hotel was convenient because it was by I-4. The hotel is average. But all things considering it was worth it. The front desk staff, especially Camlan, was amazing. She was extremely helpful. I appreciate her help.