“Do Not Book this Hotel!”

Ramada Orlando Downtown
Ranked #313 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Ok, the nature of my profession requires a lot of travel. I've seen everything from the unexpected oasis to war zones. But never a war zone with a reputable name. Well, that is until now. This place smells bad. Starting with the lobby. There were odors in the lobby, elevators and room. My kids constantly complained about the smells. Broken towel rack and iron. 1 towel left for a 2 bed suite. Used soap left under the sink from previous tenant. Ants and a poorly maintained ac unit. Had to run the ac at lowest temp to keep the room at a livable temp. Unfortunately for Ramada I will never book any of there hotels again based on the experience I had with this one. And yes this is the first Ramada I've ever booked. Beware!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

The management and staff at the Ramada Orlando care about your satisfaction before and during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review on this site. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Since your review we have made extreme changes to the housekeeping department and retrained all the staff.
It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.

Best Regards

There are newer reviews for Ramada Orlando Downtown

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Worst experience ever! When first arrived got there two hrs early so tried to see if our room may be done early lady was super rude and told us no and we could just wait. Then noticed DUCKTAP holding down title on one of the stairs in the lobby! Tried to be like whatever room should be good its a Ramada right oh no wrong! bathtub Dirty. Lamp attached to wall but does not work cause no outlet for it. other outlet does not even let you plug anything into it cause the wall pushes in like dry rote. Charge 15 Dollars for extra's like the sports bar and gift shop. Sports bar was said to be opened from 6ish pm til 8:30 or 9pm. Went at 8pm closed. Went to front desk to get new room, 4 people complained about their own room while I was in line. The new room I got offered was for handicap and the outlet was hanging away from the wall behind bed wires showing and all. They refused to give a refund. So next morning called my travel agent. The lady at front desk hung up on my travel agent. Travel agent called back got hung up on two more times by the Mgn. After that travel agent gave us a coupon do get another room at a different hotel since this one would not give a refund or anything. When we did check out we forgot our phone chargers, Husband went back in to get them two people at front desk only one checking in guest the other sitting in front of a computer claiming it was not working and then had a friend bring her in food. Did she take it to the back to eat oh no with 5 guest in line waiting for their rooms she sits at THE FRONT DESK and EATS her food in front of everyone! The ramada should shut this place down or fire the workers. This place is getting ran into the ground. Oh yeah it looks nice on outside but once your in you will be upset enough to cry!

Room Tip: Don't get any room here!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Best Regards

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation it was held up to expectation..Room was clean Desk Cerk I think her name was Ms.Silva was very helpful with directions around town and great bar tender.refrigerator and microwave clean patio was a nice view of the pool.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

From my check in late at night. It was all down hill. Only one person on duty. No luggage cart and one working elevator. Only one room / door key worked and the room door was hard to open. Had to put my shoulder to the door. None of the following; towels, hand towels, wash cloth, shower cap, no face tissue. For a place that says they have wifi, there was none. The bathroom smelled clean but there was mold in and roaches in the room and bathroom. The room was some what clean. An outdoor table was the table we had in the room. The curtains and the bed linen had nothing in common. When you use the microwave the TV turned off. The whole hotel, especially the rooms need a serous face lift. I had to ask for a receipt and a print out of my charges. The only good thing about my stay was the cleaning staff. The ladies that clean the rooms were really nice, polite, and helpful. I am sorry for the cleaning staff, but this place needs to be closed down.

Room Tip: No good rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tanya B
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I a sorry to hear that you had so many issues during your stay. I would like to ensure that each and every issue has been noted and addressed with the respective department to ensure that no future guest has to encounter them. never the less I am truly sorry that your stay was not a success and ensure that we have made every effort to fix the issues during your stay that your reported. Please feel free to contact me directly to so we can work together to make things right.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Well I booked this as a Priceline.com deal for $27 Plus tax. Upon arrival, the lobby looked great! I was thinking "What a great deal!" Well that was the only thing that looked nice. We arrived to the room and the floor was dirty like someone lightly vacuumed and didn't bother to get under the table or clean the top of the armoire. Trash that other guest left was still up there. Bathroom had paint chipping off of the ceiling pretty bad. I could look over all of these things due to the low room rate. I didn't expect a five star hotel, just a clean room that possibly had some minor flaws.
After parking the car and walking in at 2 am, I was a little worried due to the people on the balcony cutting up and drinking. The hotel is not in the best area, less than 1/4 mile from the jail. It almost seemed that people could be using some of the rooms for prostitution purposes.
Went to sleep, woke up in the morning and went to take a shower. We had 4 in our family. NO Towels! Not even one. There were 2 wash cloths and 2 small hand towels. I called the front desk, ask if they could bring some towels, was told that I could come down to the front desk and get them or wait 1.5 hours until the housekeeping staff came in at 9:30am. I then went to the front desk in my boxer shorts to get them. 3 people were standing behind the desk. I expressed my displeasure only to find one of them was the housekeeping manager. If the manager can't bring you towels then that is the worst customer service ever. I highly suggest you find another hotel that is kept up and has a staff that wants to do their job. For us, it was only one night. Please don't plan your Orlando vacation staying here. There are many other budget hotels that have great service. Thanks Kyle South Carolina

1  Thank kyle29720

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I didn't expect to be walking into such a beautiful space here!
We had our business event here and every participant was extremely impressed!
Nice gathering area in the bar for networking.
Large event room with a really nice layout.
Highly Recommend!
2 thumbs way up!

Room Tip: Stay on the 5th floor! Marie is the BEST! Breakfast is only $3.99!! Convenient to I-4.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My boyfriend and I were appalled at the incident that occurred during our stay. After a second room change, were moved to a room with a kids section in it. After a few hours of settling in my boyfriend went into the kids room and happened to look at the top of the wall separating the two sections and found a crack pipe and syringe needle. Disgusted, he immediately took the items to the front desk. He asked to speak to a supervisor in private and when he showed the items the first response was why did it take us 3 hours to report! He explained that the items were in an inconspicuous spot and he just so happened to see it and they were still apprehensive and told him that his name wasn't on the reservation. At which point I came down to try and speak with them but instead of being empathetic and cooperative they were accusing us as if we planted it there! There were 3 managers and 1 security guard and they were all extremely disrespectful and rude. I myself am a manager at as hotel and was absolutely appalled by the way they handled the situation. When I asked for corporate number they gave me a bogus number. If you want to be treated like a drug addict you most certainly can stay here. If not I would highly recommend staying somewhere else. What a disgrace. No refund or anything either!