“I would recommend paying a few extra bucks for a better hotel”

Ramada Orlando Downtown
Ranked #312 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel is nice at first, you have a few thugs hanging outside, which is expected at most any big hotel. You walk in through the lobby and it's nice, you go to the elevator and step in. It smells like body odor and like the elevator cables are burning. You get out and there are odd people in the walkway talking about seeing there supplier, which the hotel can't help who they allow to stay but can limit where they convene. You walk down the hallway and first you smell mold, and then you smell marijuana, not a hint of it, an overwhelming smell of it. The walls of the hallway had holes, mold actually growing on the walls, and room numbers written on with a marker. The room was surprisingly clean, however the thing that most caught me off guard was the metal security door with double locks heading onto the balcony. The cleaning staff didn't speak English for the most part, but the ones that did smoked weed in the hallways. The staff down stairs were very rude, very unprofessional, and were not competent towards any requests. The desk called our room at 6 am to see if we'd be interested in buying breakfast, not room service, just breakfast. Everything in our room worked, but other guests had issues. We had 3 different people requesting to use our phone because their room phone didn't work, and the hotel would charge them $50.00 for a replacement phone. The hotel was in a very bad part of town, hence the prostitutes walking in front of and in the hotel, openly asking guests if "they wanted to have a special night". Any time after 6 on either JYP or OBT, the streets also would be filled with them. They also worked out of our hotel, and we found out when we walked by a pimp and "his girl" and he said "if you pay you can do more than just look". The final night we stayed there, there was a shooting on the street in front of our balcony. We woke up to gunshots a 3 am, and were not allowed to leave the hotel until 11 am the following morning. With that being said, the county jail is on the other side of I-4 as well. Definitely would not recommend staying at this hotel, even for one night. We found the hotel through Trivago as a deal, and we failed to read the reviews prior to our stay. The stay was a fail, and the hotel is oblivious to it's guest. Not a good choice for a hotel stay, especially with family or friends.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Coreyburrus
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less then a success. I have reviewed this with my staff and corrective action has been implemented to ensure that the issues are corrected for all future guests. Thank you for your business and honest feedback regarding your stay with us.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Where do I begin? The people smoking pot in the room next to us or the fact that NONE of the electrical outlets worked? Bugs, VERY rude staff, broken fridge, dirty pool. Dont trust the photos this place is trash.

• Stayed: August 2014
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us. I would like to fix your issues but need more information from you. I ask that you contact me directly to ensure that compensated for you stay.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I have blessed to get to know Ms.Silva she is the best.she show the guest with respect fast at booking the guest and always a pleasure to see here face...the price is right clean and my stay has been good(^.^)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Ramada Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback regarding your stay with us. The staff and management takes great pride in the value of services and accommodations that we provide each and every guest that we host on a daily basis. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Cheap, but still, stay away. It's so bad, it seems that ownership and management are deliberately killing this hotel, which may have been quite grand in its day. The place is filthy and broken, the bar is open until 9 and has nothing to serve, the restaurant is basically closed, except for the lamest of breakfast buffets and a pathetic menu the rest of the time which must be ordered from the bar.

My shower worked ok and, my bed was reasonably comfortable, although I wonder how many bug bites I got.

Owners, blow it up. Sell the scrap and go away.

People, sleep in your car versus this place.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Torocket

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I a sorry to hear that you had so many issues during your stay. I would like to ensure that each and every issue has been noted and addressed with the respective department to ensure that no future guest has to encounter them. never the less I am truly sorry that your stay was not a success and ensure that we have made every effort to fix the issues during your stay that your reported. Please feel free to contact me directly to so we can work together to make things right.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I made our reservation over the phone with a credit card prior to arriving. The lady who helped me over the phone was great. Once I arrived at the hotel it seemed alright from the outside just like in the pictures but once I walked it in seemed like something out of a horror movie. It smelled horrible to where I even had to cover my nose as I walked over to the check in counter. We checked in around 3am. I decided to pay in cash since I was told it was ok. Once the check in was complete the man at the desk told me they didn't have anymore rooms in the building and that he only had rooms outside available. He made a note on his notepad to move me to a better room the next morning as soon as the guests had checked out. As we got inside our hotel room the electricity was not working and the water was not working as well. Oh and the door to the balcony did not close at all. I tried calling the front desk but no one answered. We were so tired at this point that we just had to sleep and we figured, well the man whom checked us in would be moving us in the morning so we decided to stick it out for the night.
The next morning came and I called the front desk only to be told they could not move us because we were a cash paying custome.What ?????? So I asked, what is going on with the employees giving guests the run around with false information ? She told me that cash paying customers get the bad side of the hotel and the credit card paying customers get the better side since the rooms have more expensive items in the room and the credit card is to cover damage to these items.
I decide to go to the front desk and give my credit card (keep in mind during check in when I changed from paying in credit card to cash they did not disclose to me the option of staying at the better side by paying in credit card as opposed to paying in cash)because the room was horrible and We could not go another night in this room. Once we are given the other room it was the same exact room with the same low end lights, old school tvs. So I asks myself, what expensive better items are in this room that I needed a credit card for if its the same exact room as the bad side of the hotel? Again, I went to the front desk to complain and demanded an explanation as to why we are given false information and why the run around. The lady rolled her eyes at me and decided to share (at this moment) that only two floors had been updated and hold the better looking rooms with the upgrades. So again, I go to yet another room. Not to my my surprise at all, yet another room exactly the same as the rest except for a 27 inch flat screen tv which would not stay plugged into the wall since the outlet was broken.... Wow ! I was in shock as to the customer service and lack of information. I was a very upset guest. I was in a hurry to leave the hotel at this point to get a start on our vacation which started so horribly.

Oh, the pool... It was so gross!!!! The kiddie pool was green and my kids did not want to even go in. I witnessed from my balcony window the pool maintenance guy test the pool waters and throw away the test strip into the bushes. The pool was just disgusting...

No wifi in the hotel at all.

Oh, the elevators smelled like dirty diapers. My youngest 3 year old got stuck inside by herself because the door sensors did not work. So scary!!!

The doors leading outside to the parking lock did not even lock. So no security for the hotel guests. Anyone could sneak in and hang out or do damage , use the pool etc....

Be ware this hotel also charged an additional $5.00 fee daily just because they have a disgusting pool, store and restaurant on site.

I would be ware if you stay at this hotel..... Not safe, very dirty etc.....
We will never book this hotel again.

Room Tip: No good rooms .. The upgraded rooms they so call it only has a 27 in flat screen the rest of the roo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I will have to say most of the staff was nice and friendly. My problem was the last day of my stay. I was reading poolside, and someone came out to me and was very rude, asking if some children in the pool were mine. He did not ask any other adult, and the lady that was with him rolled her eyes at me when I told them that those children were not mine. Some people who think they are in management need an attitude adjustment. Probably will not be back until people at the top learn people skills. And the elevators constantly smelled like poop, when they were working.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

First of all when you enter the hotel it smells like cat urine. Then the elevator smelled like burnt cables, and when u think it cabt get worse the room was as stinky as the entrance. There were even many prostitutes in the hotel and plenty of people in the parking lot. Skip this hotel not good at all.

Stayed: July 2014