“Great stay”

Ramada Orlando Downtown
Ranked #311 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
“Great stay”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation it was held up to expectation..Room was clean Desk Cerk I think her name was Ms.Silva was very helpful with directions around town and great bar tender.refrigerator and microwave clean patio was a nice view of the pool.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Miramar, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

From my check in late at night. It was all down hill. Only one person on duty. No luggage cart and one working elevator. Only one room / door key worked and the room door was hard to open. Had to put my shoulder to the door. None of the following; towels, hand towels, wash cloth, shower cap, no face tissue. For a place that says they have wifi, there was none. The bathroom smelled clean but there was mold in and roaches in the room and bathroom. The room was some what clean. An outdoor table was the table we had in the room. The curtains and the bed linen had nothing in common. When you use the microwave the TV turned off. The whole hotel, especially the rooms need a serous face lift. I had to ask for a receipt and a print out of my charges. The only good thing about my stay was the cleaning staff. The ladies that clean the rooms were really nice, polite, and helpful. I am sorry for the cleaning staff, but this place needs to be closed down.

Room Tip: No good rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tanya B
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I a sorry to hear that you had so many issues during your stay. I would like to ensure that each and every issue has been noted and addressed with the respective department to ensure that no future guest has to encounter them. never the less I am truly sorry that your stay was not a success and ensure that we have made every effort to fix the issues during your stay that your reported. Please feel free to contact me directly to so we can work together to make things right.

John Cummings

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Lancaster
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Well I booked this as a Priceline.com deal for $27 Plus tax. Upon arrival, the lobby looked great! I was thinking "What a great deal!" Well that was the only thing that looked nice. We arrived to the room and the floor was dirty like someone lightly vacuumed and didn't bother to get under the table or clean the top of the armoire. Trash that other guest left was still up there. Bathroom had paint chipping off of the ceiling pretty bad. I could look over all of these things due to the low room rate. I didn't expect a five star hotel, just a clean room that possibly had some minor flaws.
After parking the car and walking in at 2 am, I was a little worried due to the people on the balcony cutting up and drinking. The hotel is not in the best area, less than 1/4 mile from the jail. It almost seemed that people could be using some of the rooms for prostitution purposes.
Went to sleep, woke up in the morning and went to take a shower. We had 4 in our family. NO Towels! Not even one. There were 2 wash cloths and 2 small hand towels. I called the front desk, ask if they could bring some towels, was told that I could come down to the front desk and get them or wait 1.5 hours until the housekeeping staff came in at 9:30am. I then went to the front desk in my boxer shorts to get them. 3 people were standing behind the desk. I expressed my displeasure only to find one of them was the housekeeping manager. If the manager can't bring you towels then that is the worst customer service ever. I highly suggest you find another hotel that is kept up and has a staff that wants to do their job. For us, it was only one night. Please don't plan your Orlando vacation staying here. There are many other budget hotels that have great service. Thanks Kyle South Carolina

1 Thank kyle29720

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I didn't expect to be walking into such a beautiful space here!
We had our business event here and every participant was extremely impressed!
Nice gathering area in the bar for networking.
Large event room with a really nice layout.
Highly Recommend!
2 thumbs way up!

Room Tip: Stay on the 5th floor! Marie is the BEST! Breakfast is only $3.99!! Convenient to I-4.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
orlando
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My boyfriend and I were appalled at the incident that occurred during our stay. After a second room change, were moved to a room with a kids section in it. After a few hours of settling in my boyfriend went into the kids room and happened to look at the top of the wall separating the two sections and found a crack pipe and syringe needle. Disgusted, he immediately took the items to the front desk. He asked to speak to a supervisor in private and when he showed the items the first response was why did it take us 3 hours to report! He explained that the items were in an inconspicuous spot and he just so happened to see it and they were still apprehensive and told him that his name wasn't on the reservation. At which point I came down to try and speak with them but instead of being empathetic and cooperative they were accusing us as if we planted it there! There were 3 managers and 1 security guard and they were all extremely disrespectful and rude. I myself am a manager at as hotel and was absolutely appalled by the way they handled the situation. When I asked for corporate number they gave me a bogus number. If you want to be treated like a drug addict you most certainly can stay here. If not I would highly recommend staying somewhere else. What a disgrace. No refund or anything either!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Long story short my friend and I needed a cheap room for the night... the looks on the outside will definitely fool you because it at least looks decent..The two guys at the front desk were friendly but once we got to the room it was like something out of a 80s horror movie. The bathroom was the worst part. It was crust in every corner God knows what that was..look like the walls were dry rotted out in the corners which probably contributed to the smell of the room which was terrible. I usually do not write reviews, actually this is my first online review ever because I want to spare somebody else so they wont have to stay in that place. Ramada definitely needs to be concerned about the cleanliness and safety of this hotel. Never would I stay here..this place needs to be condemned.

Room Tip: no good rooms here
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Aaron A

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I arrived a this hotel, which I had booked through Priceline, at about 10 in the morning. I was with my nephew. He was starting his new job at Disney the next day and it was my job to get him there safely. We met at the airport fairly early and drove to the hotel fully aware that it was earlier than the check-in time but thought we would see if the room was ready anyway and if not, drop off our bags and go run some errands until check-in. The hotel is advertised as being a four star hotel in downtown. It's nowhere near downtown. It's a roadside motel next to the prison with nothing else around it. We pulled into the parking lot and took our bags into the hotel. There is no one to help you, no luggage carts, and there are stairs you have to haul your suitcase up. A young woman was the only person working at the desk. Before we could speak she said, "You can't check in until 3." No hello, nothing. Okay, would should we do, we asked. "Come back at 3," she replied. I asked if there was any chance a room would be available earlier because we were very tired from our flights. "No." Then I asked if we could store our bags. She very begrudgingly stomped over to a side door, opened it, folded her arms and glared at us. I said to my nephew, "I think our bags might be safer if we keep them with us." So I told the clerk that we were going to go back to our car. Once outside, I watched a man back a car right up to the railing outside the patio of one of the rooms, get out, jump over the railing and go into the room. I don't' know if it was his room or not but the lack of security was unnerving. I said, 'We're leaving." There was no way I was going to stay here overnight and certainly no way I would leave my belongings unattended there. This place is so sketchy. Unless you have business at the prison, I would avoid it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business